The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:25 am

[ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
Kirby 

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
TyranitarLord wrote:
:jigglypuff: Kirby matchup chart :jigglypuff:
( i think he is underrated )
[ Image ]

So many things wrong with this.

Kirby loses to dee -2 or -1. Dee simply can camp Kirby with Neutral B and Fair so Kirby can't approach. Also he can easily beat out most, if not all of Kirby's moves as Dee has significant disjoints unlike Kirby.

Kirby loses to Luffy -2. All of Luffy's moves beat out everything Kirby has and the "infinite" isn't true unless it is at low percents.

Kirby loses to Peach -2 or -3. Her Nair beats out everything Kirby has and turnips wall Kirby out.

Tails should be -2 or -1. His recovery is now safe to edgeguard now after his Up B change.

Ness should be at -2. Disjoints beat out everything Kirby has.

Kirby loses to Sora -1. Disjoints. Nothing else I should say.

Chibi Robo should be at -2 or -3. His Disjoints screw Kirby Up hard and Kirby loses in the ait because all of Chibi's aerial moves beat out all of Kirby's aerials and he loses on the ground because F-Smash and Grab easily outrage Kirby and Kirby isn't fast enough to approach so he gets walled by both of rhese moves.

G&W should be at -1 or -2. Disjoints. That's all I have to say.

Sandbag should be at -1 or -2. His fair beats out everything Kirby has and he kills Kirby easily.

Samus shoild be at "I hate Tson". It is really one of Kirby's worst MUs. Samus's fair beats out everything Kirby has and She can easily camp out Kirby super hard. Also D-tilt kills Kirby at 80% which is VERY EARLY.

Isaac should also be at "I hate Tson". Side B is all it takes for Isaac to win and Kirby can't deal with that move.

ZSS should be at -1. Kirby cant duck under grab like in Sm4sh and her Nair and F-Smash beat out all of Kirby's moves.

THERE IS NO f*** WAY FOX LOSES TO KIRBY WTF. FOX SIMPLY CAN RUSHDOWN KIRBY WITH NAIR AND SHINE. KIRBY HAS A VERY HARD TIME AGAINST RUSHDOWN CHARACTERS.

Wario vs Kirby is either even or Wario wins slightly. Wario has better mobility and approach options.

Yoshi either is even with Kirby or Yoshi wins slightly. Nair screws up Kirby and side b is now good against Kirby after the side B buff ot gained in 1.0.3

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Wario wins by +1 or, less likely, +2 due to faster overall speed, recovery that isn't too jump dependent, and better moves in general... And a better commans grab but that barely matters

So probs +1 for Wa

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
I have a dumb question, how do I deal with Pacman as Kirby?

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:02 am

I made a new discovery. If Kirby's DIs down when hit by Link's first hit of up smash, he can duck under the second hit and then shield to block the last hit.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 pm

So some people are claiming Kirby is Mid tier now.
I feel like people are overrating Kirby. I mean he is definantly much better in 1.0.3.2 compared to 1.0.2 but I feel he still has a pretty bad MU spread and his weaknesses are still pretty exploitable. His only real strengths are amazing combo and edgeguard game.

Not a bad character, but as of now he's still bottom 10 imo, maybe slightly above bottom 10 at best.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 am

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
The double posting hash slinging Waluigi has attacked!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:17 am

finallyfantastic7 wrote:
The double posting hash slinging Waluigi has attacked!

It has been like a week or more since I posted. Plus nobody was posting anything here so I had to revive it

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am

Well, if we're starting Kirby discussion again, I'd like to ask, has anyone noticed that when Kirby inhales an opponent and then spits them out, that has NO knockback being dealt? Like, what the heck?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
dragonballhero wrote:
Well, if we're starting Kirby discussion again, I'd like to ask, has anyone noticed that when Kirby inhales an opponent and then spits them out, that has NO knockback being dealt? Like, what the heck?

I know right?! It's the same knockback instead of increased knockback for inhale, when it should be different!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:46 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
This is so that you can use spit to combo.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:42 pm

I like how people say inhale is amazing.
Meanwhile when I fought ThatKirbyGuy on anthers i avoided most of the inhales he has and him if i did so. Anyone who says inhale is amazing cant adapt to it lmao.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Inhale will never be amazing with Beta's buffering system because it f*** spit combos. Even if spit sent the opponent farther, it wouldnt make Kirby any better. Beta killed inhale intentionally through a range nerf and unintentionally through unintuitive controls.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm

MGN Username: TyranitarLord
Waifu: Pepsi-Man
Inhale is still dumb, its huge, its versatile, its safe (yall are just bad real talk), and there is a huge payoff; that being swallow to grab (yes it works, also now even stronger in beta since throws are good now) or spit bair (yes that also works for the most part, you can get a hammer read too if they are predictable.). As a master class inhale abusing bumfuzzle I'd say Kirby is definitely mid tier, and is underrated.

On another note, I am pretty sure Kirby beats DK. I mean, DK can't do his bread and butters on Kirby, and he gets combo'd like crazy. Inhale destroys DK, setting up grab fairly easily which leads to a truckload of free options for Kirby. If you have port, you also destroy DK offstage too, which is a good plus. Lastly, Kirby with mega punch is dope, I mean, it kills DK at like 60, you can stall charge it, and it's so easy to combo into loool.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:24 am

TyranitarLord wrote:
Inhale is still dumb, its huge, its versatile, its safe (yall are just bad real talk), and there is a huge payoff; that being swallow to grab (yes it works, also now even stronger in beta since throws are good now) or spit bair (yes that also works for the most part, you can get a hammer read too if they are predictable.). As a master class inhale abusing bumfuzzle I'd say Kirby is definitely mid tier, and is underrated.

On another note, I am pretty sure Kirby beats DK. I mean, DK can't do his bread and butters on Kirby, and he gets combo'd like crazy. Inhale destroys DK, setting up grab fairly easily which leads to a truckload of free options for Kirby. If you have port, you also destroy DK offstage too, which is a good plus. Lastly, Kirby with mega punch is dope, I mean, it kills DK at like 60, you can stall charge it, and it's so easy to combo into loool.

Define safe. I mean sure it covers a decent amount of distance but if you miss you'll experience so much end lag. Swallow to grab isn't true (except its maybe true on DK and Bowser), you can just DI up during Swallow and you don't get grabbed. Ive had people escape it and I've escapped it multiple times when ThatKirbyGuy tried to do it to me. Only D-throw is good atm. F-throw and B-throw are useless unless you are near the ledge for a Kirbycide. Kirby has too many weaknesses and not enough strengths to be mid tier.

DK beats Kirby 55:45 imo. Inhale does destroy DK if you aren't too close to him but once DK gets close you can't do much against his grab and DK can actually combo Kirby pretty hard, tho not as hard as the rest of the cast. DK wins neutral but not by a lot. Kirby gets killed pretty early by DK. Though Kirby does combo DK super hard especially at low percents. Kirby does have ways around for DK to not get close but DK can also stop Kirby from getting close to him with Bair and D-tilt.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 am

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
F-throw and B-throw are useless unless you are near the ledge for a Kirbycide.

Fthrow is considerably better than you give it credit for lmfao

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 pm
 [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next