The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 57  Next
[MP] Kingdom Hearts 

Kittenpuncher wrote:
IDEA: A CARS LEVEL WHERE YOUR PARTY TURNS INTO CARS
SORA IS A RACECAR GOOFY IS A DUMPTRUCK AND DONALD IS A HELICOPTER

EVEN BETTER: A PLANES LEVEL WHERE EVERYONE TURNS INTO PLANES AND THEY BRING BACK THE FLYING MECHANICS FROM THE FIRST GAME AND DAYS.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
I found a very well optimized DS emulator on the android market. I nabbed 358 / 2 days and so far its quite a bit of fun. I'm quite impressed by the games visuals, didnt think the DS was strong enough. I do dislike Roxas a bit. He acts quitle like Axel describes him as "a zombie". I just beat the guardian in Twilight Town.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
358 Days was great (wait till you fight the Leechgrave ) Have fun Deph!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Dephius wrote:
I found a very well optimized DS emulator on the android market. I nabbed 358 / 2 days and so far its quite a bit of fun.

Trust me, it gets worse as it goes on. There's so much f*** padding.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Vanellope wrote:
358 Days was great (wait till you fight the Leechgrave ) Have fun Deph!

Leechgrave was piss easy. It's Ruler of the Skies that he should to watch out for.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 am

MGN Username: Hadou
Currently Playing: Hella rpgs
I never got into 358/2 Days. I loved the idea of playing as all 13 at first, but ehh...

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

It's clearly designed around multiplayer, which makes the singleplayer feel tacked on. It's also mission-based, which I don't really like. Either give me levels or an open world. Stop saying "YOU CAN'T GO THERE YET, THAT'S IN A LATER MISSION".

That, along with all the padding, is why I hate Days. It's only worth playing for the story. I'd personally just watch the cutscenes on Youtube (or the movie they made using the cutscenes included in 1.5) instead of playing it.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah, my main incentive for getting through the story mode in Days is just to have more options in the multiplayer mode. I really didn't care much about Xion or Roxas's stories in there, and was disappointed that I could only dual wield for all of five minutes in the story.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
I also just got into Days,

and I can see what you mean regarding all of the padding. That aside, I like Axel, Roxas and Xion, and the glaring contradiction that is (Series-wide spoilers within)the three of them and the other Nobodies being able to smile, laugh, care for one-another, feel sadness, and for Roxas in particular, cry when Xion dies, when they supposedly "don't have hearts"/"need Kingdom Hearts to gain hearts." I'm still only on Day 118 right now, and I still haven't played II or completed the original Kingdom Hearts, but I've seen the end of Days, and I like how it was obvious that the Nobodies were not totally emotionless, which leads into Dream Drop Distance's reveal about the Nobodies' hearts.

I'm unfortunately playing this series all out of order. After attempting KHI before a technical difficulty with my PS2 cut that short, I borrowed and beat Birth by Sleep first, and I have to say, Aqua is my favorite character in terms of skills. (Seeker Mine made short work of Vanitas Remnant.) Now I'm trying to beat Chain of Memories and Days at the same time. I know about what happens in all the games story-wise, but I feel like it won't be the same until I play them myself.

And I can't wait to see what significance might come of Sora picking up Eraqus's Master Keeper Keyblade on the beach in the trailer for KHIII.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 am

Wolf on the Moon wrote:
And I can't wait to see what significance might come of Sora picking up Eraqus's Master Keeper Keyblade on the beach in the trailer for KHIII.

inb4 Sora weilding the Master Keeper ends up being completely conceptual and not actually happening in the full game.

I don't feel like it's a spoiler, but since you put the tags on I may as well be courteous.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
So do I get to fight the nobodies? OR is that only in KH2 (or 1 I dunno). I would agree that my main incentive to keep playing is the story. Also Jesus Christ the recon missions. Five f*** piles of sand and you want to investigate each one.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Kind of. There are fightable Nobodies, but there's only three different kinds and they're placed few and far between.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Dephius wrote:
So do I get to fight the nobodies? OR is that only in KH2 (or 1 I dunno). I would agree that my main incentive to keep playing is the story. Also Jesus Christ the recon missions. Five f#%$& piles of sand and you want to investigate each one.

Trust me, if you like the story, just watch the cutscenes online or something. Playing through the later half of the game gets reeally boring, except the last two parts(Xion's Death+the scene at Memory Skyscraper between Roxas and Riku) of the game which, in my opinion, are really awesome but fall just short of making the journey worthwhile.

Recon is the worst though, I have to agree.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:30 am

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Nextoy wrote:
Wolf on the Moon wrote:

inb4 Sora weilding the Master Keeper ends up being completely conceptual and not actually happening in the full game.

I don't feel like it's a spoiler, but since you put the tags on I may as well be courteous.

I had heard that before, but I mean, in terms of what it suggests, if anything.

In Dream Drop Distance's first trailers, you had all those Soras falling from the sky, which seemed like something meaningful, but then Square was all "NOPE. Just conceptual." and then the Dive Into the Heart before Armored Ventus Nightmare happened, and there were all those Soras falling from the sky. LOL.

So, in a sense what I'm going for is this: I get that the Master Keeper business was conceptual, but I feel like something more might come of that, even if it's only slightly indicative of some element of the game, as was the case with the "Sora raining from the sky" scene. Aqua was the last person to be associated with/use Eraqus's Master Keeper, and a big point of the game is supposed to be saving Terra, Aqua and Ventus so it would make sense if this foreshadowed something having to do with Aqua.

Or it could just be conceptual.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Or Square could be more dickish than usual and just be like "Yeah, this isn't actually foreshadowing any of the plot, we're just saying that it's a Keyblade you can equip." Though I'm doubting that's what'll happen.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 pm
 [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 57  Next