The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:37 pm

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
MG Mini Mafia 12: RPGMafia(Day 1: One Replacement Needed) 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
MG Mini Mafia 12: RPGMafia

A gloriously experimental game by Terra and JC.

This is our newest creation: RPGMafia. We thought, what if mafia could be like an RPG, with classes, and skill points, and all that stuff?

Well, we now know. This setup is for eight players, and I have sent out invitations prior to my departure, so if you have an invitation, confirm it here. You will have prior acceptance over everyone else.

Playerlist
1)TOWK-QT
2)Lucina-QT
3)Brik-QT
4)DJ-QT
5)Geno-QT
6)Arthur-QT
7)Axel-PM
8)Pachino-QT

A question mark indicates someone I have sent an invitation to: apologies if I forgot anyone. If you have received an invitation and do not have a question mark here and want to join, resend my invitation message to me.
Bolded indicates a confirmed invitation.

Replacements

So here's how this game works: there are four classes, and there are two sub-classes for each class. Class introductions are here:
Warrior: show
Warrior:
The warriors are sword-and-lance-wielding clansmen whose loyalty far exceeds their sense of humor. Over time, like any other clan, they have separated into two sides:
The Knights and the Swordsmasters. They differ in many ways, but the most obvious one is the difference in the armor they wear, and, as a result, their speed. The Knights are very heavily-armored, able to take many blows without a single scratch, and hit very hard, often skewering five enemies on their spears at once. The Swordmasters are not as durable, though they are as swift as the wind and are able to land many hits on the enemy before they can even land one.

Archer: show
Archer:
The archers are the bane of any slow enemy. Their beautiful forged bows are the envy of all of the land, as it’s undeniable that they are among the most creative and precise people. The archers generally specialize in one of two styles: the peaceful hunter, who lays in wait patiently for his enemy and then traps them, often shooting arrows with such blinding speed that it appears that the sun is being blocked out by their shots, which led to the term “Arrow Rain”. The crossbowmen, meanwhile, shoot bolts that pierce through armor like a newly-forged katana through melting butter, often catching at least ten people before the arrow finally falls.

Mage: show
Mage:
The magicians are the wildcards. No one knows what spell a magician might have prepared, and many a battle has been won by just a single spell. The magicians are generally split into two styles: the white mage, a cleric specializing in the healing of others, being able to resurrect the dead, grant angelic blessings to others, and blind and angelicly curse all they think is evil(which they think is everyone but that’s besides the point) The dark mage, who focuses on causing chaos and destruction to everything, is among the most notorious destroyers of the land, being said to be able to send meteors on the earth just by lifting a finger.

Thief: show
Thief:
The thieves are the infamous outlaws of the land. They hide in the shadows, accepting all who have no respect for life whatsoever into their clan. They have since equally split into two deadly styles: the poisonous assassin and the debilitating ninja. Both are quite the same, with the exception that the assassins are more adept at killing, and the ninja are more proficient in being stealthy and dangerous. You have to be careful if working with rogues as you should already know who has got your back.... and who wants to stab a knife into it.

This game starts in night with a draft that works like so:
1)You pick a number between 1 to 10.
2)Lowest number wins, unless it is a tie, in which case you will be pushed further back.

For example, say I choose 1, TOWK chooses 1, Geno chooses 1, 194 choose 2, DJ chooses 2 and Axel chooses 9. Axel will get first pick, followed by a toss-up between 194 and DJ for first pick of theirs, followed by a three-way toss-up between TOWK, myself and Geno for first pick and whatever. Once this draft is done, then send me a form in this format indicating which class you will like.
Class Preference: show
1)
2)
3)
4)

I'll randomize alignments, distribute roles, and then send out skill points(this is why I wanted a QT: it's a lot of stuff, notwithstanding the other things I'm sending).

We will have skills given out on the first night, and you'll get skill points to assign to yourself. There will be job advancements, which are the equivalent of level ups, predetermined on certain nights, which are the only opportunity for you to get extra Skill Points and other skills.

As I really don't like having to PM everyone, I'm requesting for everyone to set up a QT for mod communications.

By signing up for this game, you agree to this statement:
I have joined this game in full knowledge that it is still experimental, and that it could be unbalanced. I am aware that Terra and JC have made every single reasonable effort to balance the game, but cannot guarantee anything.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Last edited by Terra on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:27 am, edited 16 times in total.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
/in

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
In, but do I really have to set up a QT? PMing can't be that big of a burden

AMA

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:05 pm

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
In, but do I really have to set up a QT? PMing can't be that big of a burden

You have no idea what I plan to do. There's a lot of stuff I have to send you, but if everyone doesn't want it, I'm striking out that rule.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm

I honestly don't like it Terra. Sorry, but I have a lot of QTs already, I cant deal with another one.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I will knock you all down!

I'm fine with the quicktopic. I would prefer it, actually.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Might sign up for this. I dunno yet though.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Pachino wrote:
Might sign up for this. I dunno yet though.

I appreciate your interest, but please either confirm/deny your participation as soon as possible.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Confirming my participation.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Lucina wrote:
Confirming my participation.

OP updated. Brik, Lucina, TOWK and Axel all have their spots!

If the other three invitations don't respond in 24 hours then I'll open their slots to the public.

Also, when you confirm, please state whether you would like mod communications to be through a QT or not, thanks.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 am
SSF2 Developer

I really like the idea, but I think I'm going to pass, with my currently playing another Mafia game and all.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
moi

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:28 am

Yeah, I'll use a quick topic.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:34 am

No Qt for me, I want Pms. Thanks

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 am

Dr.Geno wrote:
moi

Qt or PMs?

I'll keep a record of who wants what in the OP, and added Geno and removed 135.

EDIT: OP updated-cleaned up a lot of things, changed the draft system to make things clearer, and made a few minor edits.

Setting up QTs for Luc and Brik right now: you should receive them shortly.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:43 am
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next