The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:28 pm

[ 15 posts ] 
Second RP character. 

Location: In the site that never was, battling noobs with Way to the Flamer.
Name: Corbin Andrews
Race: Human
Physical Description:
Corbin is of average height, reaching an height of almost 5' 8". His black hair is short and a bit unkempt and generally has a slight stubble. He isn't exactly handsome, but he is most certainly not ugly either. The thing standing out most on his face is his slightly crooked nose which he has broken on more than one occasion during his early days. If only he allowed himself to smile or look friendly, his blue eyes would be considered friendly, but now they are just cold.

Due to the nature of his profession, he prefers speed over strength though this does not mean he has no strength at all. His body is lean and his muscles are pronounced. One needs to only look at him to realize he is agile and dexterous. Always clothed in mottled grays, he spares no expenses to get the best materials for his clothing and gear. He wears these clothes over his light leather chest armor (which was made of the finest leather).

Fingerless leather gloves are worn on both hands and his leather boots are made of such exquisite material that they make moving silently almost effortlessly. To finish it off, a silk cloth of the same mottled gray as his clothing is worn around his neck which he can use to cover most of his face. He typically only carries two weapons with him. A hidden, retractable blade in his right glove and a simple yet well made long sword.

Personality:
Cold and professional. An air of control is always surrounding him. No matter who he is speaking with, Corbin is the one in charge of the conversation. Despite being an assassin, he is no cold blooded murderer. Innocents who get in the way are killed without remorse, though he always feels a pang of anger at this, not because he killed someone and feels regret but because it is unprofessional. The meaning of the word 'friend' is wasted on him. People can be useful, loyal and sometimes even trusted, but friendship is something unknown to him.

He has thought of breaking away from the life he leads, but he can not. It is not that he enjoys killing people, for he doesn’t (he has no qualms about it either of course). No, what he enjoys is the challenge. The of tracking the target, studying him/her and then finally killing him/her in such a way as to get just the right reaction. It is almost like an art and Corbin is a dedicated, professional artist.

History:
Corbin was born in a prestigious family of mages. Sadly for him, he had no talent and as such was shunned by his family. However, just because he wasn't talented in the way his family had wanted, doesn't mean he wasn't talented at all. No, Corbin had one specific magic that he could use: imaging. Using this magic, he could create temporary items. The greatest weakness in this magic however, is the mind of the user. Creating an unbreakable sword for example is hard, because even the slightest sliver of doubt will cause it to fail. The blade would still be powerful, and near unbreakable but a sliver of doubt during the imaging process will cause it to not be perfect.

Most people do not have the discipline to use this magic to it's fullest or the huge amount of mana to create special items. Corbin however, has mastered this one skill to such a level that he has the discipline and, due to his special attunement to the magic, he requires much less mana than others.

Either way, shunned by his family he spend most of his time in town and eventually ran away from home. He hadn't exactly thought things through and thus his life took a turn for the worse. He lived off the street and eventually he accidentally witnessed his soon-to-be master during a job. Being sick of feeling weak, afraid and worried about how the hell he was supposed to get food, he took the biggest risk in his life. He followed the assassin.

After finding him... well the assassin showed himself to warn the boy to stop following him, he pleaded to be trained. The man turned him down and shooed him away. Corbin however, was relentless and kept looking for him to beg again. In the end, the assassin relented and gave him a task. If he could complete it, he would train the boy. Corbin managed to do it, though barely, and true to his word, the assassin took him as an apprentice.

After years of training, he had become a fine assassin. Both Corbin and his master traveled to the village where he was born. This would be Corbin's master piece. If he succeeded, he would be acknowledged as a full fledged assassin of the Circle. It was a solo kill. Not just any kill, but the target lived in a mansion even better guarded than the one his family owned. Naturally, he returned successfully but did not find his master. While searching, he noticed there was a fire coming from his family's mansion and he rushed over. Despite always being shunned, he felt he had to help. It was there that he found his master. What was more, he was holding a torch and threw it at the burning mansion.

Enraged Corbin fought with the one man he knew he had no chance of beating. But, due to the years of training, he knew his masters habits. And while Corbin had grown stronger and faster, age had caught up with his master. And thus, after a fierce fight, Corbin emerged victorious. He demanded to know why his master would do such a thing. There was no contract for his family. It was unprofessional and unlike his master. His master said he had done it for Corbin's sake. Now he had no more ties to his old live. No nooses an enemy could pull. "I'm getting to old for this kid." His master had told him. "I was proud of you. And now, I shall give you one last present."

A part of Corbin was enraged, another saddened as he to had grown to like his old master. His master's final present, was the name 'Corbin'. The very name his master had always used. It was tradition in their circle. Once the apprentice became the master, he would take on his masters name. As such, their circle had grown legendary, as their assassins were “immortal”.

In the following years, Corbin caused the legends attached to his name to grow to new heights. Many knew his name, but few knew just who he was. He has since seen all of Valear to fulfill his contracts. Mostly assassinations, but he has taken on other contracts for numerous reasons such as excellent payment, to get on someone’s good side, etc. etc.

Last edited by Forre on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

This is... Quite suprisingly good! Not that I didn't expect it to be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good. Whadda I think, you ask..? I... Umm... Uhh... I see no real flaws in it, other than maybe a grammatical error here and there, and thus I praise you. Although as that is coming from me, a fairly inexperienced RPer, and not a pro (Hakker, Nini), I can't promise the same from others.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm

It took a while to think of this. Thanks for the compliment, too.
And I said I roleplayed at other sites too.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Yeah, I know. Still didn't expect it to be this good though. Dangit, why is my RP the only one currently active? It can get a bit annoying DMing ALL the time... On that note, where/when do you plan on playing as him?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Eh, could I make it a second character for your RP?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Perdy much, yeah. The only thing that worries me is how powerfull his magic can be.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Should I just not use the magic and use his weapons instead?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Naw, I really just need to know the limits of his abilities, and you could probably make it so it doesn't last forever, ecpecially with an indestructable sword.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

That might be a no-can-do. But I can limit the use of magic and make him lose grip of his sword at times. Just to be fair.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Well, you should probably make it so there can only be one item at a time, and make the composition of the object take a while depending on said object.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Oh sure. That's a Can-do.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Good. That should be FAIRLY balanced. It's missing an abilities section though, so nobody knows how good an assassin he is.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 pm

He's just your average assassin.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:57 pm

I see. Well, I suppose I have nothing else to say. Looking forward to watching you play as him.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Thank you.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:23 pm
 [ 15 posts ]