The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Naruto Uzumaki 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Naruto specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Looks like some of my boy's main annoying stuff (which I was definitely guilty of abusing) has been nerfed a bit, thank god. Really disappointed by the power of a non fully charged regular though, it has literally no kill potential. He seems nerfed overall? I don't mind this as long as its nerfing the really annoying parts of going against him, but I don't yet see any compensation he has received. Probably too early to tell.

Tue May 30, 2017 1:15 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
As long as I see two clones from his down special, I will not believe he is any less annoying XD

Tue May 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Why is Rasenshruiken a lot worse than uncharged Rasengan?

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:05 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Naruto seems he got the nerf hammer HARD. I don't think the camping style is as viable as in v0.9b any more.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 pm

I feel like it's just me but I don't feel like Naruto has gotten any nerfs other than on his Rasenshruiken.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
No joke, I think Naruto is actually much, much stronger in this version. Some things are certainly weaker, but he got compensated in ways that matter a whole lot.

Here are some things I've noticed so far. I haven't done side-by-side comparisons with v0.9b, but I mained Naruto back then so I'll trust my gut for the time being.

– Side B now has a period of "invisible endlag" during which one can perform any action other than a second side B.
– Side B comes out a teeny bit slower (I think) and doesn't cover quite as much space.
– Rasenshuriken's stun hitbox is smaller and doesn't last as long.
– Rasenshuriken is a little bit weaker.
– Rasenshuriken has now has "lol i missed pls end me" endlag, so it's a lot like a chargeable Rest in terms of match dynamic.
– Rasenshuriken is multihit so it might be possible to SDI out of it. Haven't tested it yet.
– Ftilt feels like it has more endlag.
– Dspecial uppercut clones come out slower. I think Naruto's own animation also takes longer, otherwise this would be a stealth bufftweak.
– Uppercut clones are much weaker. No more fishing for cheese kills with grounded down B spam.
– Uppercut clones spawn closer to Naruto. That kind of sucks. Oh well. Move is still ok for low-percent combos, but overall much more situational.
– Up B clone duration is only ~5 seconds. Can still be handy, but much more of a niche setup tool now than the silly stage control behemoth that it was before.
– Up B has landing lag. Not too much, but definitely noticeable.
– Dtilt is weaker.

+ Dair animation is much shorter, you can do it off-stage and live. Not the most important buff, but great quality of life change.
+ I think Dair slides off platforms with greater ease now, which makes Naruto's movement super slick.
+ Nair feels even better somehow. I think strong Nair might be stronger, weak Nair as well, but neither is too strong at low percents. The hitbox feels better as well. Allows for amazing combos.
+ Rasengan endlag is shorter I think.
+ Uncharged Rasengan is bigger, so the move no longer requires any charge to be a cool combo tool / kill confirm.
+ Rasengan's knockback has been greatly reduced, they basically just sit there at the end waiting to be hit. This may seem like a nerf at first glance but it's actually a super buff because you don't have to estimate how much knockback they're going to take, they just pop out the same pretty much regardless of percent or charge. It's especially awesome because...
+++ Bair is a real kill move now! And also even better for combos. Wow. I love this move. This is going to help in every matchup, and it will be especially great against floaties like Zelda that Naruto could struggle to kill once they exited combo percent. He can edgeguard characters with good recoveries for real now!
+ Side B is weaker and sends at a lower angle. My oh my. This is another change that seems like a nerf but is actually a crazy buff. Clone Throw is now a projectile that either forces the opponent to tech or DI up for a juicy punish. It's soooooooo good.
+ Up B is better, I'm almost sure of it. I think it sweetspots more easily, and it might even go a tiny bit higher. I think the uppercut and the kick are both a bit stronger.
+ Dthrow is faster. I would imagine that no one can SDI out of it anymore, but even if some characters still could they probably couldn't get out of the way of the way quickly enough.

+/– Utilt has stronger base knockback and more knockback growth. No longer confirms into grab on most characters, unfortunately. This is actually fine, however, because all it means is you hit confirm midweights and floaties with one Utilt instead of two, and now fastfallers don't get to land when you hit them at zero. Fox beware, Naruto's punish game on you just got even more disgusting.
+/– Fthrow has stronger base knockback and higher knockback growth. Still a great combo tool, but no longer a chain grab in as many situations. Now serves as a positioning throw at high percents. Good change I think.

Also, dash attack is still nuts. Pretty cool that he got to keep one of the things that made him so scary while now being forced to use it to lead into more creative combos. I like.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
waaaaaaat?? I was fine with his stage control with up b before! why did it have to be nerfed? I never liked naruto but that seems too harsh

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I really don't mind it, actually. One can still use it for edgeguarding setups, but you don't get half a minute of stage control for having pressed up B. Much more fair and interesting in my opinion.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am

MGN Username: Qui-Gon1138
Waifu: Mikleo, George Lucas
Like the new Naruto but something has always been bothering me...

Why not make his moveset less kid Naruto and more "shipuuden" Naruto? Maybe something like Sage mode?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:03 pm
BR Member

Rasenshuriken now disappears after hitting one character. Probably more important in casual than in competitive play, but still...

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 pm

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
I dislike the nerfs but if it will stop noncompetitive naruto mains from going online and using side-b the whole match then i guess i can live with it cause i really liked naruto. But he still is manageable and a ninja :naruto:

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 pm

MGN Username: KingYoyo
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta
Waifu: Cleod9
Midi Analysis wrote:
Like the new Naruto but something has always been bothering me...

Why not make his moveset less kid Naruto and more "shipuuden" Naruto? Maybe something like Sage mode?

We'll just have to wait and see if they changed Naruto's Final Form from Kyuubi Naruto to Sage Mode Naruto. They've already got Sage Mode Naruto as a win animation so why no just go the whole way and make it into his new Final Form?

Mains: ImageImage Image
Secondaries: ImageImage

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:35 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Naruto is actually so fun in this game.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:33 am

I just hate his smashes, it has one of the shortest ranges of all smashes, especially up smash.

His smashes need a change, except for his forward smashes, his f smashes are fine as it is.

The rest: :naruto: :sonic: :gameandwatch:

>tfw you main low tiers

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:43 am
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next