The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Complaint - 3D Animations in Signatures 

-Medevenx- wrote:
Curly Brace wrote:
BONK!=40 frames
Spy killing Medic=80
half the frames

Nobody cares. Nobody even knows what that is. Nobody likes it. Nobody is watching. Everybody is experiencing LAG.

Actually, you care. You should know if your complaining. I like it. Actually I saw it, you did, lots of people did. I'm not experiencing lag, your computer is s***.

find your solution here: show
Stop complaining

Thu May 28, 2009 2:45 pm

So for the people cannot afford a high quality computer or connection have to suffer because you don't want to find a solution? How is this fair?

BTW I am one of those who are experiencing lag, not just him you know, there are other people in the world with problems. Idea section is here to fix some of those, in case you forgot.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:
Curly Brace wrote:
BONK!=40 frames
Spy killing Medic=80
half the frames

Nobody cares. Nobody even knows what that is. Nobody likes it. Nobody is watching. Everybody is experiencing LAG.

That's retarded. That's like saying that we shouldn't have signatures at all..
I don't like some signatures but that doesn't meant they should remove them..
It's there signature.. Not yours.

Patrick wrote:
SUPAH MECHA SONIC FOR SSF2!!! :headbang: :headbang:

If tson needs to stfu, put this in your sig.

Thu May 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Before this goes in to a vicious cycle, let me remind you, that the lag problem is probably all about your ISP as most contemporary computers are fast enough to run frame by frame GIF animations without freezing up. I doubt it has to do with hardware unless something is really eating up your RAM, which is either a result of a malicious process or bad memory management. Still not satisfied? Then make a thread in the General Electronics section and hopefully many people will give you reasonable suggestions as to how to squeeze more juice out of said computer.

Thu May 28, 2009 5:19 pm

My internet connection is fast. But seeing it load up every single time makes it lag. That's just crazy. Those kinds of useless sigs are the only ones to be removed.

Thu May 28, 2009 8:58 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
-Medevenx- wrote:
My internet connection is fast. But seeing it load up every single time makes it lag. That's just crazy. Those kinds of useless sigs are the only ones to be removed.

No. Shut up.

Shut. Up.

It is loaded ONE TIME. NOT 4. NOT 5. Not 1000000000000000000. ONE TIME.

All of the other times will be instant because it will already be loaded in the cache.

So for short, QUIT WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

You do NOT need for the spinny thing to stop spinning for the page to be ready to surf. Get over yourself, jeez.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:12 pm
Site Admin

[TSON] wrote:
If you have browser cache enabled, yes. If you don't, it's loaded to RAM or Video Card memory.

Ok, I can handle that

And guys stop arguing. I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up until now. I think there are plenty of sites that allow heavy sigs like this. The only way to moderate that would be to tell them manually to remove it (or lower the frames). Our best bet would be some sort of size limit on animated images in the sig.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
There's nothing wrong with them, and they have no effect on anyone's browsing experience. The OP is just a crybaby.

I just tried it on my Windows 95 machine with 60 MB of RAM @ 1 MHZ, and it didn't lag. If your computer lags, and that POS didn't, you're being nitpicky or you need a refund.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:48 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:

Solution:
Remove useless tags, 3-5 will remain

I hate twelve year olds, made me remove the Spy's exploding head
-Curly Brace

Thu May 28, 2009 9:51 pm

OP isn't "crying" if you were serious and not sarcasm. He has chosen to debate not to have such a signature on the forum. If anything, you guys are the ones complaining about his point of argument. Every debate usually has a PRO-CON situation, if you guys are PRO-20+frame Sig, don't go all bias here. He, whom has a computer that lags, does not wish to see the images constantly loaded.

On the same page? If he doesn't want to see them, don't tell him to disable in the UCP because he wants to see the signiture, just not the animated 20+ frames. Also, CB, by stating in your sig that a 12 year old, whose antecedent is OP, is quite disrespectful. Not only that, but you add another lagged up image (to me at least, his CPU might run better than mine; probably too). Before you guys start to flame me as well as OP, I suggest you calm down and try to see his view point.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Thu May 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
@German: Well, you've to admit that OP was very flammy to begging with, so it's not strange that people acted on a trolly way towards him.

On this cases, where bias affects the points of view of people -and there is no neutral answer-, all we can do is choose the thing that will be useful for most people. It's calling choosing the "lesser evil".
Having in mind today's internet power, computers that lag with a simple image are strange. Therefore, it should not be prohibited to have one of those (unless he is making something excessive, like having a 40 fps gift).

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Thu May 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Curly Brace wrote:
Removed my sig
HAPPY NAO?

Just like at this childish behavior. He removed it but he put up another animation. If Curly Brace and baconpizzapie have 2 consecutive posts, the scroll function of my IE, will lag terribly. Another fact is the image is LARGE in scale. Some other good forums have both a size limit in file and scale.

Thu May 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Because this is a 13 year old forum and for matured people they should take the gore.
At Med, get Firefox its better than IE

I hate twelve year olds, made me remove the Spy's exploding head
-Curly Brace

Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Curly Brace wrote:
Because this is a 13 year old forum and for matured people they should take the gore.
At Med, get Firefox its better than IE

Is that how low you think of the forum? Not because you are younger than that doesn't mean that you can behave immaturely. Plus, some people here are actually in college, high school.

Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 am

Naw, really? Med, you're like, the only person complaining. Get FireFox, get AdBlock, you're fine. And since when does one-two gif(s) slow down your computer? Only two people have "3-D" animations.

Fri May 29, 2009 8:37 am
 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next