The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
Sora 

Short hop, almost immediate Side-b, aim towards ground to sort of wavedash. Haven't messed around much in an actual match situation, but I suppose it can be useful for approaching, spacing and whatnot.

Overall, as a new player, I like Sora because of his comboing ability, and his side-b is nothing short of amazing (although a misfire can be very costly). Thunder (down-b) can be used to turn around and/or stall in mid-air (I've seen some excellent use of it in the recent tournament). I tend to spam f-air a bit too much, but I'd consider that his main attack, really. Comboing ability and can KO at high %s. His other aerials are also quite decent overall, and the fact than he can still aerial after up-b definitely has a lot of appeal.

As for ground moves, d-tilt, jab combo, his smashes depending on the situation... Good material. You can edgeguard with neutral b I guess, and the knockback would allow you to combo. Throw in dash attacks here and there but be wary of the lag. And of course, grabs.

All around, pretty enjoyable, very capable and feels comfortable to play.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
I really love Sora's combo ability. But, he can fight without it. Anyone else doing that?

ImageImage

Link!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:50 am
YIM

Shocker14 wrote:
I really love Sora's combo ability. But, he can fight without it. Anyone else doing that?

Comboing fits my playstyle more, but Sora's individual-attack damage output coupled with some well-placed f-smashes is something one can work with as well.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 am

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
anybody tried comboing flowmotion when pointing up then using the strike raid or thunder then U-Smash? i find it a nice mini combo

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:22 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: pokemon x, gta 5
Does anyone know if you can DI out of strike raid??

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 pm

MGN Username: Claxus
Currently Playing: Mechs
You can... If you're at around its maximum range to about its sweetspot, you can DI away or upwards (must react quick though). If you're far away enough, you don't even have to DI, the attack itself just pushes you away. If you're around its middle, I don't think you can DI out of the attack, but you can still DI away from its final pull to make it very hard for Sora to follow up. If you're closer to him when he uses it, you can DI towards him.

Love the new utility, I like the idea of Strike Raid reeling in enemies, but I'm not liking the execution much. I feel it helped Sora more to have a controlled poking projectile kind of like Pit's arrows in Brawl, and you could loop it around you for extra range and off-stage attacks. Now it's use is very concrete, slightly shorter range I think(?), and non-cancelable with a very long animation that makes him immobile and thus extremely punishable.

Especially with flowmotion now, which is faster, has much more range, has much more versatility in combo starting, and is even safe on block, heck, it punishes blocks with unblockable grabs/attacks in its followups.

Actually, is that intentional? I noticed some weird mechanics when flowmotion hits a blocking player. Mash Down-B after hitting a guard, and Sora will do an attack loop forever until it eventually breaks their guard (they can't even roll or stop shielding or anything, so it kinda guarantees a guard break), or you just cancel into one of his other flowmotion follow-ups. Up-B also does the weird loop, but temporarily, until it rises high enough and hits as an unblockable. His other follow-ups are all unblockable.

And, I noticed his back throw (freeze) no longer works for any combo, an opponent can mash out of the ice before your throw animation is even finished.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 am

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
I freaking love sora now. Flowmotion is an amazing tool for combos. His speed is good as well. I feel that he can play a rather lame game as well due and still get in some combos. I haven't really been playing for that much, so my opinions may change.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:02 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Most retarded character in the game.

YouTube Video:

There's probably some trick to do this consisently on shield. . .

Buuuut I hate Sora too much to bother figuring-it-out.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhorGkFUEq4 ]

SORA FOR S-TIER

Seriously, what was that? Was MK locked in his shield? Thats crazy, Sora somehow has incredible shield pressure.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
That happened to me when I was facing Equinox's Sora.

If anyone can pull it off consistently, Sora is far and away S-Tier

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:52 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Starkiller2 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhorGkFUEq4 ]

SORA FOR S-TIER

Seriously, what was that? Was MK locked in his shield? Thats crazy, Sora somehow has incredible shield pressure.

It's flowmotion-down but the other player can just shield DI out of it. Neat trick though.

Edit: Just tested some more, you can punish the end lag too if you DI behind Sora.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:55 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
actually so long as you hold down any direction it locks you in the flomotion move depending on the direction. like to lock it in down flowmotion just hold down, up for up and so on and so forth.

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 am
YIM

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
What do you think 'counters' Sora the most.

Just wondering as people think it has amazing power...

ImageImage

Link!

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 am
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
yoshikid wrote:
actually so long as you hold down any direction it locks you in the flomotion move depending on the direction. like to lock it in down flowmotion just hold down, up for up and so on and so forth.

According to my tests (which might be inaccurate but I did the best I could with only one human)

Flowmotion-neutral goes through shields. (the grabbing part at least)
Flowmotion-forward will loop but only once before Sora is too high.
Flowmotion-back also goes through shields.
Flowmotion-Up will loop but only 5-7 times before Sora is too high.
Flowmotion-Down is the one in Zalo's video and the only one that could break a healthy shield because it will loop as long as the other player's shield stays there.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:14 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
....this does not make Sora S tier. but it needs to go ...it looks terrible.

GM

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:08 am
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next