The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
First post in all the pages 

it is only helpful in Pixeltendo because they have sprite projects and they needed to see the first page cause it usually has a big list to show who's "Ripped" or sprited.

The bottom line is, i think it'd only be useful in the ssf2 dicussion section. Non devs and devs.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 am

Currently Playing: LOL
I believe it would also have some usefullness in the RPG section (to check the status of the people without having to look it up), the contest section, and every kind of project done by a lot of people( SSF2, other games, animations, flashes, tutorials, etc.)

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Nac wrote:
I believe it would also have some usefullness in the RPG section (to check the status of the people without having to look it up), the contest section, and every kind of project done by a lot of people( SSF2, other games, animations, flashes, tutorials, etc.)

Hell no.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:58 am

Currently Playing: LOL
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:

Hell no.

Oh, WOW … that's such a convincing argument! [/sarcasm]

Would you mind wasting 2 seconds of your life, and explain why you think it's a horrible idea for the RPG section? :hmph:

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 am
Legendary Ghost

Nac wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:

Hell no.

Would you mind wasting 2 seconds of your life, and explain why you think it's a horrible idea for the RPG section? :hmph:
Not needed.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 am

Waifu: I'm married
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:

Hell no.

Not needed.

If you really don't like this idea, you'd be better off telling him now, because I don't think another flame war is going to help either of your standings. Especially over something so small.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:03 pm
YIM WWW
Legendary Ghost

kittenpuncher wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:

Hell no.

Not needed.

If you really don't like this idea, you'd be better off telling him now, because I don't think another flame war is going to help either of your standings. Especially over something so small.

I like the idea.

But it would be useless in the RPG section, a place where the first post is almost never needed except to check something once every three months.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:08 pm

The ssf2 assist trophies topic has a first post full of animations. Its quite laggy on older computers and harsh on people with slower connections. My computer is a year old with a fast conenction and still feels the lag. If those animations were on every page of the thread it'd be unbearable to those people. If uoi REALLY need the first post they could have it in a a separate tab.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 am

Kfire wrote:
The ssf2 assist trophies topic has a first post full of animations. Its quite laggy on older computers and harsh on people with slower connections. My computer is a year old with a fast conenction and still feels the lag. If those animations were on every page of the thread it'd be unbearable to those people. If uoi REALLY need the first post they could have it in a a separate tab.

Thus why we need to disable this on certain topics.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:24 am
Legendary Ghost

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Kfire wrote:

Or maybe turn images into links...

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 am

Hakker wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:
Kfire wrote:

Or maybe turn images into links...

You sir have a good point there. But lets say in a place like the spriter's corner would it really make sense to do so with your gallery.(debatable I suppose)

I'm just wondering what purpose this serves besides making our lives a slightly bit easier. Humans are lazy already I see now harm in a few extra clicks. However this is certainly not needed, but rather it'd be nice to have.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:52 am
Site Admin

Nac wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
I could see this being annoying and confusing in many cases...

I remember it being very usefull in the -now dead- pixeltendo.
And that's why mods/administrators would be the ones in charge of making them...

Does phpBB3 has this feature cleod? /:|

No phpBB3 doesn't have this feature as far as I know, but I can look around for something similar. I doubt anyone has made anything for it yet though

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 am

well there is certainly more nos then yes. so no? and i mean can't we just use a new tab? IE7 already has that feature and also firefox.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:58 am

If its an option you can choose to turn on and off then by all means go ahead.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
But Cleod doesn't have the PHPBB3 thing for it yet. :doh:

Adopted by Shounic

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next