The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
McleodGaming Mafia 24: MG Mafia [Game Over] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Oh, also. Can you point out the cop breadcrumb in your first post? I can't find it.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
@Brik: I'm pretty sure I already outlined in my post why massclaim is our only option: due to the complete lack of information we have off Day 1 as a result of the early lynch, there is virtually no other way to gather enough information short of a claim. I'd prefer not to massclaim, but it's LyLo: at this point the information gained from massclaim is more useful right now than the potential loss of important town roles. I carry this attitude towards several of the other games I've played, where I'm usually against massclaim until LyLo.

Also, I'm probably going to be accused of OMGUS, but I find it suspicious that you extract my claim out of me and not claim yourself. If I assume that you are mafia, then I can judge that you are attempting to extract my role out of me for your scumteam to make better decisions, which is, in my humble opinion, a false assumption to make. What's stopping me from scumreading you, however, is that for the most part everyone in this game hasn't tried much to further it with the exception of TOWK, yourself and myself; therefore it is difficult to be fully sure of everyone, also since the game has been short and not much has been said or done, and because you've attempted to move the game forward. Also because I believe that Doq's been pretty scummy so far, getting on the bandwagon conveniently at L-1 and generally obscuring his words for the sake of it.

Terra wrote:
Considering the nature of the setup(small one, as well as probably role madness), I think it's best to compile a list of MG Mafia mods/ex-mods and then decide on courses of action.

List of mods(using only main games here):
Dark Ermac-1(vanilla setup, nothing new)
Maxmatsu-2(vanilla setup)
Brik-3(space pirates), 9(Cave Story with 194), 15(SSBMafia), 21(Jobs Fair)
194-4(Layton), 7(Touhou), 12(All-Stars), 18(Turnabout), 23(Carbon-14)
DJ-5(Devs), 14(Cowboys), 20(MLG with Terra), 22(Chess)
Fly or Die-6(tekrat)
Blood-8(Pokemon)
Crabby-10(vanilla setup)
Void-11(pick your poison)
Terra-13(Meta with TOWK), 16(Breaking Bad with TOWK), 20(MLG with DJ)
TOWK-13(Meta with Terra), 16(Breaking Bad with Terra), 19(DoTA)
Lucina-17(Jojo)

Originally I thought there were less mods, but I guess I was wrong. As 194 is confirmed to not be in the game, we can strike him off the list, leaving us with 11 possible options of 7 roles. From this list of 11, we then could make an assumption that the roles most likely to be in the game are people who have modded multiple games; therefore, we very likely have Brik, DJ, TOWK and Terra roles.

Possibilities here are endless, though. We know that 194 creates fakeclaims for the mafia, as evidenced by All-Stars, so massclaim's not a possibility at all. Setup's likely 5 town 2 scum, third party is unlikely in such a small setup.

So we effectively have three choices right now; to no lynch, random lynch or massclaim. Massclaim is already a non-option, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the other two options.

Also Vote: TSF|CSWooly

I was counting on the wording being unusual enough to hopefully spark attention but w/e.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Sorry, everyone! I was brought on a trip without prior notice by my family to Jacksonville and we just got back.

Anyway, onto the subject of this page...

I can see why Terra suggested a massclaim at this point since after going back to look at day 1, I couldn't really find any real significant information, seeing as how the lynch happened not long after the RVS. If it weren't for this situation, then I'd think it'd be very suspicous for Terra to change his mind, but now it makes sense.

Yet, I also see why Brik is reluctant to reveal his role after Terra did. Besides his claim not really doing a good job of explaining why the role has that ability, it's an easy claim for the mafia, who obviously wouldn't target themselves at night, and who could make it appear as though they were targeted by a night kill and survived.

Also, the cop breadcrumb thing seems kind of weird to me since it is a clue that imo is not easily noticed. I don't really get his reason for doing it either. Did Terra assume that if a mafioso actually noticed it, they would target him without knowing his intention for revealing himself?

Just seems strange, is all I'm saying.

I want to hear Kyuubit and Doqtor Kirby's opinions on the matter since they haven't said much since the day started.

Now would you look at that; I can breadcrumb too!

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:17 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Day Two
I am in the questioning room. I have to tell them all I know

Coming from a Mafia game where I was overaggressive this is indeed a drastic change for me. Just pointing that out.

Knowingly those who remember I usually played in the middle. I don't wish to be polarizing to one side or another unless something really urges me to take a side. With Brik now being edgy to roleclaim, I now do not have a solid reason to claim myself.

Sometime I might though.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:20 am
YIM WWW

f*** it, i'm going with my gut and whatever happens happens lmao

Vote: Terra

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:36 am

whoops probably should explain more

my gut says terra is scum

if he's not then the mafia will quickhammer and we lose and whatever

if he is then there won't be a quickhammer and we'll know to lynch him

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:38 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
@kyuubit: scum may not have daytalk(not unlikely), so they may very well not take the risk of quickhammering as they may be found out before it suceeds. I don't think it's worth it to risk the entire game over a chance.

@Lucina: I presumed two things based on general principles, which I hope are not unreasonable.
1) The mafia have an information advantage, and want to use it to the fullest advantage, so they would be very alert to any sign.
2) Also, they would want to eliminate powerful PRs due to their numbers disadvantage: hence why the massclaim early int he game is considered a scum move

The idea behind breadcrumbing was to hope that the mafia somehow caught it. I didn't want it to be too obvious in the case that someone called me out on it and be forced to claim D1, but didn't want it to be too obscure either. So essentially I made the assumption that the mafia would target what they thought was a PR, and then I'd out myself as BP instead when the kill failed, thereby confirming my role and swinging the game into the town's favor.

Also it's 1 in the morning where I am so I should probably sleep. In order of scumminess rn:
Doq>Brik>Luc>kyuubit

If the game hasn't ended by then, I'll explain why I think Doq is the scummiest person, but Brik/Luc is the most likely scumteam.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:54 am

You're so wishy-washy with everything.

"we shouldn't massclaim"
"by the way we should massclaim"

"we shouldn't vote anyone today because the mafia will quickhammer"
"the mafia might not quickhammer"

come on man

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:08 pm

whoops, the "until a decision has been made" after "we shouldn't vote anyone today" went missing

don't post in mafia games using your phone, folks. it doesn't go too well

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 pm

@Doqtor Kirby What's your opinion on Terra right now? He suspects you the most out of everyone.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Also, is Brik still alive? He hasn't posted since Thursday, so....

Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:48 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
'Sup.

I've been mulling over Terra's play for a few days and I'm just about ready to lynch him. His play all game has been non-commital and he's just being too... nice. If he actually believed Doq to be scum he would make a stronger case regardless of a lack of content. As it is it feels like partner bussing.

Also, the cop breadcrumb thing is absolute nonsense. There is no way a real cop would do something like that, so even if anyone had picked up on it, I'm not sure what purpose it would have served. As it is, the point was basically to put something in an early post to which Terra could point later and say "hey guys look how town I was being." I don't like it.

To be absolutely clear, I will hammer Terra if someone places another vote on him.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Ah, okay. If all goes well, all we'll need to do tomorrow is lynch Doqtor Kirby and we'll have pulled off one heck of a comeback.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Too late Brikmaethor, we've won.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:05 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member