The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 38  Next
Fox 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Might seem random, but I gotta explain something first b4 you see how good this is. Every character has 4 frames of landing lag when they land normally. Aerials tend to have the same landing lag or more. Some aerials have auto-cancel frames, meaning there is NO landing lag. AC frames (when they exist) are at the VERY beginning and/or end of a move. Now for the Fox part: Fox's nair AC before and after the Hitbox comes out. Then, if you land during the move, he only has 3 frames on landlag instead of 4 or more. So, if you want to speed up your game an extra frame or 3, just make sure you land with a nair or press A just before landing (to get AC frames), at the worst it's guaranteed to be faster than landing normally.

Damn nice dude.

I normally approach with niar so I guess I was doing something right.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:11 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Is Fox still legit without shine? Because I just started him and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Lunary wrote:
Is Fox still legit without shine? Because I just started him and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Well its a big part of his game in SSF2. I used to be the same as when I first started playing Fox and never used his reflector until I was shown how great of a move it was. I watch Melee videos to see how it can be used to great effect.

However, Fox was decent in Brawl without it and still decent in Smash 4 without it so he might be, but those two are very different games with different physics and a different metagame. Well just practice and see where it takes you. If you don't do well than probably reconsider not using the move.

Also even you don't do shine combos than just use it for its main function by its name. Reflecting projectiles.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:01 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Without shine I'd just like to see something done about the suicide kicks.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:08 pm

RemPrower wrote:
Without shine I'd just like to see something done about the suicide kicks.

His forward air?

Its very effective in Smash 4 due how weak the D.I. and S.D.I is, but I don't think that will happen in SSF2.

I wonder if people would like the hovering forward air from Brawl in SSF2?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:35 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
The only other improvement I can think of for fair (and dair since it affects it too) is to make the attack faster and end sooner. Fair is so long in my eyes I don't even see what it's supposed to be good for when it lasts as long as it currently does. Perhaps the amount of kicks could be reduced?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
In smash 4 they took away alot of what made fox fun in other games (shine shenanigans and lasers). Also they need to tune down the hitlag in smash 4, and take away the SDI modifiers. All multi-hit attacks are almost not effected by SDI, and jabs end with a stronger hit, so it just looks ridiculous, like some sort of bad combo

Relevant: anyone using multishines for anything, or any shine followups? Is jab reset Shine Usmash a thing?

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:39 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Pokepen wrote:
In smash 4 they took away alot of what made fox fun in other games (shine shenanigans and lasers). Also they need to tune down the hitlag in smash 4, and take away the SDI modifiers. All multi-hit attacks are almost not effected by SDI, and jabs end with a stronger hit, so it just looks ridiculous, like some sort of bad combo

Relevant: anyone using multishines for anything, or any shine followups? Is jab reset Shine Usmash a thing?

Well, I play with a controller so it makes things like shine->immediate aerial hard to do (for now). My control setup also makes shine->upsmash hard as well since I don't have tap jump on. However, shine is still a very real combo threat. Multishine can be done on shield to stuff delayed grabs or stop roll/spotdodge, but in terms of trying to hit multiple shines at once the max is 4 (I think), but realistically you will never get any more than 3 if you try. If you want to double shine instead of single shine, there isn't any problem with that. Shine upsmash is hard to connect, even on a keyboard (outside of getting a jab reset with the shine). Since upthrow->uair doesn't work on over half the cast, I do dthrow into shinegrab, which gets me another dthrow. It's not much, but by mixing up the timings and throwing in a couple pummels you can net yourself a bunch of free damage.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Shine combos into utilt if you're really quick, which can set up for early uair kills. Also, shine combos into nair or bair if you're fast with your fingers.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Shine combos into utilt if you're really quick, which can set up for early uair kills. Also, shine combos into nair or bair if you're fast with your fingers.

Shine > utilt is a new thing I've implemented and never see anyone do. Nair > shine > utilit (maybe 2 or 3 times) > dair > shine > utilt > up air, or some variation of that is something I'll work on tomorrow. Doesn't seem too difficult.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm
BR Member

sparty88 wrote:
Doesn't seem too difficult.

SSF2 Fox in a nutshell.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:40 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
You guys will cry when you can't use keyboards XD

Tech skill drops, and although I've slowly picked it up I will forever be less technical than I was.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
WelfareWednesday wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
Doesn't seem too difficult.

SSF2 Fox in a nutshell.

Yet he's the most difficult character to use in the game by a substantial margin.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:57 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
what about tails?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
what about tails?

More people would spam side speical instead of learning his advanced techniques.

Does anyone still use down air into reflector? I used to do that, but now I just mainly neutral air into reflector. 1smash18 still just down air into reflector.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:30 pm
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 38  Next