The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:07 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 19337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 1290  Next
Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS 

MGN Username: Equinox
Currently Playing: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
SuperSmashDrake wrote:
1056kirby wrote:
SuperSmashDrake wrote:
Zoo wrote:
1056kirby wrote:
They should make Lololo a character or assist trophy, he was created by Hal. They should also make a remix of the eight melodies from Mother or Earthbound becuase, although I haven't played those games, both of those songs are two of my favorite videogame songs of all time.

You know, I have a fear that the creaters of SSB will concentrate on Kid Icarus: Uprising way too much. Like, I'm ok with a newcomer or two, a stage, an assist trophy, a bunch of cool song remixes and some items, but what if they, you know, put way too much emphisis on it? Ignoring the other games in the series almost completely, like they did with Mother 3. I really don't want that to happen, the other Kid Icarus games need respect too.

When did that happen in SSB?

He never said it happened. Kirby I personally think that Kid Icarus doesn't deserve a new character. It's a retro game no matter what people say, and the other retro games have 1 character. I think the new retro rep should be Balloon Fighter.

Also, I hope the Kirby series doesn't get another character. There is really no one left who sticks out, only choice I could think of is Daroach.

Believe it or not, Daroach was the exact character I was thinking of, but there's also Bandana Dee and Galactic Knight. By the way, since it was made by the creators of SSB, Kid Icarus: Uprising is getting a character in SSB4, whether we like it or not. I mean, why wouldn't Sora LTD. make a reference to their own game, and why would they create a new game with new characters for Kid Icarus if they didn't like it that much? I mean, SSBB recreated Pit in the first place, so Kid Icarus: Uprising is going to be a big deal in SSB4.

Sakurai also made Kirby, and he HELD BACK from having more characters than Kirby in the original and Melee.

And on the topic of DLC, I think it would be a great idea, as long as Nintendo doesn't pull a Capcom when it comes to fighting game DLC.

Finally someone agrees with the DLC idea.
If it's available, I would like it if you got to choose what you want to download.
Not an automated choice where it's already decided what's gonna be downloaded if you choose to download DLC.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
^ I actually agree with this too. Can't wait to get my 3DS so when it's released I can get it.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:23 pm

For the 3DS, if DLC was in, I wonder how it would work.
I hope the DLC could be downloaded through Spotpass.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 pm

MGN Username: SuperSmashDrake
Currently Playing: Destiny, Smash 4, & Marvel Contest of Champions
Dark Void wrote:

The Nintendo Network logo has been appearing on game box art for games that involve DLC, so I believe that the Nintendo eShop will get an update that will add DLC distribution.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:28 pm

SuperSmashDrake wrote:
Dark Void wrote:

The Nintendo Network logo has been appearing on game box art for games that involve DLC, so I believe that the Nintendo eShop will get an update that will add DLC distribution.

I hope so.
The EShop should get all the stuff involved with the DLC.
If not, Spotpass should be the next option.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:39 pm

So since the developers of Brawl said that they would not implement DLC or online leaderboards. Do you guys think that there is a small chance that they will be implemented in SSB4?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
So since the developers of Brawl said that they would not implement DLC or online leaderboards. Do you guys think that there is a small chance that they will be implemented in SSB4?

I think DLC will be in, considering that the 3DS has Spotpass, making getting the DLC a lot easier.
For the online leaderboards, I think they'll be in as well, if Online is available.
If the leaderboards make it in SSB4, I would like to see a ranking board, which shows how good you are throughout the whole world.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Currently Playing: Wii U VC games, bro.
DLC was already announced for the 3DS. If you look under save files in options you can find a catagory for DLC (add-on content). It was also announced that some games that already exist in Japan will have DLC, although I can't remember which ones. DLC is a BIG possibility in SSB4, and I don't see why they wouldn't use it.

When you get a golden ticket, you meet Willy Wonka.
When you meet Willy Wonka, you find out he's condescending.
When you find out he's condescending, he makes you angry.
When he makes you angry, you drink his soda.
When you drink his soda, he yells at you.
When he yells at you, you lose.
Don't lose, instead, switch to DirecTV.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 pm

1056kirby wrote:
DLC was already announced for the 3DS. If you look under save files in options you can find a catagory for DLC (add-on content). It was also announced that some games that already exist in Japan will have DLC, although I can't remember which ones. DLC is a BIG possibility in SSB4, and I don't see why they wouldn't use it.

Because they may or may not see a need for DLC, if the game is content heavy enough.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
1056kirby wrote:

Because they may or may not see a need for DLC, if the game is content heavy enough.

^This.
I hope we get lucky and get DLC and heavy content in SSB4, even though it's highly unlikely.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

Doubt it since SSB was always an easy game to break.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am
YIM

Zoo wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

Doubt it since SSB was always an easy game to break.

You never know, SSB4 might be the Smash game that changes that...

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 am

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
Apple Engi wrote:
Dark Void wrote:
Nextoy wrote:
Dark Void wrote:
TheCarlosFighter wrote:
UltimateBrawl wrote:
But really, who else thinks Waluigi would be a good idea?

Possibly, IMO he'd be a good idea. But I wonder what his moveset would be? he wasn't in much mario games though.

If Waluigi was in, I think he would be an AT.
However, if he was a playable character, I'm clueless on his moveset.

Well someone's about half way done making him on the expansion forums, so we can only assume that his version has a chance of making it

I guess all we can do is hope...
What does everyone think about DLC in SSB4?
Extra characters, items, stages, etc.

Nah. I mean, it's a good idea, but I don't think it should happen.

Also, Mario Strikers Charged can make a moveset for Waluigi.

Frog E. wrote:
Personally, I would like to see Kirby having more of his attacks from other abilities.

Then he'd be too dependent on them. It's good enough that he can have the powers of four different abilities (Fighter, Stone, Hammer, Cutter). If anything, it should be the Final Smash that gets changed.

Yeah. Let's face it, Cook pwns in the Kirby games, but is literally AWFUL in Smash Bros. Maybe... IDK, actually.

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Dark Void wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
1056kirby wrote:

^This.
I hope we get lucky and get DLC and heavy content in SSB4, even though it's highly unlikely.

Hell no. If we are going to get DLC, it'll probably be only costumes, music, and stages. No new characters or anything like that.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:44 pm

I hope Ninty gives us an option of putting our own music in the game, through the SD card or something.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm
 [ 19337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 1290  Next