The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:50 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Bad matchups 

I want this thread to be mainly bad matchups you have generally encountered, although i am a very new player to ssf2 I do main link, and from my experience Capt. Falco is my worst nightmare.
With that statement i want to know Bad matchups for more or less every character you guys main, or have played against.
This does not limit you to posting what you have a hard time beating, this also applies to matchups you just destroy.

RAI[color=#00BF00]N[/color]BOW
... did that work??? AM I COOL NOW??????????

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:36 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Kirby loses so many MUs but his worst MU is defiantly Isaac (30:70 imo).
Isaac's Side B basically stops Kirby from approaching. Isaac can probably stall by spamming Side B and Jab tbh. Also Isaac has so many tools while Kirby doesn't have many, so Kirby cant really deal with most of Isaac's moves.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:48 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Hmm well this is just my first experience thought online play.

:luigi: : :gameandwatch: sometimes have a hard time getting in with grabs and if I mess up my combo while under him (sometimes if continues offstage) his dair destroys me. Also takes advantage of fire balls with bucket.

There are some cases I see where I can go in for a up b. Fire balls does help you get in, but :gameandwatch: can do the same with his neutral b so yeah.

I think he also struggles against :metaknight: cause he gets out ranged and probably has a hard time getting back to ledge against him.

I also heard :luigi: has a hard time fighting :fox: , idk how well he does against the falco and everyone else tbh.

:metaknight: Again, this is just first experience and i'm still learning the match ups but, I think :metaknight: sometimes struggles against Wario cause of his up air and gets pushed out easily when trying to get in with combos and stuff.

Also against :fox: , :fox: is really fast and his up air kill combos is hard to get away from sometimes. But I honestly think :fox: wins that MU.

:zerosuitsamus: her recovery when she losesher double jump (LUL).

:bowser: : I'd say :metaknight: obviously cause of how easy it is to up air up b combo him and edge guard. Probably loses to :luigi: :fox: :marth: :zerosuitsamus: and Falco too.

So again for the last time saying, all of this are just my thoughts just from my experience from online play though I haven't fought these characters much, so I maybe wrong.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Last edited by darkrinorex on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:33 pm

darkrinorex wrote:
Hmm well this is just my first experience thought online play.

:luigi: : :gameandwatch: sometimes have a hard time getting in with grabs and if I mess up my combo while under him (sometimes if continues offstage) his dair destroys me. Also takes advantage of fire balls with bucket.

There are some cases I see where I can go in for a up b. Fire balls does help you get in, but :gameandwatch: can do the same with his neutral b so yeah.

I think he also struggles against :metaknight: cause he gets out ranged and probably has a hard time getting back to ledge against him.

I also heard :luigi: has a hard time fighting :fox: , idk how well he does against the falco and everyone else tbh.

:metaknight: Again, this is just first experience and i'm still learning the match ups but, I think :metaknight: sometimes struggles against Wario cause of his up air and gets pushed out easily when trying to get in with combos and stuff.

Also against :fox: , :fox: is really fast and his up air kill combos is hard to get away from sometimes. But I honestly think :fox: wins that MU.

:zerosuitsamus: her recovery when she has no double (LUL).

:bowser: : I'd say :metaknight: obviously cause of how easy it is to up air up b combo him and edge guard. Probably loses to :luigi: :fox: :marth: :zerosuitsamus: and Falco too.

So again for the last time saying, all of this are just my thoughts just from my experience from online play though I haven't fought these characters much, so I maybe wrong.

oh thats just what this thread is about, all about your past experiences against characters that are a pretty bad match for your mains, your information is sure to help others reading this thread!

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:39 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
I'd say Bowser has the worst matchup with Jiggly.
Bowser has such a huge hitbox and Rest kills at an early percent as of Beta, so there's that too.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:02 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
I had a really hard time fighting a good Marth as Mario because Mario's moves are slow while Marth's are almost instant so I couldn't land a single blow without being combo'd. (The input delay didn't help either)

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:56 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
I have never won a :blackmage: vs :link: match 1 on 1. And I'm pretty good as blackmage. Blackmage lack of range flops with links extended sword and projectile range.

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
BDee is abysmal against Isaac and isaac spam

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Ive defeated three shieks in a row (one of them I especially enjoyed playing against [I think their user was Night(something)17] because they had a sense of fairness (I accidently ran of the edge at the start, and they ran off too just to balance us out) had a really good skillset, and was generally just a fun battle, tested me to my limits.)
I know faster classes are really bad matches for link, but shiek seems to be my only exception. Im not sure if its because all of the shieks i play against are bad or that its just that their moves cant compete with links.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:24 pm

As Marth, I feel like I can't do anything aginst Mega Man. You basically can't be on the ground.
Edit: I've won a couple now. The less they spam neutral/side B, the better I do.

Last edited by bunq on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:48 pm

So far, i'm honestly feeling like :metaknight: has trouble getting in on :mario: cause fire balls and if you try time your hits bad, his up smash kills you.

A funny thing I noticed is that :mario: dash attack makes me think he's a sword character LOL. When I fought a :mario: who spam dash attack to try getting in, I noticed that some of the dash hits DON'T ACTUALLY HIT ME!! LOL. it's like 1-2 feet away from me, but the dash attack still connects, no wonder some people think :mario: is better than :marth: in this game :xd:

But again tho, this was mostly a laggy match up, so Idk how this MU actually is when there's no lag (I blame target sign for causing lag in basically all my matches so far lol).

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 am

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
darkrinorex wrote:
(I blame target sign for causing lag in basically all my matches so far lol).

Noob

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:17 am

asuhdude wrote:
darkrinorex wrote:
(I blame target sign for causing lag in basically all my matches so far lol).

Noob

Right.. LUL

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
:luffy: vs :tails:
tails neutral special ruins luffys neutral and side special(the focal point behind he's stage control)

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 am

OK, so lately, people seem to love counter picking with :mario: everytime they see me use :metaknight: .

I can see why after playing against :mario: , his back and forward throw can kill him kinda easily (in :metaknight: neutral jab after the 3rd hit, I think :mario: can grab you and just throw you into the blast zone at high percent).

His fireballs is annoying for :metaknight: deal with (of course I try to fly over them), also have to be careful about after they throw a fireball, cause if you fly over them, they will probably most likely try to upsmash you (which I do a lot with :luigi: ).

Not sure if using dimension cape is a good thing to rely one when they start using fireballs.

:mario: does seem reall easy to edge guard though.

What else does anyone think about the :mario: vs :metaknight: match up?

I'm honestly right now feeling like :luigi: vs :falco: could be even IMO.

Besides reflecting fireballs (which I think everyone can do just by shielding lol), I think fireballs mess with :falco: and gives :luigi: a good opening to combo/grab combo/reset grab combo him since he's a fast faller and go for quick smash hit to K.O., I just feel like :luigi: vs :falco: isn't actually that bad of a match up for :luigi: again imo, :luigi: vs :fox: tho.. yeah idk yet lol.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:19 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next