The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

Source the Nintendo console he appeared in.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 am

MGN Username: Johnstir
Currently Playing: Super smash flash 2, Team Fortress 2
I would like to say this gal in the attached pic, (Her name is Reimu, Reimu Hakurai), but Idk where to start so...

Attachments:
reimuu.jpg
reimuu.jpg [ 62.54 KiB | Viewed 2274 times ]

Click to expand thumbnail RANDOM SCOUT PIC
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Johnstir2 wrote:
I would like to say this gal in the attached pic, (Her name is Reimu, Reimu Hakurai), but Idk where to start so...

If you don't know where to start then why f*** post?

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm sorry, I'm not an expert!

Attachments:
reimu-hakurei_c_1304591.jpg
reimu-hakurei_c_1304591.jpg [ 52.95 KiB | Viewed 2268 times ]

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
yoh wrote:
Johnstir2 wrote:

If you don't know where to start then why f*** post?

Cool your jets.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:54 pm

:huh: what's your major malfunction @yoh? all I said was "I don't know where to start"!

Attachments:
Rei.jpg2.jpg
Rei.jpg2.jpg [ 12.68 KiB | Viewed 2260 times ]

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:01 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Johnstir2 wrote:
:huh: what's your major malfunction @yoh? all I said was "I don't know where to start"!

All you had to do was make a moveset to start it off.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Johnstir2 wrote:

Lol atleast what nintendo game did Reimu appear on?
What would he specials be?
Also ur usuage of attachments scare me lol xD

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:38 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: Robin via SSB WiiU
waddabout meeee post, anything????

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Sorry guys, I been really busy recently. But let me address a few things:

blackking1700 wrote:
Luffy's Moveset

There he is. I was starting to wonder if someone was ever going to do it.

Starkiller2 wrote:
Black Belt (FF1, SNES)

Seems like a solid character. Personal question: why not just make him a monk?

hICEnberg wrote:
Nathan "Rad" Spencer: Bionic Commando

I like it, but I think N-Spec and S-Spec should be swapped.

Johnstir2 wrote:
Reimu Hakurai

Sorry, but this character does not appear on a Nintendo game.

On a side note, I'm running out of space to put suggested characters in the first post. So there's a chance I might need to reduce the current amount. Which character will stay in the op you may ask? You decide in the poll. Read the character's moveset and vote on who you would like to see as a real fighter.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
hICEnberg wrote:
Nathan "Rad" Spencer: Bionic Commando.

Source Games: Bionic Commando (NES), Bionic Commando (GB) and Bionic Commando: Elite Forces(GBC)

The main character of the famous, yet potentially controversial Bionic Commando series. His gameplay consists of his bionic arm; and the use of explosives and firearms. He is quite a sluggish fighter, but his strength; defense/weight and range compensates for that. The bionic arm is Rad's best friend, it helps him navigate (since he can't jump) and also grab enemies and certain objects. His appearance will be based off of the classic NES title/Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I think he will be a good candidate for the expansions, despite the violent content in his games. (Look at Solid Snake.) Some of his moves, especially his bionic arm should have its iconic 8-bit sounds.

Attributes/Misc:

Entrance: Falls slowly with a parachute and lands on the stage
Weight Class: Heavy
Size: Normal
Walk Speed: Slow
Run Speed: Medium
Jump Height: Medium-Low
Double Jump: Medium
Fall Speed: Slow (If you play the NES game, you will understand)
Fanfare: Stage clear from Bionic Commando

Attacks:

Jab1: Punches with real arm.
Damage: 3- 5%
Knockback: Low

Jab2: Does a hook punch with his bionic arm.
Damage: 5- 7%
Knockback: High

Forward Tilt: Punches with bionic arm.
Damage: 10- 13%
Knockback: Medium-High

Up Tilt: Uppercut.
Damage: 9- 12%
Knockback: Medium

Down Tilt: Plasma Rifle (Bionic Commando: Rearmed) Fires plasma bullets/laser. Deals electric damage. The range is 2/3 of Final Destination

Dash Attack: Kicks with Iron Boots
Damage: 11- 15%

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Fires a shotgun. Deals fire damage.
Damage: 10- 14%

Up Smash: Launches bionic arm directly upwards. (Grappling hook style)
Damage: 11- 14%
Knockback: Low/High (If sweet-spotted)

Down Smash: Swings bionic arm around.
Damage: 12- 18%

Aerials:

Neutral: Green orb surrounds Rad for 1 revolution.
Damage: 2- 3%

Forward: Wide Cannon (Classic NES) Fires 3 bullets simultaneously. One goes Forward-Up; Middle goes Forward and the last bullet goes Forward-Down.
Damage: 3- 5% each.
Knockback: Medium-Low

Back: Punches back with bionic arm.
Damage: 15- 19%

Up: Launches bionic arm up. (Grappling hook style)
Damage: 10- 15

Down: Launches bionic arm down. (Grappling hook style) Meteor smashes.
Damage: 13- 17%

Grabs:

Here, the grab is like Link's grab. Except, the process is much faster (like the NES game). Can also tether recover. Rad uses his bionic arm (grappling hook style) to grab his enemies. One cool thing about it is that he can use it in multiple directions.

Pummel: Punches foe with real arm.
Damage: 3- 4%

Forward: Jaw Breaker (MvC3). Punches (bionic arm) opponent which sends them forward.

Back: Throws foe backwards.
Damage: 7- 11%

Up: Swings foe upwards.

Down: Bionic Bomber (UMvC3). Rad jumps on top and smashes his bionic arm on top on his victim.
Damage: 17- 21%

Specials/B attacks:

Neutral Special- Rocket Launcher (Classic NES)
Description: Fires a powerful projectile that explodes upon contact and deals fire damage. Can only fire one at a time. Has a significant delay time.
Damage: 15- 17%

Side Special- Armor Piercer (MvC3)
Description: Punches with bionic arm, dealing severe damage. Works like Marth's Shield Breaker. Chargeable. Brings Rad forward, depending on the charge of the attack.
Damage: 10- 35%
Knockback: Medium Low- High/OHKO(If sweet-spotted and fully charged)

Up Special- Grappling Hook (Classic NES)
Description: A spring block appears above Rad and he uses the bionic arm to climb there. After reaching to the spring block, Rad will jump off of it. The block will fall after use and deals damage.
Damage: Arm- 3- 5%; Block- 7- 10%
Knockback: Low; Medium Low (Respectively)

Down Special- POW (Classic NES)
Description: Green orb circles around Rad for 10 revolutions. Can hit multiple times. Cannot reflect projectiles and have to wait for one minute for it to work again.
Damage: 2- 3% each. 20- 30% if all hits connect.

Final Smash- Bionic Lancer (MvC3)
Description: Rad traps his foes and throws a POWERFUL punch.
Damage: 90%
Knockback: OHKO
Type: Trapping

How long would it take to get to max charge on his Armor Piercer, and how far does he slide at full charge as well? The most powerful moves in the smash franchise all have some sort of drawback (high startup/endlag, inability to move, low range, etc), and even Falcon Punch and Rest aren't always OHKO moves. I assume that it has comparable charge time to Marth's shieldbreaker, but it also has insane range because it can move him forward.

How wide does the orb circle Rad in his nair and dspec? I didn't know who Spencer was before UMvC3 and I didn't recognize him by your description (I'm very oblivious to him as you can see). Is it large? How long should one revolution take (in terms of seconds or frames)? This is functionality grants Spencer an extremely safe method of attack and counterattack, as it essentially gives him a shield. It may have a one minute cooldown but based on how long a revolution takes, one minute might not be a lot of downtime for the ability. It might be easy to suggest that the move be sped up to compensate, but this reduces the potential for counterplay for the duration of this move (I get hit trying to hit him during this state). Hypothetically, lets say each revolution lasts 2 seconds and the sphere is no larger than Samus' weakest charge shot. This means that when I face my opponent, they have to respect the orb for about a second (while it faces them) and then they only have 1 second to capitalize. Considering that Rad is probably running around and throwing out moves at the same time, the opponent might never get to capitalize during this. So, after this arbitrarily 20 second move, he has to wait a mere 40 seconds to activate the move again, in which case Rad can stay in this powerful state for 1/3 of the match. If the cooldown applies after the move completes, then for every minute he gets 20 seconds. In 8 minutes, he can spend 2 minutes of the match at most in this state. Need I also point out that he cannot be grabbed, the orb will surely hit his opponent if they do so and if he whiffs a grab he won't get punished easily. On the other hand, if we lower its revolution speed to 1 second, he is safer during the move because it returns in front of him faster. In this case, it is shorter in length, coming down to only 10 seconds (resulting in either 1/6th of the match being super safe or 1:20 of 8 minutes). This situation is obviously better because it offers less time to Rad and more opportunity for his opponents, plus now that it doesn't last as long he may decide to spare it instead of spam it.
At least the orb doesn't do much damage, but this means getting grabbed during this move would be very dangerous...

In regards to the aerials that say "Grappling Hook Style," does this mean that if he hits something he gets pulled to them? Or is this to make note of its range? I think that if he hits terrain with this he should snap to it.

Next, have you considered giving him a zair with his grappling hook?

Lastly, as you have stated in the intro to the character, he relies on using his bionic arm for movement because he cannot jump in his series. To see this referenced more in his style, I suggest:
_Move Armour Piercer to N-spec (losing his Rocket Launcher)
_New side-spec: Grapple. Rad stops midair to shoot his grapple out. If he hits a wall, he gets pulled to it and hops up gaining some vertical height. If he grapples close enough to the ledge he will grab it and not pop up. Grappling an enemy will stun them while Rad is pulled to them. If Rad misses a midair grapple he will be put into helpless.
_To accommodate for his loss of a projectile, reactivating d-spec while the orb is spinning will send it out in front of Rad (the direction is always in front of him, the height varies based on the position around Rad). If Rad chooses to do this, he must do this within the first 2 revolutions, and he gets 30 seconds off of the dspec cooldown by doing this. The launched projectiles have the same parameters as when they were circling, and going by a 1 second revolution, this means Rad has 2 seconds to make a choice on whether or not to launch the projectile. He has a projectile (less presence, better cooldown), he keeps a toned down defensive ability (high presence, longer cooldown), and there are risks and rewards to choosing either tool.

Sweet character tho, good job!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

@spid3y916
A monk that fights doesn't seem like it fits. Typically, monks preach peace although they do have ways of defending themselves. Their martial arts tend to emphasize spiritual growth rather than combat. My second reason is that I wanted to go with a karate style of fighter, evident in his moveset. Karate is NOT a Chinese martial art, it is a Japanese martial art. Furthermore, (now, this point is controversial) on the Wikipedia page for "Monk," there is not a single mention of Japan, or the Japanese anywhere on the page. The conclusion being that monks are associated with Chinese culture, not Japanese culture. Considering that Black Belt is also a name for the same character, it would seem only logical that I choose Black Belt over Monk based on the background of the character and the distinction I am drawing.

AND, maybe you want to just have a link that leads to the character post instead of putting the entire moveset in the OP. Way less characters...

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:57 am

Starkiller2 wrote:
hICEnberg wrote:
Nathan "Rad" Spencer: Bionic Commando.

Source Games: Bionic Commando (NES), Bionic Commando (GB) and Bionic Commando: Elite Forces(GBC)

The main character of the famous, yet potentially controversial Bionic Commando series. His gameplay consists of his bionic arm; and the use of explosives and firearms. He is quite a sluggish fighter, but his strength; defense/weight and range compensates for that. The bionic arm is Rad's best friend, it helps him navigate (since he can't jump) and also grab enemies and certain objects. His appearance will be based off of the classic NES title/Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I think he will be a good candidate for the expansions, despite the violent content in his games. (Look at Solid Snake.) Some of his moves, especially his bionic arm should have its iconic 8-bit sounds.

Attributes/Misc:

Entrance: Falls slowly with a parachute and lands on the stage
Weight Class: Heavy
Size: Normal
Run Speed: Medium
Jump Height: Medium-Low
Fall Speed: Slow (If you play the NES game, you will understand)
Fanfare: Stage clear from Bionic Commando

Attacks:

Jab1: Punches with real arm.
Damage: 3- 5%

Jab2: Does a hook punch with his bionic arm.

Forward Tilt: Punches with bionic arm.

Up Tilt: Uppercut.
Damage: 9- 12%

Down Tilt: Plasma Rifle (Bionic Commando: Rearmed) Fires plasma bullets/laser. Deals electric damage. The range is 2/3 of Final Destination

Dash Attack: Kicks with Iron Boots
Damage: 11- 15%

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Fires a shotgun. Deals fire damage.
Damage: 10- 14%

Up Smash: Launches bionic arm directly upwards. (Grappling hook style)
Damage: 11- 14%
Knockback: Low/High (If sweet-spotted)

Down Smash: Swings bionic arm around.
Damage: 12- 18%

Aerials:

Neutral: Green orb surrounds Rad for 1 revolution.
Damage: 2- 3%

Forward: Wide Cannon (Classic NES) Fires 3 bullets simultaneously. One goes Forward-Up; Middle goes Forward and the last bullet goes Forward-Down.
Damage: 3- 5% each.
Knockback: Medium-Low

Back: Punches back with bionic arm.

Up: Launches bionic arm up. (Grappling hook style)
Damage: 10- 15

Down: Launches bionic arm down. (Grappling hook style) Meteor smashes.
Damage: 13- 17%

Grabs:

Here, the grab is like Link's grab. Except, the process is much faster (like the NES game). Can also tether recover. Rad uses his bionic arm (grappling hook style) to grab his enemies. One cool thing about it is that he can use it in multiple directions.

Pummel: Punches foe with real arm.
Damage: 3- 4%

Forward: Jaw Breaker (MvC3). Punches (bionic arm) opponent which sends them forward.

Back: Throws foe backwards.
Damage: 7- 11%

Up: Swings foe upwards.

Down: Bionic Bomber (UMvC3). Rad jumps on top and smashes his bionic arm on top on his victim.
Damage: 17- 21%

Specials/B attacks:

Neutral Special- Rocket Launcher (Classic NES)
Description: Fires a powerful projectile that explodes upon contact and deals fire damage. Can only fire one at a time. Has a significant delay time.
Damage: 15- 17%

Side Special- Armor Piercer (MvC3)
Description: Punches with bionic arm, dealing severe damage. Works like Marth's Shield Breaker. Chargeable. Brings Rad forward, depending on the charge of the attack.
Damage: 10- 35%
Knockback: Medium Low- High/OHKO(If sweet-spotted and fully charged)

Up Special- Grappling Hook (Classic NES)
Description: A spring block appears above Rad and he uses the bionic arm to climb there. After reaching to the spring block, Rad will jump off of it. The block will fall after use and deals damage.
Damage: Arm- 3- 5%; Block- 7- 10%
Knockback: Low; Medium Low (Respectively)

Down Special- POW (Classic NES)
Description: Green orb circles around Rad for 10 revolutions. Can hit multiple times. Cannot reflect projectiles and have to wait for one minute for it to work again.
Damage: 2- 3% each. 20- 30% if all hits connect.

Final Smash- Bionic Lancer (MvC3)
Description: Rad traps his foes and throws a POWERFUL punch.
Damage: 90%
Knockback: OHKO
Type: Trapping

How long would it take to get to max charge on his Armor Piercer, and how far does he slide at full charge as well? The most powerful moves in the smash franchise all have some sort of drawback (high startup/endlag, inability to move, low range, etc), and even Falcon Punch and Rest aren't always OHKO moves. I assume that it has comparable charge time to Marth's shieldbreaker, but it also has insane range because it can move him forward.

How wide does the orb circle Rad in his nair and dspec? I didn't know who Spencer was before UMvC3 and I didn't recognize him by your description (I'm very oblivious to him as you can see). Is it large? How long should one revolution take (in terms of seconds or frames)? This is functionality grants Spencer an extremely safe method of attack and counterattack, as it essentially gives him a shield. It may have a one minute cooldown but based on how long a revolution takes, one minute might not be a lot of downtime for the ability. It might be easy to suggest that the move be sped up to compensate, but this reduces the potential for counterplay for the duration of this move (I get hit trying to hit him during this state). Hypothetically, lets say each revolution lasts 2 seconds and the sphere is no larger than Samus' weakest charge shot. This means that when I face my opponent, they have to respect the orb for about a second (while it faces them) and then they only have 1 second to capitalize. Considering that Rad is probably running around and throwing out moves at the same time, the opponent might never get to capitalize during this. So, after this arbitrarily 20 second move, he has to wait a mere 40 seconds to activate the move again, in which case Rad can stay in this powerful state for 1/3 of the match. If the cooldown applies after the move completes, then for every minute he gets 20 seconds. In 8 minutes, he can spend 2 minutes of the match at most in this state. Need I also point out that he cannot be grabbed, the orb will surely hit his opponent if they do so and if he whiffs a grab he won't get punished easily. On the other hand, if we lower its revolution speed to 1 second, he is safer during the move because it returns in front of him faster. In this case, it is shorter in length, coming down to only 10 seconds (resulting in either 1/6th of the match being super safe or 1:20 of 8 minutes). This situation is obviously better because it offers less time to Rad and more opportunity for his opponents, plus now that it doesn't last as long he may decide to spare it instead of spam it.
At least the orb doesn't do much damage, but this means getting grabbed during this move would be very dangerous...

In regards to the aerials that say "Grappling Hook Style," does this mean that if he hits something he gets pulled to them? Or is this to make note of its range? I think that if he hits terrain with this he should snap to it.

Next, have you considered giving him a zair with his grappling hook?

Lastly, as you have stated in the intro to the character, he relies on using his bionic arm for movement because he cannot jump in his series. To see this referenced more in his style, I suggest:
_Move Armour Piercer to N-spec (losing his Rocket Launcher)
_New side-spec: Grapple. Rad stops midair to shoot his grapple out. If he hits a wall, he gets pulled to it and hops up gaining some vertical height. If he grapples close enough to the ledge he will grab it and not pop up. Grappling an enemy will stun them while Rad is pulled to them. If Rad misses a midair grapple he will be put into helpless.
_To accommodate for his loss of a projectile, reactivating d-spec while the orb is spinning will send it out in front of Rad (the direction is always in front of him, the height varies based on the position around Rad). If Rad chooses to do this, he must do this within the first 2 revolutions, and he gets 30 seconds off of the dspec cooldown by doing this. The launched projectiles have the same parameters as when they were circling, and going by a 1 second revolution, this means Rad has 2 seconds to make a choice on whether or not to launch the projectile. He has a projectile (less presence, better cooldown), he keeps a toned down defensive ability (high presence, longer cooldown), and there are risks and rewards to choosing either tool.

Sweet character tho, good job!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

@spid3y916
A monk that fights doesn't seem like it fits. Typically, monks preach peace although they do have ways of defending themselves. Their martial arts tend to emphasize spiritual growth rather than combat. My second reason is that I wanted to go with a karate style of fighter, evident in his moveset. Karate is NOT a Chinese martial art, it is a Japanese martial art. Furthermore, (now, this point is controversial) on the Wikipedia page for "Monk," there is not a single mention of Japan, or the Japanese anywhere on the page. The conclusion being that monks are associated with Chinese culture, not Japanese culture. Considering that Black Belt is also a name for the same character, it would seem only logical that I choose Black Belt over Monk based on the background of the character and the distinction I am drawing.

AND, maybe you want to just have a link that leads to the character post instead of putting the entire moveset in the OP. Way less characters...

Now that you mentioned it, I realized how OP his s-spec was. Thanks! I'll take your moveset suggestion in consideration. :smile:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 am

MGN Username: The_Apex
All I have to say is that if any of these characters that are within regulation actually get confirmed, we can totally say we called it.

That, and Simon Belmont or SSF2.

>ZSSamus

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

MGN Username: Tomahawk
Currently Playing: Flash 2, SSB4, Guilty Gear Xrd, video games .......
Im going to be that one guy so yeah

Roxas
Source:Kingdom Hearts 358/ 2 days
Franchise: kingdom Hearts

I'm basing most of his moves from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix so yeah

Attributes
Entrance: Enters through a dark hole
Weight Class: Light-Medium
Run Speed: Fast
Jump height: High
Falling Speed: Slow-Medium

Nuetral
Jab: Continuous Swing, Roxas swings his keyblades back and forth with oath keeper and oblivion and ends with a finishing move
Damage: 3% for each hit and 6-9% for the finishing move

Ftilt: Roxas does a 3 hit combo
Damage: 9-11%

Uptilt: Roxas swings one of his keyblades upward
Damage:7-11%

Dtilt: Roxas thrust out one keyblade
Damage: 7%

Dash Attack: Roxas charged at the opponent forming his Keyblade in an X shape formation
Damage 10-13%

Smashes

Front Smash: Roxas thrust out both of his keyblades
Damage: 10-14%

Up Smash: Roxas point his keyblades in a vertical position and summons a pillar of light
Damage: 12-18%

Down Smash: Roxas Point his Keyblade in a horizontal position and summons a pillar of light on both sides
Damage: 12-16%

Aerials
Nuetral: A simple slash attack
Damage: 5%
knockback: Low

Forward: Roxas slashes his opponent from both sides
Damage: 7-9%
Knockback: Low-Medium

Back: Roxas Slashes his opponent from behind at full force
Damage: 9-11%

Up: Roxas swings his keyblade upward
Damage: 5-7%
knockback: Low

Down: Roxas Swings his Keyblades Downward, also this is could be treated as a spike
Damage: 12-15%

Grabs

Pummel: Slashes the opponent
Damage: 3%

Front: Spot Beam, Roxas summons a beam and then dash forward sending the last to where he should stood
Damage: 14-16%

Back: Roxas throws the opponent behind him and then send the pillar of light towards the opponent
Damage: 13-14%

Up: Aerial Rotation Swing, Roxas throws the opponent up and then closes in on the opponent by jumping in the air and barrel rolling, then flinging himself on to the ground
Damage: 10-12%

Down: Instant Recapture Attack, I know this isn't how the attack works but it sounded cool so Roxas surrounds himself and his opponent in a beam of lights
Damage: 15-18%

Specials/B Attacks:

Nuetral Special: This is projectile where Roxas will summon a pillar of light and target it towards the opponent
Damage:15-17%

Side Special: Dark Power, This is a charged attack where Roxas will teleport behind the opponent and throw his keyblade and perform a series of attacks, the player can choose to just throw the keyblade after the player already transported is done and combo into the opponent
Damage: 15-20%

Down Special: Whirlwind Swing, Roxas twirls his keyblades in a wide cross-circle and charges his keyblades
Damage: 18-21%

Final Smash: Magic Hour

Roxas rises into the air glowing with energy and summons the light beams as a sort of shield which damages opponents near Roxas, then summon pairs of Light Orbs as he twirls both his keyblades to send out homing projectiles all over the stage randomly Koing opponents with a series of projectiles.

This took me some time so let me know what you think.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Alrighty, I have a series of 3 characters that I will introduce! Today I will reveal #1, a character that no one saw coming...

He hails from Nine-Tales Vale, a village on the verge of becoming a ghost town! With his rise to fame, he is responsible for saving the village from desertion! He fights for independence, opposing a merger between Nine-Tails Vale and its rival, Tenma Town!

Defender of the meek, a champion for justice!
He is the one...
THE ONLY...
THE AMAZING NINE TAILS!!!!!!!!!

YouTube Video:

Appeared as a NPC through his alter-ego Damian Tenma in the game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies for the Nintendo 3DS. Although his moveset is not declared explicitly in any part of the game, he is a wrestler. Naturally, his moves tend to be flashy while functional as well. He lacks a lot of the nimble movement typical of characters like Fox (ironically), he stands at 6'4" making him one of the tallest opponents in the SSF2 cast, and he has the physique of the superhuman Mr. Incredible (and canonically almost as tall). As such, he does not rely on long combos to get damage but will want to make correct reads and land powerful punishes with his slower moveset. Get caught in one of his combos, and you can watch your percent hit 100 all too soon.

Physics:
    Size: Tall
    Weight: Heavy
    Fall Speed: Normal. His weight accounts for most of his resilience, and it aids his recovery.
    Run Speed: Normal. He is in the same speed class as Samus/Link
    Jump Height: Normal, like Link's.
    SH: Low, like DK's.
    DJ: Small. He does not have the highest of reaches.
    Special Trick: TANT has a crowd meter, at the bottom of the screen. As he performs certain feats, he gets crowd meter. It is not an indication of performance, it is simply an energy bar.

Neutrals:
    Jab1: A right haymaker.
    Jab2: A left uppercut.
    Dash Attack: A clothesline. TANT gets a small movement boost similar to other dash attacks, and when this connects it sends his opponent behind him at a low angle, but this move does not have a lot of knockback. This move tends to put his opponent on the ground.
    Ftilt: A sloppy front kick, comes out quickly but has noticeable and lag.
    Dtilt: TANT reaches forward to grab both of his opponents feet and sweep them. This is a techable knockdown, although it is not easy to get (think about trying to tech Fox's shine in Melee. It happens but the timing is very small).
    Utilt: TANT performs a backflip, hitting above him in an arc with the lower part of his legs as the swing up. This attack moves him backwards.
    Fsmash: TANT leans back a tad, claps both of his hands together, and swings both of them towards his opponent.
    Dsmash: TANT crouches to charge this move, then hops up and does a body slam on the ground beneath him. His whole body is covered by a hitbox, and he has armour during this move.
    Upsmash: TANT performs a high roundhouse kick (specifically portrayed in his s**** poster on the left side).

Aerials:
    Nair: A simple sex kick, a thrust kick. This does not last as long as other kicks of its kind, but its minimum damage is higher than the minimum damage of its similar moves.
    Fair: Like his fsmash, he puts both hands together and swings in an arc around and in front of him. This move is practically the same as DK's fair, but not nearly as big.
    Dair: TANT sticks his knees out beneath him. The initial hit has better properties than later ones. If he gets the initial hit, his opponent gets meteored. Obviously, this means a grounded opponent gets bounced up. Later hitboxes instead send an opponent away weakly.
    Bair: TANT twists himself horizontal, and sticks an elbow out behind him vertically. This looks like an elbow drop, and landing the lowest part of his elbow will result in a meteor smash, albeit a very weak one. The other trajectories are more upward and away. Turning himself sideways like this allows this move to be used on downed opponents, but it does not reach low enough to hit opponents on the ledge.
    Uair: TANT thrusts his arm up above him in a spearhand.

Specials:
    N-spec: Weapon Get! TANT signals for a weapon to be brought to him. Based on the level of his crowd meter, he gets a different item. If it is <33% full, TANT gets nothing, and merely stands there awkwardly (a question mark appears instead). If 33% <= Crowd < 67%, TANT gets a metal chair as a weapon. It is of the same class as the beam sword, but has more weight when thrown. It breaks instantly upon impact after being thrown. If 67% <= Crowd < 100%, TANT gets a table. It can only be thrown, and when it hits the ground it stops and stands still. During the throw it has good knockback. When it lands, it can be flipped by TANT, where it follows a trajectory like Megaman's bricks. Good for edgeguarding. At 100%, TANT gets access to a ladder. The ladder is wide, and although it can be thrown as a weapon, its alternate use is creating a platform. The ladder is the perfect height for TANT to reach with a full hop, the platform at the top is about the size of Randall the Cloud. Now TANT has extra height, and another avenue of approach. The ladder can be picked up again by either party, and despawns after a time.
    S-spec: Tackle. TANT jumps forward to take down his opponent. The lunge can go through projectiles (not energy based ones), so he can use this to get in and to get his opponent on the ground. Done midair, this move is a suicide dive (both go down, this is inescapable).
    D-spec: Hype! TANT hypes up the crowd. He is vulnerable during the charge, but after doing so he can get crowd meter just by dealing damage to his opponent, percentage done to his opponent goes right into his crowd meter. A powerful ability, it lasts 10 seconds. If he takes damage during this ability, he loses crowd meter on a 1:1 ratio as well. He glows with an orange/white aura during this move, and the charge takes about a second or so. The crowd also cheers when he lands hits. After using this move, he cannot use it for 30 seconds. He also cannot activate this move while it is active.
    U-spec: Rope Jump. A ring-side rope appears, and TANT uses it to jump higher. It functions as a third jump, the height gained is slightly more than his grounded jump. If done on the ground, the rope does not despawn, and may be used by either team as a springboard from above. From the side, it acts like a wall. The rope disappears after 10 seconds. TANT does not go into helpless afterwards, and may aerial immediately after using the move.

Throws:
    Grab: TANT grabs with one hand.
    Pummel: Elbows his opponent.
    Fthrow: TANT grabs his opponent with his other hand and tosses them forward.
    Dthrow: TANT pins his opponent. When he gets up, his opponent remains on the ground.
    Bthrow: TANT lifts his opponent into a Fireman's Carry, then tosses them behind him.
    Uthrow: TANT headbutts his opponent, then throws them into the air.

Taunts:
    Taunt1: TANT flexes his muscles and roars. If you do this move within 5 seconds of an opponent dying, or an opponent dies within 5 seconds of using this taunt, the crowd awards you with 25% crowd meter. Doing this taunt at any other moment will grant 5% meter.
    Taunt2: TANT points and laughs in his deep voice. If you do this after an opponent's shield breaks, the crowd rewards you with 50% meter (note that this automatically gives him weapon level 1). Doing this taunt at any other time grants him 5% meter.
    Taunt3: A fox runs to TANT. He leans down and pets it. It runs off. If you do this move, you get 5% crowd meter.

FINAL SMASH: The Nine-Tails Drill
An announcer calmly observes, "Looks like he's going for it..." while the Amazing Nine-Tails flashes white and runs forward. If he hits, he gets to perform his Finishing move... and the announcer excitedly declares, "He got it!"
The scene changes to a wrestling ring, and TANT runs his opponent into the rope (a part of the initial run). He bounces off first, and he immediately clotheslines his opponent as they bounce off the rope. He climbs onto the rope, bounces 3 times (each bounce makes the crowd count down from 3...2...1...). On the third bounce, he leaps high into the sky, and falls downward, spinning headfirst, onto his opponent. The crowd goes wild!
This move may only hit one person, but all others near the enemy that got hit are launched away as well as the victim.

Gameplay:
The Amazing Nine-Tails is not an acrobat, he is not quick, he is not agile. He is slow, strong, and a very stable fighter. Consider this section like the champion spotlight for LoL.
Firstly, lets talk about his base attributes. TANT has slow ground speed, ranking at one of the slowest fighters. His grounded jump is good, and his short hop is very low. How these work in his combat will be elaborated on later. His second jump, however, is not very good. He does not get a lot of height compared to other double jumps, and this contributes to a poor recovery. He is a heavy character, meaning that he does not fly as far from hits as others would. This increases his survivability, and it allows him to stay closer to the stage even when knocked off. He does not fall that quickly considering his weight, this also helps to lengthen his short recovery. He is also very tall, meaning he has a large hitbox that does not shrink a lot when he crouches (like Samus). He is meant to be a force on the ground, while also pleasing the crowd. His abilities are judged by the crowd, and the results are indicated by his Crowd Meter located at the bottom of the screen. It is not a performance indicator, losing will not cause you to lose meter.

In terms of his combat, TANT excells on the ground. Due to his slow speed, TANT needs to find alternate means of getting strings of hits to rack up damage. The best way is through tech chasing. TANT has no shortage of ways to get his opponents on the ground because of his dtilt, all throws except uthrow at low percents (uthrow, won't except on fastfallers, dthrow always puts them on the ground), and dash attack. His dtilt is going to be his best friend, allowing him to quickly go into techchases and pressure his opponent. Once he gets his opponent on the ground, his aerials suddenly become amazing. With his low short hop, he can easily dair/fair/bair grounded opponents. Getting a sweetspot dair will usually allow him to get another, and then the opponent is back on the ground! While TANT's dair seems the obvious followup, once you get to higher percents dair won't kill but it also won't combo. His bair reaches further than his dair, and because of similar (yet smaller) hitboxes but lower knockback. It even has a meteor hitbox (weak, not very useful at low percents. But at high percents...), allowing the same results to be achieved on a grounded opponent. Fair can be a meteor as well, using this to tech chase is very satisfying. Nair is a sex kick meant to give him a good aerial option in neutral, it doesn't last as long as other characters sex kicks but it is on the stronger end of sex kicks. It also decays at the same rate as similar moves, but since it ends more quickly its weakest frame still has power. Finally, his uair is a long range poke above him, so if your opponent gets above you can still hit them. If he is forced into this spacing game, TANT's best moves are his uair and ftilt. In terms of where his smashes come in to place, they are generally slow finishers. Both upsmash and fsmash have kill power but they are both slow. His most versatile smash is his dsmash, which has armour and can hit around him. This move can be great for punishing predictable rolls because it hits low, and it can devastate reckless approaches because of the armour. The focus of his gameplay is his neutral moves, but his specials have use as well. His N-spec allows him to tap into the power of the crowd, based on his meter he can get a new weapon. The chair is best used as a low power projectile, the table can be used based on the situation as a way to edgeguard or to approach more safely, and the ladder can be a projectile and a platform to give TANT a new way to move around the stage. S-spec is like a command grab, he can even bypass many projectiles with it! D-spec looks like another taunt, but what TANT does is he hypes up the crowd and this gives him lots of extra crowd meter gain. Similar to Goku's Kaioken, he has good rewards while in this state but if he goofs your meter is going to be taking a hit. If there is any time to mount a comeback, it is when this move is active, increasing your reward while risking extra punishment. His upspec is a mediocre height increase, but done on the ground leaves a rope wall. This can be used to increase his own punish game, or this can be turned around on him (because there is a wall to comboed against).

Now, time to talk about his faults. TANT is slow, and because of being large and having no projectiles himself he can struggle against projectile players. His midair jump does not give a lot of height, and his up-spec is no high jump either. Ground-to-ground combat is his best, and his ground-to-air combat is good, but his air-to-air combat is abysmal. Even air-to-ground is bad, although some of his best punishing moves are his aerials. His fair is slow, so he can't rely on it, his bair while reaching far extends his hurtbox with it so it has low priority, and uair/dair only hit above/beneath respectively. Nair is a solid move in both cases, but he can't fly the nairplane all day.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by Starkiller on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next