The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
the leader of the bunch wrote:
how about they actually add some good singleplayer modes before bothering with any new characters. honestly, f*** this game if they don't even bring back break the targets, let alone adventure mode

This 100%. I'd absolutely love another Brawl-style adventure mode, though frankly I'd settle for a Melee-style adventure mode.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am

Waifu: You!
so in the trailer is that baby mario or what

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
THoT wrote:
so in the trailer is that baby mario or what

Oh, joy. I guess that means Pink Gold Baby Rosalina is confirmed.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
the leader of the bunch wrote:
honestly, f*** this game if they don't even bring back break the targets
f*** Yes SIGN THE PETITION

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
can this be the game that gives pikachu the pmd scarf, its been like 13 years since pmd red and itd fit with pika's alts being accessories

oh yeah declone pittoo god damn

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Crow Nonya wrote:
oh yeah remove pittoo god damn

FTFY

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Ha ha, you edited it to say something else! How smart! How original! Definitely a better post than making an actual argument

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:07 pm

There's literally no point in having Dark Pit in Smash. He's a clone, both literally and in Smash terminology. And Kid Icarus doesn't need two characters, let alone three.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:43 pm

snidbert64 wrote:
There's literally no point in having Dark Pit in Smash. He's a clone, both literally and in Smash terminology. And Kid Icarus doesn't need two characters, let alone three.

man there's so much wrong with this it's amazing

okay so first off complaining about clones is pointless for a few reasons. number one: your point is "don't make him less of a clone, just remove him". why are you complaining that he's a clone while arguing against someone saying he shouldn't be a clone lol

number two: clones take basically no resources to make. especially dark pit, who's basically just pit with different custom specials instead of a new character. there's literally no point in not having them in smash. i'm sure you'd love to pretend that all the time that went into making dark pit could have been used to put ridley in the game, but that's just not true.

number three: what kinda point is "he's literally a clone" lmao. guess you want Mewtwo removed as well then? did you like, actually play Uprising? he's a distinct character.

and then we get into by far the worst part. kid icarus doesn't "need" that many characters.

even if we completely ignore that sakurai was the one who rebooted kid icarus and is therefore obviously going to put characters from it in his other game, who are you to decide which series "need" characters in smash?

the only way this post could be worse is if you said "waste of a slot"

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:31 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Gotta argue a bit, Dark Pit in his current state would be better off gone imo. He does nothing to make himself distinct from Pit. If he's gonna stay he should be tweaked in some substantial way, like Lucy

Would never want him as a full character though. If you were gonna put any resources into expanding Dark Pit, they should be put into Hades instead

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Term wrote:
Gotta argue a bit, Dark Pit in his current state would be better off gone imo. He does nothing to make himself distinct from Pit. If he's gonna stay he should be tweaked in some substantial way, like Lucy

I was responding to the "don't declone dark pit, just outright remove him" argument. if he stays in the game then i want him changed too, i was just sticking to how stupid that is
Term wrote:
Would never want him as a full character though. If you were gonna put any resources into expanding Dark Pit, they should be put into Hades instead

well the most likely option is making him like how Pit was in Brawl. not completely different but still not an entirely new character

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
or the other way around, so pit gets the old moveset and dark pit gets the uprising moveset, either ways good tho

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:28 pm

well it makes more sense for the protagonist of the series to get the new stuff

speaking of which: f*** fludd. give mario cappy or riot

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:39 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
They removed Snake for no reason and got rid of Wolf but brought back Lucas so anything goes really.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Sonario wrote:
They removed Snake for no reason

You do realise that with guest characters comes extra contract and legal work right? There are also the facts that a)Kojima, who was the main reason Snake was even in Smash, had already made it public that he was gonna leave metal gear/konami at the time, b) there were no noteworthy nintendo exclusive titles from Konami for Nintendo at the time, let alone even any metal gear games coming to nintendo consoles (last one being a Snake Eater port to 3DS) c) Konami also progressively abondoning the Metal Gear franchise. With the exception of Cloud Strife all guest characters either have a hugely succesful Nintendo exclusive games or are well-attached to Nintendo at this point (Cloud Strife being more of the representation of Square Enix who also have a decent working relationship with Nintendo), Snake was instead put in because Kojima and Sakurai were friends.

Out of every character to ever not return to Smash Snake's removal makes the most sense. I mean it sucks but that's just how it goes with guest characters.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 am
 [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next