The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
BTOOOM! the game 

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Ever watched or read the manga Btoom!? Well this game will be exactly the same. all you have to do is survive.
This game will be played on a battleship-like map with Fire emblem gameplay.

The first map will be a simple 10x10 grid. If this topic last long enough, I shall create more maps to choose from.
map 1: show
I will tell you your color via pm

Rules: show
Each player will have his own set of Bims;
You will have 2 actions per day, It'll go in this order: Move -> attack (You can choose to ''Wait'' like in the FE series;
To win #1:you have to kill 5 people. When you have killed them I will send a chopper at a random spot on the map. All you have to do is getting in it........unless the other player alive decide to kill you and steals the win
To win #2: Kill everyone

RADAR
As for the radar, I will display the position of everyone on regular intervals.

Update on the Bims
Bims are your only weapon avaible in this game. Some of them will have a certain number of uses like weapons in FE. Whenever you kill a player you get the Bims they were using as a bonus. Before the game starts, I will PM you with your set of Bim.

list of bims
cracker: show
A bomb that explode on contact after pressing the button- Using this one is simple, all you have to do is saying the location of where you throw it and the same turn it'll explode.
Throwing range: 4 spaces
Explosion range: 1 space
Capacity: 8

Timer: show
A BIM that counts down from 10 turns until it detonates. One can also adjust the BIM's timer to any set number of turns (1-10 turns) upon deactivation. With this BIM, timing is important in tactical usage.
Throwing range: 5 spaces
Explosion range: 1 space

Implosion: show
This Bim sucks in anyone in its surrounding when it implodes. This Bim detonate one turn after placing it, if you place it close to you and don't run away there are chances that you'll caught up in the implosion. Be careful!
Throwing range: 3 spaces
Explosion range: 3x3 spaces, the implosion starting from the center
Capacity: 3

homing: show
This Bim will lock-on target that you will choose. After 7 turns of tracking it will be desactivated if it didn't make contact. You can either pick it up by going where it stopped or leave it there (Unless you're on the run Idk why you would leave it lol). If by any chance someone stumble on this BIM while it's deactivated and isn't theirs, they can pick it up and use it as their BIMs
Turns of tracking: 7
Range of lock-on: 1x space
Explosion range: 1
Capacity: 5

Remote control: show
a Bim that can be detonated from a distance at a push of a button. It can be used as booby traps. This bomb will not auto-detonate, can stay as long as you like and can be placed at multiple places. The Bims will be numbered to 1-8. So if you want you can set all of them and enjoy a peaceful life by detonating whichever you like
Throwing range: 6 spaces
Explosion range: 1
Number of Bims that can be set at a time: 2

Motion Sensor: show
This Bim works exactly like the SSB one, so it is easy to use: you place it and waits for someone to step on it
Throwing range: 4 squares
explosion range: 1 square
max. Bim placed on map: 3
capacity: 5

1300 degrees flammable oil splashing flare: show
....FOSF for short is an OP Bim that only I will have (Shaske play? what? I'll explain later) thatBim splits fire into 4x4 perimeter to corner an opponent. The only way to have this is to find and killing me.
Throwing range: anywhere on the map op
Explosion range: 4x4 perimeter
Capacity: 1 of course

UPDATE*
attacking 2: show
When attacking I will mark the aimed spot red, you can't move to a red square

*UPDATE*
Attack: show
You will tell me by pm where you want to move. I will pm you right back saying ''CONFIRMED'' and then you can attack by posting here.

Engaging close combat: show
You engage close combat when you move or stand right next to someone. You can choose to:

To run: You will try to run away 2 squares from battle. This will give you a +60% chance of evading the attack
Attack: If you choose to attack, you get a 100% of hit
If the two choose to attack: Then it's head or tail.
If the two choose to run: Then they'll successfuly run away

alliance: show
before engaging close combat you will have the chance to speak with the other. Since it's a survival game AND I did say that to win you have to kill 3/5 players (which leaves you and another one), you can also choose to make an alliance with the opponent.....
As of making an alliance, it's up to you to see if it's good or not. I'll make a situation of the worst alliance:

Tyler is a beast and has killed 2 people already, then he runs into Shaske and decide to make an alliance because they are bffff. He tells him that all he need is to find one person and they win together. But Shaske is a dickno I'm not and choose to kill Tyler instead. By doing so, Shaske steals all the kills Tyler has made, which is 2, plus the point by killing Tyler, 2+1 makes 3 point for Shaske and he calls the chopper for himself, gg.

Now if you have read the Bims part you should know it already...
I will play muhuhu I won't be attacking I will just hide. I'll be like that super secret ammo supply that will take all of your lifetime to find. I won't be seen on the radar. To see the advantage of killing me, see the FOSF Bim (the last one).

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by Shaske on Sun May 11, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:14 am

MGN Username: ESM|TylerTM
Currently Playing: Anything in my Steam library
Sounds interesting
I'm in

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 am
I join, just to see what this'll be like

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:00 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
I join

still a bit sketchy on the rules, but I'll understand after the first round

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Pochi
I guess i could try this

also, if you're going to do a map basing in how many users join, you've better set a player limit. Maybe 18-20? You might decide.

TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Currently Playing: LIGHT PHANTASY,pokemon light platinum and jump ultimate stars
I wll try it out.
So i join.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

UPDATED

Heisenberg wrote:
I guess i could try this

also, if you're going to do a map basing in how many users join, you've better set a player limit. Maybe 18-20? You might decide.

Since idk how it'll go and I want to test it fist, 5-6 player would be ok

I'm thinking of adding skills (like the mafia games) but Idk if that's necessary and I don't have any idea what kind of skill to add...

All we need is me actually making the map (which will take 2 sec)

If you guys have suggestion on anything go ahead and say them

Just saying, Saturday I work so I'll only be able to post around 11 pm

Thu May 01, 2014 2:19 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
so umm, if we move and land on any of the adjacent squares near another player, does that trigger a battle or something?

and if you can't be seen on the radar (the updates of the map that you post, I'd assume)
then how are we supposed to know if we are on your square or on a square next to you (see first question I asked) in order to battle you? lol

Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Quote:
so umm, if we move and land on any of the adjacent squares near another player, does that trigger a battle or something?

Yes, close combat will engage. In close combat, you can choose to:

To run: You will try to run away 2 squares from battle. This will give you a +60% chance of evading the attack
Attack: If you choose to attack, you get a 100% of hit
If the two choose to attack: Then it's head or tail.
If the two choose to run: Then they'll successfuly run away

But before engaging close combat you will have the chance to speak with the other. Since it's a survival game AND I did say that to win you have to kill 3/5 players (which leaves you and another one), you can also choose to make an alliance with the opponent.....
As of making an alliance, it's up to you to see if it's good or not. I'll make a situation of the worst alliance:

Tyler is a beast and has killed 2 people already, then he runs into Shaske and decide to make an alliance because they are bffff. He tells him that all he need is to find one person and they win together. But Shaske is a dickno I'm not and choose to kill Tyler instead. By doing so, Shaske steals all the kills Tyler has made, which is 2, plus the point by killing Tyler, 2+1 makes 3 point for Shaske and he calls the chopper for himself, gg.

Quote:
and if you can't be seen on the radar (the updates of the map that you post, I'd assume)
then how are we supposed to know if we are on your square or on a square next to you (see first question I asked) in order to battle you? lol
I...uh :shifty: oh yea..

At the start of the match I will show my location. After that, it's up to me to decide if I show it or not. I did say:
Quote:
I'll be like that super secret ammo supply that will take all of your lifetime to find.
though, just imagine that you launch an attack and it randomly hit me omfg lol

Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 am

Currently Playing: Wonderland
can i play?

i think is that new guy called "hellneko" or "mirabell" for his friends like me.

I will give you life the hell!

Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 am

MGN Username: ESM|TylerTM
Currently Playing: Anything in my Steam library
I'm worried that I will go on a streak then me and tac's break alliance and he kills me saying "get rekt yo"

Fri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

I reduced the range of the some bims after realizing how OP they were. I added the map to the op, I'm sending the confirmation PMs. Once everyone confirmed it we'll start.

Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

[b]10 hours remaining to confirm (12pm forum time) after that the game will start
[/b]
you will still be able to play but if you die first don't cry

Order of players will work like that: First person to PM me their att, move, def will play first, <---Second person to PM, 3rd and so on.

Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 am

AND SO THE GAME HAS STARTED!!!!!
1ST RADAR SCAN: show

RADAR IN 0:00 HOURS
------------------------------------------------
playing: show
Tac3
Tyler
Clubby
Hellneko
Auraka
Heisenberg/pochi
Awesome jitter

7 alives
0 death
I'm still alive

It takes 5/7 players kills to win
First RADAR will be tomerrow. It'll tell where you were the day before so if you didn't move, you're pretty much screwed

Replacement are accepted
You have by the end of the day to confirm your actions. If you don't confirm them you will simply stay where you are.

you can discuss here alliance, strategies and stuff. The only thing that must remain in PM for your own safety is where you move and where you attack.

Last edited by Shaske on Mon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 04, 2014 12:06 pm

OH well sooner than expected!

While making up his tactics, Auraka moves head to head with Tyler..... What will happen next?...Will they try to kill the other? Will an alliance be born? Will something unexpected occur?

Confirm your actions here and NOW NOW!

Mon May 05, 2014 5:19 pm
 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next