The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
Samus 
BR Member

Why cant i bomb jump :(((

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 pm

:evil: i think samus is a bit too slow... may be just me... other than her bomb (which is quite strange for two reasons... 1) it can be destroyed [i didn't really like the new feature but i hope it will serve some form of purpose] and 2) its a strange look... a pink-yellow bomb of sorts... it isn't lovely.) she is fine...
/:|

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
maxcrash99 wrote:
:evil: i think samus is a bit too slow... may be just me... other than her bomb (which is quite strange for two reasons... 1) it can be destroyed [i didn't really like the new feature but i hope it will serve some form of purpose] and 2) its a strange look... a pink-yellow bomb of sorts... it isn't lovely.) she is fine...
/:|

The bombs are from Super Metroid. Fits very well because her sprites are from Super Metroid as well. But her speed... I dont think she needs a good dash speed, but I really miss her great air. Characters have either good air spped and bad air mobility or the other way round. The only exceptions I can think of are Puff in a good way and Samus in a bad one. And now she lost even more kill power, which I dont understand at all. She had problems getting a kill before, and now, I struggle to KO Jigglypuff on Stadium 3 with 125%. Yeah, maybe Im salty, but I really lost fun in playing Samus. Especially because my playstyle is mostly air-focused. :-/

Another thing, why the hell is there no smash game that allows you to charge your charge beam whilst moving? I mean, Mega Man can. Take this away from him, and he uses some nice options. I dunno, I just have the feeling that I want Samus to feel more like in a Metroid game. I already heard of a Power Bomb meter, it could work like Wario Waft but without the recovery. Would this be too OP or am I having a good idea for once?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:06 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Mega Man's Mega Buster is worse than Samus's Charge Shot, and Samus has a ton of other tools for keeping people out. Now she has to work pretty hard to get it fully charged, so you have to play smarter and have a more difficult time camping.
In general, while I certainly see that Samus isn't as fun anymore, Samus was really annoying to play last patch. Her Bombs were really good counters to approaches and provided a quick getaway option that was hard to avoid, she had crazy air speed that meant she could run away fairly easily, and she had good projectiles. She wrecked a lot of the characters in the game that simply could never approach her (DK vs Samus was one of the saddest matchups last demo). While I think they definitely may have taken away a little too much, I think her design overall is better this demo.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm
BR Member

The fact that samus destroyed who was possibly the most broken character in the game is kinda rediculous.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Mega Man's Mega Buster is worse than Samus's Charge Shot, and Samus has a ton of other tools for keeping people out. Now she has to work pretty hard to get it fully charged, so you have to play smarter and have a more difficult time camping.
In general, while I certainly see that Samus isn't as fun anymore, Samus was really annoying to play last patch. Her Bombs were really good counters to approaches and provided a quick getaway option that was hard to avoid, she had crazy air speed that meant she could run away fairly easily, and she had good projectiles. She wrecked a lot of the characters in the game that simply could never approach her (DK vs Samus was one of the saddest matchups last demo). While I think they definitely may have taken away a little too much, I think her design overall is better this demo.

Yeah, guess youre right. I just dont know... I think she got a bit too much nerfed. Giving her such bad kill power was her main problem in Brawl, and here its the same. Missiles, Zair, small Charge Shots and hope they dont get in; at least it feels that way for me. Before, I could always throw in a random airial. I understand the point of her air mobility and speed being very annoing, but at least give her something to kill. One point I dont understand is, isnt the charge faster than before? Just asking, but the orb thing got smaller, or am I imaging things?

To the point of Samus wrecking DK: Yeah, pretty funny. But he had at least some awful matchups, which he doesnt need anymore.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Skailler wrote:
The bombs are from Super Metroid. Fits very well because her sprites are from Super Metroid as well.

Samus' sprites are custom........

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 pm
BR Member

Zapperrix wrote:
Skailler wrote:
The bombs are from Super Metroid. Fits very well because her sprites are from Super Metroid as well.

Samus' sprites are custom........

Arent they edited from super metroid tho?

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

No. Serious question, how long have you played Super Metroid? Cause after 5 minutes of play you can tell that the frames of animation are very different between Samus form Super Metroid and Samus from SSF2. They may have based their spriting for Samus off of Super Metroid (no proof for this statement at all), but hers sprites aren't ripped or edited, they are custom.

Btw, if you haven't played Super Metroid, you should. Really good game.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 pm
BR Member

Zapperrix wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

No. Serious question, how long have you played Super Metroid? Cause after 5 minutes of play you can tell that the frames of animation are very different between Samus form Super Metroid and Samus from SSF2. They may have based their spriting for Samus off of Super Metroid (no proof for this statement at all), but hers sprites aren't ripped or edited, they are custom.

I have played it, but its been several years so i dont really know what im talking about lol.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:05 pm
BR Member

Zapperrix wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

The sprtites are inspired by Super Metroid, my mistake here. I have played Super Metroid, but dropped it after a while because I didnt like it. I dont know why, but even Other M is more fun for me. Hate me if you want, but thats my opinion.

And Fedora, Bomb Jumping is still possible, just worse.

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 am
BR Member

Skailler wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

The sprtites are inspired by Super Metroid, my mistake here. I have played Super Metroid, but dropped it after a while because I dindnt like it. I dont know why, but I even Other M is more fun for me. Hate me if you want, but thats my opinion.

I can never pull it off when trying to recover. It seems like the bomb wont affect you while you are in the animation of dropping a bomb. Lame lol.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:38 am
BR Member

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Skailler wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

The sprtites are inspired by Super Metroid, my mistake here. I have played Super Metroid, but dropped it after a while because I dindnt like it. I dont know why, but I even Other M is more fun for me. Hate me if you want, but thats my opinion.

I can never pull it off when trying to recover. It seems like the bomb wont affect you while you are in the animation of dropping a bomb. Lame lol.

It works fine for me, even if Im dropping a bomb. I dont know what Im doing right^^ Anyway, I have the feeling that Missile Cancelling got much harder with a homing missile. I think they now have more startup than before, but why not the Super Missiles instead? And (I know, this will never happen, just asking) is there any possibility to give Samus her Relentless Missiles from Smash 4?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:36 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Just mash down-b to get the bomb jump. You lose a fair amount of height compared to past demos but oh well I guess.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Samus fulfills a niche that we didn't have before - a zoning character. She also now can't press downB any time she's threatened or throw out any aerial she wants to and be completely fine.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:03 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next