The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
FL Studio 10 - Metronome Integration? 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
G0L3M‼ wrote:
I'm pretty sure he knows that... otherwise he wouldn't know how to use the metronome to begin with...
Not to mention the fact that a song having a beat is more then basic, heck I wouldn't even consider it music theory.

:nod: Thank you.

OF COURSE a metronome is not used by everyone. No one's expected to use it. But I personally want it. I have a full song going, and Its pretty good (said some friends and random people I asked) but there are 3 metronomes in fl studio 10, and one of them is a beep which makes my song sound better at points. Its hard to recreate. It's not like the metronome is the main beat. I guess you'd have to hear it to really know. :sweat:

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
I'm pretty sure he knows that... otherwise he wouldn't know how to use the metronome to begin with...
Not to mention the fact that a song having a beat is more then basic, heck I wouldn't even consider it music theory.

OF COURSE a metronome is not used by everyone. No one's expected to use it. But I personally want it. I have a full song going, and Its pretty good (said some friends and random people I asked) but there are 3 metronomes in fl studio 10, and one of them is a beep which makes my song sound better at points. Its hard to recreate. It's not like the metronome is the main beat. I guess you'd have to hear it to really know. :sweat:

You could just play it and record it from your speaker. I mean:
Go to volume settings -> Options -> Properties -> Recording -> OK -> Uncheck microphone and check Speaker or Stereo Mix or Line In (it depends on your computer).
(assuming you're using windows)
Do not forget to post the result here.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 am

Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

I don't have to hear it to know, I use a metronome for playing bass and it is most definitely the main beat. If your metronome isn't the main beat, your doing it wrong.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 am
Site Moderator

G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

I don't have to hear it to know, I use a metronome for playing bass and it is most definitely the main beat. If your metronome isn't the main beat, your doing it wrong.

Obviously you need to hear it. its a CLUB beat. SO, the metronome is just extra. Plus, like i said, MY metronome is a beep/bell sound. It's just that it sounds really....PLAIN without a metronome. Ill attach what it sounds like without the metronome.

EDIT: Never mind, the extension .wav or.mp3 is not allowed (or so says the site) so I can't upload it, but still.

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:05 pm

There are many sites you can upload sound files too.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Waifu: I'm married
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

there is no right or wrong in music you c***
unless you are neutral milk hotel
because then you are wrong
so very wrong

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: stuff. loud stuff.
i lol'd

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Señor Senior, Sr. wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

so very wrong

Nickelback.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 am

Blink182.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:03 am

Señor Senior, Sr. wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

so very wrong

There is a difference between doing it wrong and being wrong, metronomes aren't used to make your song better they're meant for learning to stay on beat and with the rythym. Once you replicate the metronomes sound it's no longer a metronome, it's just a beat. Either way if he wants to use the metronome in his song I'm not going to stop him because technically there is nothing wrong with it, any musician would shun this person for his shenanigans; he clearly has a lot to learn.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am
Site Moderator

G0L3M‼ wrote:
Señor Senior, Sr. wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

there is no right or wrong in music you @#$%
so very wrong

There is a difference between doing it wrong and being wrong, metronomes aren't used to make your song better they're meant for learning to stay on beat and with the rythym. Once you replicate the metronomes sound it's no longer a metronome, it's just a beat. Either way if he wants to use the metronome in his song I'm not going to stop him because technically there is nothing wrong with it, any musician would shun this person for his shenanigans; he clearly has a lot to learn.

Shun me for my Shenanigans? Seriously? :huh: :xd:

Look, Metronomes can be whatever you want them to be. Technically, a metronome can be used for EXACTLY what im using it for now. Maybe Following others is the type of thing that makes you a one-hit wonder like Justin Beiber. Yes, he only HAD ONE top song. Baby. That's it. I don't follow other people. It's not fun, because you can't really say you're original. Plus, How the hell do you make music wrong?! If it sounds good, it sounds good and it'd only sound good if it's well put together. Makes sense? I Know it does.

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Señor Senior, Sr. wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

there is no right or wrong in music you @#$%
so very wrong

Shun me for my Shenanigans? Seriously? :huh: :xd:

Look, Metronomes can be whatever you want them to be. Technically, a metronome can be used for EXACTLY what im using it for now. Maybe Following others is the type of thing that makes you a one-hit wonder like Justin Beiber. Yes, he only HAD ONE top song. Baby. That's it. I don't follow other people. It's not fun, because you can't really say you're original. Plus, How the hell do you make music wrong?! If it sounds good, it sounds good and it'd only sound good if it's well put together. Makes sense? I Know it does.

Using a metronome isn't following others, its what a metronome was made for and it's what it will always be for. Also once you use a metronome in a song its no longer a metronome, its just a beat! It's not original at all you just happen to discover that a constant beat sounds good in your song while using a metronome.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Waifu: I'm married
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Señor Senior, Sr. wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Flashmonster wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:

so very wrong

no
anything that makes sound
can be used in music
if you want to make an album using only that squishy sound your hand makes when you masturbate
then seriously who is going to stop you??

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm
YIM WWW

I'm not even sure what everyone is arguing about anymore, I said a metronome is used as a main beat. Once a metronome is put into a song its no longer a metronome, its just a beat. I have never said that he couldn't put it into the song, or that its a bad thing.

my previous post:
Using a metronome isn't following others, its what a metronome was made for and it's what it will always be for. Also once you use a metronome in a song its no longer a metronome, its just a beat! It's not original at all you just happen to discover that a constant beat sounds good in your song while using a metronome.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
he had more than one top song s***

why do you think he's still making music videos with f*** chris brown and s***

if he truly was a one hit wonder he would have already been dropped by his record label by now
but since he's so talented and usher loves him he definitely is no one hit wonder

also topic maker
learn music theory and then maybe you wont look like a complete idiot

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next