The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:25 pm

[ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Frusciante's Sprite Realm(You gotta believe!) 

Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:
Pillow shading is shading without a light source (or the light source is inside the sprite). The colors also need more contrast, outline colors are too bright. There is little differences between your chosen colors.

Damn i tried getting like darker colors guess that didnt work out to well.....
So pillow shading is bad?

Pillow shading is a mistake spriters make.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:
Pillow shading is shading without a light source (or the light source is inside the sprite). The colors also need more contrast, outline colors are too bright. There is little differences between your chosen colors.

Damn i tried getting like darker colors guess that didnt work out to well.....
So pillow shading is bad?

Pillow shading is a mistake spriters make.

D=
So how would you fix this mistake?

Something like trying to protect yourself all the time, things like trying to outwit fate. Those things can be the worst thing you can do for yourself.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:38 pm

You find a good light source for your sprite and shade like that. Here's the perfect example.

Credits - SoD

The light source is obviously from the right side and the colors have enough contrast. Look at how the white turns into gray immediately.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:45 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:
You find a good light source for your sprite and shade like that. Here's the perfect example.

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

The light source is obviously from the right side and the colors have enough contrast. Look at how the white turns into gray immediately.

So basically its just brighter to one side and darker on the opposite correct? in that case i will try to fix it later! Thank you Medevenx for clearing that up! =)

Something like trying to protect yourself all the time, things like trying to outwit fate. Those things can be the worst thing you can do for yourself.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

So basically its just brighter to one side and darker on the opposite correct? in that case i will try to fix it later! Thank you Medevenx for clearing that up! =)

Apparently, only the skin and pants are pillow shaded. The pants' colors do not make sense as well. There is a shade of somewhat-red in the pants. You need to fix the colors first before your reshade the skin and pants. Show us the new colors before you reshade, ok?

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

Apparently, only the skin and pants are pillow shaded. The pants' colors do not make sense as well. There is a shade of somewhat-red in the pants. You need to fix the colors first before your reshade the skin and pants. Show us the new colors before you reshade, ok?

Alright ill show you the colors but i didnt use red at all in the pants, do i need new colors on the skin or is it alright?

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:02 am

Blaze [KF] wrote:
Update:
Salem and Rios! Army Of TWO!
[ Image ]
*Together Salem and Rios*
[ Image ]
*Salem*
[ Image ]
*Rios*

holy s*** that is kinda sexy!!!!!!!!!

Image2ndImageImage3rd

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:06 am

Da Beast wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
Update:
Salem and Rios! Army Of TWO!
[ Image ]
*Together Salem and Rios*
[ Image ]
*Salem*
[ Image ]
*Rios*

holy s#%$& that is kinda sexy!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna look sexier with the help of Medevenex's advice!

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 am

Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

Alright ill show you the colors but i didnt use red at all in the pants, do i need new colors on the skin or is it alright?

New colors for everything?

There is a shade of red in the pants.

Here's a review on your pallete.
YOUR skin - YOUR pants - MY megaman

Do you see how most of your colors in the skin pallete do not make sense? Also, there is a huge lack of contrast. See how my Megaman pallete has a good dark color for the last shade and a good light color for the first shade. Resulting in good contrasted shading.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:16 am

-Medevenx- wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:
Blaze [KF] wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

New colors for everything?

There is a shade of red in the pants.

Here's a review on your pallete.
YOUR skin - YOUR pants - MY megaman

Do you see how most of your colors in the skin pallete do not make sense? Also, there is a huge lack of contrast. See how my Megaman pallete has a good dark color for the last shade and a good light color for the first shade. Resulting in good contrasted shading.

Yup i see it and dude thats brown not red...well in paint it was brown, and its brown here maybe its our computers showing diffrent colors or something?
Ill try to pick a good pallete and PM it too you if its alright...

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:20 am

Red is the root of brown. Okay, send it to me in PM.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 am

-Medevenx- wrote:
Red is the root of brown. Okay, send it to me in PM.

wait so how would i get the camo right?.....and ill send it to you tomorrow probably im kinda ehh to work on it right now...

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:27 am

Not that anyone cares but....
ima take a break from spriting for awhile...ill sprite again...but not soon...sorry to those who enjoy it and too does who dont well...lol got nothing to say..anyways yeah i have other things to work on right now and i cant sprite at all so sorry...

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:26 pm

-Medevenx- wrote:

[ Image ]
Credits - SoD

That's a bad example on several accounts. Posing being the most extreme one of them.

The trick is to block out the difference between shadows and lights. Something is either in shadow, or it is in light. The rest is just midtones.

Note that cast shadows (shadows cast from one object onto another, like the head onto the shoulder) have hard edges, while form shadows (shadows around the form of the object, like around someone's stomach) have soft edges.

Style [Stayl] (n) - One's unique and personal method of defacing a perfectly good piece of paper.

READ THIS: http://ipgd.freehostia.com/copypasta.html

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:15 pm

I guess i should finally post my custom Blaze!
Now with no Hitsugaya!

Oh and i tried giving this new version of Blaze a Mitsurugi kinda of stance from Soul Calibur...Thoughts?

Also Phratt im back if you havent gotten my message...
and Korah you know lol

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:07 pm
 [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next