The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 pm

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Zero Suit Samus 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Is using Dspecial as a mobility and mixup option a good thing? I literally spam that move when I'm on the stage. Prolly because I like the animation. :/

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
yeah but i would recommend jumping before you do it because if you land too early your endlag is really long

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 pm

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
I thought so.

I really like this character in this demo.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 pm

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
smashyflashy wrote:
Heres a little hint......... if you use Zamus's Down smash while you have a Home run bat, the opponent will be paralyzed long enough for you to smash them off the stage. Try it, and you'll see.... :nod:

Zamus has now become my main!

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:22 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
So how does one play ZSS exactly?

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:36 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I just spam Side Special for spacing and go in with a dash attack or dash canceled down tilt. Paralyzer helps with edgeguards or counter-edgegaurding when recovering very high. Also avoid using rolls and only grab if you know it will connect. Also UAir for juggling and KOing off top at high perrcents, NAir for approaching, and BAir for errything else. Avoid DAir

Also Down Smash to Side Smash kills at like 90-100%, you want to take advantage of ZSS's stuns, jab, Utilt to UAir, Giant disjoints, and dash canceling.

Also use Side Smash for KOing, not Side Special since it can't kill till like 150%.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
<offline disclaimer>
I just dash dance and wait for them to approach, then punish with grab. I used to think dthrow was good, but I think fthrow and bthrow are better. Dtilt and s-spec are the poke moves. Once you get them above you, go for uairs. These have huge range, and you can usually get a second one if the first one connects. I love paralyzer, I wonder if dsmash->dspec meteor would work :D other than fsmash, bair is a kill move. If your control config allows it, utilt out of shield might be her best OOS option. For recovery, save your jump unless you want to commit to recovering high. Two d-spec give the same horizontal that her double jump would allow, so I suggest using these offstage to recover with. If you do DJ->up spec to get the super jump, you can recover from the bottom magnifying glass on pretty much any stage. Side-b also works to tether. So ZSS has 3 recovery mixups: high (super DJ to go over their heads), low to tether, or level to side-b tether. She can fake any one of them until the last second, and if she misses the side-b she shouldn't have used her DJ so she can still do the super low option which In and of itself is incredibly hard to stop.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 pm
Site Admin

if a good player (assuming no lag) gets zss below the ledge she is essentially dead. all they have to do is grab the ledge and time the getup correctly. so you still have to be very careful.

dtilt -> dtilt makes heavies/ffers cry, just do it until they get annoyed and start trying different DI and read it to get a dsmash -> fsmash
sideB pulls in if you miss the first hit and are holding B which a lot of people don't know, so if you space it well this could be a free grab if you SH it
dair is incredibly safe even though it doesn't look like it. zss sucks on platform stages so use an aimed dair to get back to ground level if you ever find yourself above the plats on battlefield, then shield right when you land, throw out upB if you feel threatened
usmash sucks which is a good thing because you can use it as an antiair OOS on foes who abuse SH aerials as approaches and nobody will expect it. then you can combo into upB or uair
use upB to do jank combos or poke people through platforms
never do uthrow unless you're being disrespectful and are tech chase chaingrabbing a FFer
fthrow combos into dtilt at low percentages
paralyzer is transcendent so if you can get one out and it's relatively safe you should. what i usually do is hop really high, then FF paralyzer. if they approach me while I jump i can either throw an aerial out or just fire the paralyzer depending on their timing
bthrow -> downB spike works on people with linear recoveries. even if you stuff the timing the sourspot is disruptive enough where youll be able to recover without being ledgehogged so thats good
fthrow isnt a real chaingrab so only do that if the opponent is DK or doesn't get DI or do it like once so they think you're going to CG them and then bthrow RAR bair them because they're DIing poorly.
dthrow looks like it should be really good but it kinda sucks so you should basically only use it when you're bored and don't really want a followup for some reason
its easy to approach with fair but you might want to try approaching with nair sometimes too its very good and combos into dtilt and dash attack
speaking of dash attack it lasts a long time so you might want to try retreating (running away) and then doing a turnaround dash attack. be careful on the timing though because you can also do pivot ftilts which as ZSS kinda suck
uair kind of sucks rangewise/kbwise so always think how much mileage you can get out of it. any time you're close to the ground, fair and nair are probably better options. sometimes even when you're in the air they are.

that's basically all i know

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:11 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
This should do the trick, thanks ppls.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
How does the Kirby MU work?

I don't want to be cheesed anymore. :(

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: sparty88
Doqtor Kirby wrote:

It doesn't. You will be tased and murdered.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
sparty88 wrote:
Doqtor Kirby wrote:

It doesn't. You will be tased and murdered.

Pretty much. Kirby gimps her hard.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:24 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
All I can suggest is to keep Kirby out with the whip.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
After playing Zamus for about an hour and a half, I can conclude: Dumb.

Once I started getting spacing down, I started to realize Side-Special covers her way too well. More than what I originally thought when playing other ZZS players. It's her silliest aspect. It's starts quite fast for the range it covers is and very lag-less. If you maintain good spacing (and not rush-in I like do) she can keep-away her opponent too well. If you're using a character that doesn't have a great projectile against her, the match-up is a nightmare if she has a patience player. Fast, Long-range, and Safe. Plasma-Whip itself completely nullify so many types of physical approach. The move itself dictates some match-up entirely; as if this character wasn't good already. More ending-lag would help so it can't be just thrown-out. The risk of the move doesn't match in value to its reward.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 pm
Site Admin

if you space correctly you can get in the dead spot of the sideb and take no damage and just punish it. or, get hit by the weak hitbox and not the strong one which iirc is not safe on shield. without sideb as a tool she would be useless against anyone with a decent projectile.

not only that but she has extremely low damage output, a good grab but bad throws, completely DI-reliant combos (nothing is guaranteed unlike lots of the cast bar paralyzer), her projectile has TP priority so it doesnt cancel out any other projectiles (and is super slow, low damage, and low range). she's not as good as people are pitting her to be unless you're playing a huge character or a FFer where she shines. which is good because i think literally everyone plays one of those two. maybe once we get more ZSS mains we'll see more Kirbys.

i'm glad our balance is at a good point right now because opinions are wildly varying. i don't think any character has escaped being called OP this demo at some point. kinda cool.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 am
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next