The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
20CR becoming plausible

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 pm

I enjoy winning so I play Chibi-Robo.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
ha

Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:06 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
So... Ill just throw my personal CHibi wishlist in... Inb4 "lol u scrub" comments :D

Pros:

+ BThrow kills before 200% (make it 130)
+ Chibi Copter covers 25% more distance
+ Chibi Copter deals a really strong hit on the last hit (kinda like a slightly nerfed nerfed Mii Brawler Helicopter Kick)
+ Lazors always deal 2% and dont stale
+ A bit more hitstun on lazors
+ Full control of Lazors regardless of where you initiate the move
+ DSmash gets stronger, killing at 120% or so (face it, this move doesnt do anything)
+ FSmash complies to gravity if the wire goes off the edge
+ Small ranged Zair added, dealing 3%, can be used for thether recovery
+ JC Toothbrush on hit
+ UThrow has a lower KB scaling so that UThrow to UAir window is actually existent
+ UTilt has less lag on startup and ending
+ FTilt eats shields for breakfast
+ DTilt has more range
+ Fair and Bair sped up slightly
+ Dair has lower KB scaling so you can combo off it at higher %
+ 1 frame invincibility on Pick Up
+ Bair can kill sooner
+ USmash kills sooner and now actually links into the strong hit

Nerfs:

- Nair deals only 10% damage instead of 14 (20% instead of 26 if both hits connect)
- Pick Up active window shortened
- Toothbrush has more ending lag
- UAir now kills at 100% instead of 80%
- Slightly nerfed grab range
- 4 more frames of endlag on FSmash

Thoughts?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:08 pm

I agree with everything there, but did you just say more lag on lazor?

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:34 pm
BR Member

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I agree with everything there, but did you just say more lag on lazor?

Yes I did :twisted: Mostly to cover for the increased damage output and stun, but I can remove it if you want.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:57 pm

I wish Chibi's moves had a lot less lag. I can't even short-hop some of them due to lag. Plus platforms can be the of Chibi's existence at times.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:11 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I wish Chibi's moves had a lot less lag. I can't even short-hop some of them due to lag. Plus platforms can be the of Chibi's existence at times.

Lag as in ending lag, or landlag? Most of chibi's aerials are fast enough to come out during a SH, and they hit pretty easily due to the height of his SH. None of them have atrocious land lag either, so their length doesn't really matter.

As for platforms, imo they work out great for him because his full hop sets himself up perfectly to land right after doing an aerial. Chibi's followups just tend to be mediocre.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:22 am

Godot wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

Lag as in ending lag, or landlag? Most of chibi's aerials are fast enough to come out during a SH, and they hit pretty easily due to the height of his SH. None of them have atrocious land lag either, so their length doesn't really matter.

As for platforms, imo they work out great for him because his full hop sets himself up perfectly to land right after doing an aerial. Chibi's followups just tend to be mediocre.

Maybe it's just, but stages with platforms are the bane of my existence (Battlefield, WarioWare, etc.)

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Godot wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

Maybe it's just, but stages with platforms are the bane of my existence (Battlefield, WarioWare, etc.)

It might simply be a playstyle thing. I know that, at least for me, I hated platforms because I felt like the got in my way all of the time. Eventually I changed my playstyle to be more accommodating and now I love the mileage I can get out of platforms.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 pm
BR Member

Lets just ignore my changelog

What if... Pocketing a projectile would hinder creating a new one of the same type? Like pocketing a boomerang disables Links Side B, pocketing a Super Missile leaves only Homing Missiles available etc. The block would be active for 1-5 seconds depending on the projectile before it disappears inside the pocket. The weaker the projectile is, the earlier it is usable again. Could be signaled visually via Chibi glowing white-ish (think Smash 4 Fludd) as long as the projectile is blocked, and a small Poof sound (similar to a cartoon Sucking Up noise) plays once its usable again.

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:54 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Ehhhh.... it seems like it would be really annoying to fight against. I generally think that moves shouldn't take away your opponent's options so much as counter them.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:56 am

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
My own personal wishlist in which I took no references whatsoever:

Buffs:

+ BThrow kills before 200% (make it 140)
+ Chibi Copter covers 25% more distance
+ Lazors always deal 2% and dont stale
+ The control of Lazors is 90° on ground and 360° on air
+ DSmash gets stronger,sweetspot killing everyone at 105% or so...
+ Small ranged Zair added, dealing 3%, can be used for thether recovery
+ JC Toothbrush on hit
+ UTilt has less lag on startup and ending
+ FTilt eats shields for breakfast
+ Fair is sped up slightly
+ 1 frame invincibility on Pick Up
+ USmash kills sooner and now actually links into the strong hit

Nerfs:

- Nair deals only 11% damage instead of 14 (21% instead of 26 if both hits connect)
- Toothbrush has more ending lag
- UAir now kills at 90% instead of 80%
- Slightly nerfed grab range
- Bair has less vertical KB

Equals:

-Dair has lower kb scaling= +combo -early KOs
-Dtilt has a bit more range and the hitbox inside CR is removed.
-Pickup is now fixed so it can pick all projectiles/items and it will only have effect as long as the animation lasts.

Thoughts?[/quote]
^^ quote lol

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:53 pm
BR Member

Ill just take that as a compliment that my ideas were just that good :wee:

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:59 pm
BR Member

Sorry for yet another double post... Ill just blame the others fornot posting here :wee:

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ehhhh.... it seems like it would be really annoying to fight against. I generally think that moves shouldn't take away your opponent's options so much as counter them.

The block wouldnt be exactly long for most projectiles. Stuff like Eggs, Lazors etc. would be blocked prolly for half a second or so which shouldnt really impact a match. It being annoying was one of the main points of that idea, that doesnt make it bad tho. I mean, having one strong projectile disabled for 5 seconds at max shouldnt hurt you too much. The main idea was making Pick Up generally more useful and a bigger thread for projectile users. As of now, you can pocket one thing and still have half the screen filled with projectiles. I think that this Pocket would at least make Chibi more of a viable charater against Samus, Megaman, Black Mage etc. These characters still have plenty of other projectiles to choose from, so it wouldnt even hamper them too much. Can I get actual feedback and not just some "Naaah, annoying"? (No offense btw) You want Pick Up to counter projectiles, rite? Because as of now it doesnt to anything. Having pocketed one lazor from Fox is useless right now; he still can easily outcamp you. Same for any other character who has a projectile (minus Peach maybe). With this new Pick Up Down B would actually become a move that has a reason to exist other than a pseudo-taunt. Keeping it the way it is now and enabling Chibi to wavebounce it for movement things would also be kewl, but something has to be done about this move. Take the Fox MU again: Having Lazors blocked for one second would you gie at least somewhat of a chance of approaching without gettin Lazord with no end. Fox can still run away, but it would shut his neutral down a bit. Keep also in mind that a pocketed projectile will disappear ater the block runs off, meaning that Chibi cannot run around the full match with a Charge Beam at will. I know noone will ever bother to say soemthing about this, but Ill just put a list here on how long projectiles would be blocked.

:mario: Fireballs would be blocked for ~1.5 seconds.
:link: Arrows are blocked for 1.5 seconds, Boomerang and Bomb Arrow for 2 seconds, Bombs for 1.5 seconds.
:kirby: Copycat Lazors would be banned for 1 second.
:samus: Charge Beam between 1-5 seconds depending on charge level, Homing Missiles for 2 seconds, Supers for 2.5, Bombs for 1.5 secs.
:megaman: Mega Buster between 0.5-5 secs, Crash Bomb for 2.5 seconds, Super Arm for 2, Wheel Cutter and BHB for 1.5 seconds, FSmash bewteen 2-4 depending on charge, UAir 2 secs.
:fox: Lazors are blocked for one second.
:ness: PK Flash in a 3-5 second window (charge dependant), PK Fire for 1.5 seconds.
:pikachu: Thunder Jolt would be blocked for 1 full second.
:peach: ~2 seconds without Turnip Pull.
:zelda: Dins Fire is put out for 1.5 seconds.
:zerosuitsamus: Paralyser and DSmash (can we treat this move as an actual projectile plz) from 1-2 seconds/1-3 for DSmash.
:bomberman: Works different: Chibi pockets one Bomb close to him, but BBM still has access to Neutral B. If the pocketed Bomb is blown up, a muffled "BOOM!" sound plays and Chibi takes half the damage and KB of the bomb. The pocketed bomb type is banned for 2-4 seconds (2 for small, 3 for mid and 4 for P Bomb).
:blackmage: Meteor is blocked 2.5-5 seconds. Firaga, Thundaga and Blizzaga are cut for 3 seconds each. Additionally one can pocket Aero (FThrow) and Quake (BThrow) for 1 second, cancelling the throw.
:tails: Electro Cannon thingy would be deactivated for 2 seconds.
:yoshi: Eggs are disabled for 1 second.
:lloyd: Demon Fang is not usable for 1 second. This applies to normal and Double Demon Fang regardless of which one was actually picked up.
:chibirobo: Lazors are cut down for 1 full second.
:sora: Firaga is out for 3.5 seconds, Thundaga for 3 and Blizzaga for 2. Commad Deck remains unblocked. Aero (USmash) is blocked for 2 seconds. Strike Raid gets banned for 1.5 seconds. If BThrow stays the same, it will get blocked for 1 second like BMs one.
:ichigo: Neutral B cannot be used for 2 seconds.
:naruto: Rasengan between 1-4 seconds dependant on charge, Rasenshuriken for 5 seconds, Up B for 2 seconds (Naruto cannot spawn a new one in the meantime), Side B for 2 secs as well. Additionally, pocketing Up B renders the move useless.
:goku: Ki Blasts are blocked for 1.5 seconds, both air and ground version regardless of which version actually was pocketed. Kamehameha gets banned for 2-5 seconds (charge dependant).

Something else noone will care about: I had that random idea that USmashs range could increase with charge in a reference to your Y move in Cibi Robo: Zip Lash. Of course that would mean that the initial range is nerfed to make up for that.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:22 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next