The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
A New(?) Yoshi Tech (Nothing too drastic) 

MGN Username: 30XX
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB4, Pokemon USUM, and way too many others.
Waifu: No.
So Yoshi is bottom tier yadda, yadda, yadda, but, there's a somewhat difficult thing you can do with Double Jump and Up-B.

Fall down from ledge for a bit, double jump, and when you almost reach the ledge, Up-B. If done and timed perfectly, Yoshi will slide a very short distance quickly, allowing for sliding attacks. This is faster than his normal run. Why is this not drastic? Because: 1. It's difficult to time perfectly, and if you miss and use an attack or airdodge, since you don't have your jump, hope you like losing a stock. Second: The predictable distance. This goes 1/4 of FD, and if your opponent knows that, it can be punished.

To Yoshi mains who want to use this: main a better character Don't be predictable. I would recommend using this once or twice per match while your opponent is at kill percent so you can hit them with a surprise smash attack. Use it more and your opponent will know how to punish it. Once in a while, Up-B but instead of landing on stage, land on ledge so the egg can hit the opponent instead of their punish hitting you. But eh, I'm not a Yoshi main, you guys try this out, see how helpful or terrible it is for you. I'm open to feedback, correct me if you wish. I lock these types of posts after a week of them being up, so act quick. Or don't, I don't care.

Also, I would say sorry for not posting in a while, but 1. No one cares about me, and 2, Mario Oddysey is a good enough excuse.

Edit: Yeah, it's not new. Starkiller posted a video on it and it existed since 0.9b. Well, I guess take this as a note that it still exists.

Last edited by 30XX on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I'm sorry to tell you but this is wrong on both counts.

Yoshi isn't bottom tier anymore, and that tech has been around since 9b. Starkiller made a video on it.

YouTube Video:

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:28 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
I love that you referenced my 9b video about it so that ppl know what's up :pikachu:

OP included a question mark in the title as a way of mentioning it might not be new :bandanadee: , but MRW new ppl find old tech and create a fuss -> :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
mfw you make a fuss about other people making a fuss to stay relevant ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:03 am
 [ 4 posts ]