The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

[ 941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 63  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XV: SSBMafia! [ GAME! ] 

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
OK, another question:

Why JC and not Shoop? Out of the Ike duo, Shoop was the most interesting of them, meaning, he was the one drawing our attention. Protecting JC wasn't that needed compared to Shoop.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
In all honesty 135 I've only been loosely following the game. I'd like to get an ISO or something as well as those reads you asked for later today. No lynching please.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 am

194 If you're not still set in self hammering I'll ISO you.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Working on an uber post but here's an interesting tid bit while you wait.
194 wrote:
Hold it.

There's something inherently bogus on this claim. Of all characters needing a "double" to work, I wouldn't precisely think of Ike. Also, there's no reason to think JC is Ike except of some metadata, and that's like saying Lucina picked Marth. Finally, again, I don't see the reason for Shoop to be giving this information. The onylt hing you have done is to give Mafia tons of useful information. I think there's something here, but I can't find what.

Shoop, you are one of the Ice Climbers, right?

194 wrote:
OK, I will explain myself. I was waiting for Day 3 but I guess the sooner, the better.

I'm Popo, the leader of the Ice Climbers. In Night 1, I was given the chance to pick any player to become Nana. The alliance with Nana would give me a roleblocking ability (Blizzard) at the cost of creating a one-and-a-half lovers bond: If Nana dies, I'll become a vanilla player. If Popo (me) dies, Nana will die with me. Also, this bond would allow both of us to talk at night. The moderator hasn't informed either part of the alignment of each other, so Terra is not confirmed on my end.

I visited Terra last night and since then, he's my Nana. I suspect him as one of the scum members, which pretty much means I hold him hostage. That is, from my point of view, the reason Mafia hasn't speedlynched me: if they do, they lose Terra.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Here's a compilation of the reads of everyone who posted them in a big post on Day 1.
I have yet to analyze them but now that we know that Lucina, Arthur and Shoop were town, this is a goldmine for information.

TOWK: show
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
These are my reads so far
1. [:] - Confirmed
While I don't agree with his Pvoting idea, I don't really think scum would suggest that, so null-town for now.
2. Lucina - Confirmed
Mostly null, maybe a little town
3. 194 - Confirmed
Been trying to keep the game going, been contributing nicely. Prob town
4. Dephius - Confirmed
I can never f#%$& tell with this guy unless he does something super scummy, so he'll probably remain null until that happens
5. Blood - Confirmed
Didn't like his "RVS because whatever" post, and don't like his excuse of reaction test. Scummy
6. Thomas Terminator - Confirmed
Has he even said anything yet I can't remember. Null
7. Mr. Flash & Flame - Confirmed
Same as TT
8. King Kyuubit - Confirmed
Meh, he's been pretty active and hasn't done anything to irk me. Null-town
9. Mr. Shoop - Confirmed
I didn't like that "joke" of his earlier, which sounded a lot like rolefishing to me. Of course it is Shoop so Null-Scum
10. Terra - Confirmed
Definitely gonna keep my eye on him, because I don't like his 1st (which he's asked already) and 2nd RQS questions. Null-Scum
11. JamesClyde - Confirmed
I don't remember really anything he's said. Null
12. King Arthur - Confirmed
Another guy I can't really ever read correctly. Null
14. Dr. Geno - Confirmed
Whom I guess is Den now, I don't remember him saying anything except hello. Null
15. Krillin III
Just found out he's in the game I guess lol. Null
Lucina wrote:
Gonna go ahead and post my reads.
My humps: show
1. [:] - A true enigma. I wouldn't have put F&F at risk like that. Then again, I'm not a very good mafia player. Null leaning towards town

2. Lucina - Town Marth and that's all you need to know.

3. 194 - I don't agree with most things he says. Null leaning towards scum

4. Dephius - Was okay with Flash & Flame blowing up on the spot, though I guess he changed his attitude. Null

5. Blood - Doesn't seem to think JC and Shoop are town. I say that there are way too many scummy people in this game for them to take up half the mafia. Null

6. Thomas Terminator - Happy birthday man. Post more please

7. Mr. Flash & Flame - Inactive, but not in the scummy sense. Null

8. King Kyuubit - A post here, a post there, posts here and there. Null

9. Mr. Shoop - Confirmed Ike, attracted a lot of attention earlier. Null leaning towards town

10. Terra - Is contributing well imo. And not in the "Hey I'm doing this just so you'll trust me, heh heh" kind of way. Leaning towards town.

11. JamesClyde - Confirmed other Ike, hasn't done much except pass the bomb to his bro lol. Null

12. King Arthur - Is playing bad scum or playing really bad town. Leaning towards scum

13. TheOneWhoKnocks - Just seems to me like he's putting up an act. Null

14. Densetsu - Just replaced Ramsey ;_; haven't seen much. Null

15. Krillin III - Has been wrong with most things he says, which makes me wonder where the skills he was talking about, are. Leaning towards scum
[/box]
194 wrote:
1. [:] - Null/Null. He is moving the game, but this bomb drama has me watching him.
2. Lucina - Slight scum. Also, yes, I knew you were going to play as Marth anyway, but there was no need to bring this attention to yourself when we have bigger fish to fry.
3. 194 - obvscum lynch pls
4. Dephius - Hasn't done much, leaning towards scum because town deph tends to be more active.
5. Blood - Null, this guy could be anything. I'm waiting for you to contribute more.
6. Thomas Terminator - He's playing? Null
7. Mr. Flash & Flame - Came around really confused. Make sure to get into the game as fast as you can.
8. King Kyuubit - Looks town to me, playing observant and smart.
9. Mr. Shoop - Confirmed Ike is confirmed.
10. Terra - I fee you need to play "real" a bit, I'm missing you a bit.
11. JamesClyde - Confirmed Ike is confirmed.
12. King Arthur - Null.
13. TheOneWhoKnocks - Null, slight slight slight town, but I'm not convinced yet
14. Dr. Geno - I miss you =(
15. Krillin III - Dude, please plugin into this game, the sooner the better.
Blood wrote:
reads: show
194:slightly scummy
[:]:Slightly townish
Lucina:Null
Dephius:slightly scummy
King Arthur:Scummy, with possibility of being bad town.
TOWK:Null
Terra:Slightly townish
Krillin:Scummy, with possibility of being new townie.
F&F:Slightly scummy, possibility of bad townie
Thomas terminator:Null
Shoop:Null
JC:Slightly townish
Kyuubit:Null
Densetsu/Dr.Geno:Null
[:] wrote:
Reads they are mine: show
: Tier 1 leaning tier 2 (leaning tier 3)

2. Lucina - Confirmed
Town leaning null, arguments I agree with, slight tinge of being careful but only slight.

3. 194 - Confirmed
Scum leaning null, no body to his posts.

4. Dephius - Confirmed
What on earth leaning town, occasional nonsensical ramblings, ridiculously scummy posts combined with generic Dephius.
Logic dictates that he is scummy but my scumdar says otherwise.

5. Blood - Confirmed
Null leaning town, slightly watery posts, contributing.

6. Thomas Terminator - Confirmed
Null leaning null for too long, leaning a smidgen to the scum side because he's been online on Skype most of the day and hasn't posted anything of great viscosity during the whole game.

7. Mr. Flash & Flame - Confirmed
Null leaning null because there's nothing to read.

8. King Kyuubit - Confirmed
Null leaning null leaning town. Post style is the same as town Kyuubit, but about 20% as active and 30% as beneficial to the town.

9. Mr. Shoop - Confirmed
Town leaning on the scummy side of null, big fiasco about his role, but confirmed by another player. Possible Terra from Special, otherwise not much to go off.

10. Terra - Confirmed
Null leaning on the townie side of town. Been helping a bit but posts haven't gotten the town as far along as I'd like.

11. JamesClyde - Confirmed
Town leaning on the townie side of null, hasn't contributed much except one exchange with someone I don't remember. Confirmed Ike.

12. King Arthur - Confirmed
Scum leaning scum leaning inexperienced town. Too much splenda, too much using R to jump on people (I'm sorry your avi reminds me of J4) not enough Demacian Standard.

13. TheOneWhoKnocks - Confirmed
Mistery leaning scum. Strong scum read for the majority of the game until I re-read his posts by themselves. I think he looks more scummy in context.

14. Densetsu - Confirmed
>Bookshelf
>Will you search the Bookshelf?
>Yes / No

>| Yes |

> ...

>You find nothing of interest.

15. Krillin III - Confirmed
What on earth leaning inexperienced town leaning scum. If this guy is scum and he is not dumb scum then he is an absolute genius and should be voted mafia player of the year.
Because he fakes clueless somethingorother really well.

Part of an earlier post I never posted wrote:
194 wrote:
1. [:] - Null/Null. He is moving the game, but this bomb drama has me watching him.
First you were watching me about Pseudovotes, but now that isn't bothering you?
2. Lucina - Slight scum. Also, yes, I knew you were going to play as Marth anyway, but there was no need to bring this attention to yourself when we have bigger fish to fry.
Which bigger fish?
3. 194 - obvscum lynch pls
Mm
4. Dephius - Hasn't done much, leaning towards scum because town deph tends to be more active.
5. Blood - Null, this guy could be anything. I'm waiting for you to contribute more.
Blood has posted less than most people but he's contributed more than most people.
6. Thomas Terminator - He's playing? Null
7. Mr. Flash & Flame - Came around really confused. Make sure to get into the game as fast as you can.
8. King Kyuubit - Looks town to me, playing observant and smart.
Never seen a scum Kyuubit so it's hard to tell. I'm not convinced. He isn't really playing Mafia, he's playing posts on a forum.
9. Mr. Shoop - Confirmed Ike is confirmed.
10. Terra - I fee you need to play "real" a bit, I'm missing you a bit.
Dunno. I get a town vibe from Terra but I haven't seen much scum Terra.
11. JamesClyde - Confirmed Ike is confirmed.
12. King Arthur - Null.
King Arthur keeps jumping on people for no reason.
13. TheOneWhoKnocks - Null, slight slight slight town, but I'm not convinced yet
14. Dr. Geno - I miss you =(
;c
15. Krillin III - Dude, please plugin into this game, the sooner the better.
@Deph: Could you rephrase that please?
@194: Could you please please start making your own posts instead of criticizing everyone else's?
@Lucina: Going to play the Brik is my brother card here and say I knew he was at a fencing camp and I know he probably wouldn't have let us kill anyone for being inactive.

TOWK I can't tell if you're scum or not if you keep being hard to read. Honestly.
Mr. Shoop wrote:
Oboe reeds, sax reeds, clarinet reeds, get them here: show
Reeds. Reads. I'm hilarious.

Town: None
Leaning Town: Lucina, [:], Terra, JC
Null Read: Krillin, Densetsu, Dephius, Thomas Terminator, Kyuubit, 194, Blood
Leaning Scum: Arthur, TOWK, Flash & Flame
Scum: None

I do not have concrete proof yet that JC is my double, so for now he is not confirmed in my book. We'll see about this.

Flash & Flame has been pretty quiet.

Arthur and TOWK seemed to be buddying during the whole fiasco about my role.
Dephius wrote:
In no particular order: show
Town: 194, Lucina, Kyuubit, TOWK
Null: Blood, JC, Shoop, F&F, Densetsu, Terra, Thomas Terminator, DJ, Arthur
Scum: Krillin
King Arthur wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Some quick reads:
194: Trying to get the game going, I've got a town read on him.
Terra: Honestly the same as 194, doing a psuedovote count, and brought up those questions, town read right here.
Kyuubit: Had some very good, logical, and well-thought-out answers to the questions. Leaning towards town.
Blood: Claiming a double-vote post as a reaction test was really scummy, and while claiming it as a way to gain pressure makes sense, any scum member could also just throw that on there. Before I say anything about you being scum or town, I need a bit more information.
Everybody else: Post a bit more, please.

My early reads for comparison.

194: You've kinda moved from town to null, not really getting the game going anymore.
Terra: Still a slight town read, because of the psuedovote count.
Kyuubit: See my reads before.
Blood: Tried to get some pressure on everybody, slight-town.
Shoop: You're confirmed Ike, but roles went out AFTER ALIGNMENTS, you could both be town, both be scum, or one of you could be TP. Also that feeling when you find out we're in the same state, iirc you mentioned something about Ohio weather a few times
JC: ^^^^^
[:]: A really experience Mafia player who seems to be scumhunting, thinks I'm scummy but I'm fairly stupid at the start of most games so w/e, but throwing the bomb at F&F was fairly scummy.
Lucina: That read on TOWK and I buddying was kinda scummy.
F&F: Null
Thomas Terminator: Happy birthday, pal/Null post more please.
Dephius: I honestly want to think town, but a few more posts would help out.
Krillin: Forgot about Mafia 5, not taking this seriously, kinda scummy.
Geno/Densetsu: COME BACK TO THE FORUMS/Null
Terra wrote:
@194: Possibly because I'm taking a more observing style instead of tunneling and trying to get my suspects lynched through sheer force of will alone.

Readz:
Town(S>W):DJ, TOWK, 194, JC.
Null(Town>Scum): Luc, Kyuubit, Shoop, F&F, Deph, Den, Blood, Thomas.
Scum(S>W): Arthur, Krillin.

194's play is less active but more perceptive, unlike the usually observant, rushing 194-scum that I played with in 11. 194 could play like this though: I am wary of purposeful shifts in playstyle.
I read DJ as town. Pretty active play, been contributing well in some areas but eh.
Luc and Blood are people I've played with before, and looking at their past games Luc is playing like 14 and Blood is playing like in 14 as well. I mean town Blood would be more observant(see All-Stars), but it's too early to make conclusions.
Arthur I have explained, but I'll get into a long newbtown/newbscum rant soon.

At this point a lot of my reads are null, so don't take this too seriously as of yet.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am
SSF2 Developer

Hm, reading...well, reads. So far, I noticed Terra had had a Town read on 194 even before Day 2? Seems like he thought 194 is Town-Sided all along?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:53 pm

194 ISO: show
194 wrote:
Mr. Shoop wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Pressure wagons obviously wont work, putting someone at L-1 is much more threatening as no one can remove their votes. That's pretty much all I can think of right now.

What does everyone think of Shoop's rolefishing?

You mean my joke?

I'll be honest: I'm starting to get bored of you "joking" at the start of the games. It ends up bringing WIFOM and no one likes WIFOM.
I'm not suspicious of you yet, but I'd like to not see this joke stuff again.

Glad someone did this. I was getting sick of Shoops joking.

194 wrote:
Mr. Shoop wrote:
Pseudovote sounds cooler.

Pesudovote: TOWK

Actually, it does not. FoS stands for "finger of suspicion", which is a direct suspicion. Pseudovote is just a way to avoid voting.

FoS and Pseudovote are essentially the same thing.
194 wrote:
Blood wrote:
Thanks for biting the bait people.
Two votes in the same post don't count, I already knew that, but I was sure that some others might not have read over that little detail. In other words I was able to successfully get a reaction without doing any sort of damage. Didn't you think it was kind of odd how I was all let's be cautious and then immediately jumped on two people? Even if I was a mafia that would be incredibly stupid. I'll be going over the reactions shortly.

Sure, we are all buying this.
It looks to me like you did a mistake and are now trying to come with an explanation.

At first i agreed with this, but it does seem like a trick Blood would do. Although his "reaction-test" excuse did seem pretty convienent.
194 wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
If we're going to use votes, we shouldn't use them if they put anybody really close to a lynch, like L-3 or something.

Generic reasoning here! This applies to pretty much any mafia game I know. Why did you think it was important to say now?

Why not? There's always some joker who throws his votes around.
194 wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop, please explain that vote. else, I'll have to use mine.

I should use this against DJ more often, I hate his votes that pop up out of nowhere with no explanation, especially here where we can't unvote.
194 wrote:
Mr. Shoop wrote:
Fiasco is a fun word.

And that's ALL you have to say? Really?

Come on, do something. I don't know what your strategy is or if you even have any, but if it implies to stop here and leave you unprotected, I will happily pull a policy lynch on you.

194 really is trying to get Shoop to take the game seriously. This post, along with about 70 others complaining about inactivity are towntells.

194 wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Terra wrote:
If Thomas continues to use a string of RL excuses to get out of producing content he should either replace out
yes
or we lynch him because that's what scum would do.
no

Actually yes, scum would lynch inactive players because they are an easy target.
FoS: Terra

True, look at DJ when he passed the bomb to Flash and Flame.
194 wrote:
Before I forget:

Pass: Krillin III

Goodie, I was hoping someone would use the bomb on te VI.
194 wrote:
Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Terra wrote:
I have to agree with this. There's no logical reason not to.
Vote: Explode

If there's no logical reason not to, why didn't you do it when I suggested it originally?
Buddying the most town player, perhaps?

Ignorance+Scattered mind.

I get distracted really easily as town for some reason.

Hey Krillin, mind responding to my accusation?

Hold it! I don't like this post at all. In a single line, you are blaming a problem in your game to the fact that you "are town". This is like, the worst possible explanation you could have given. Not only you try to sneakily hide a problem spot in your game under our sight, but you also try to correlate it with your alignment.

Pseudovote: Terra

This post made me realize Terra falls back on meta alot.
194 wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Maybe they don't get a choice in who they put votes on. Maybe there's other parameters that dictates who gets the votes. Even if it was a scum thing why in the hell would they put a vote on DJ?

Isn't it obvious?

If he's town, they would just need a single vote on him to get him on a KO position, after a quicklynch combo. As I have stated previously, being in 6 v 4 v 1 is technically Lylo. If they get to hit any player with a 10% hit already, it leaves us at 5v4v1 which is pretty much our loss.

I'm extremely surprised you aren't noticing this trend. Are you playing fool? FoS: TheOneWhoKnocks

I don't see how a simple misunderstanding is him playing a fool.
194 wrote:
135 wrote:
Nope, I am not aware of anyone who visited me. I did visit a person, however, but they also have 10% starting today.

>I did visit a person
>but they also have 10%

>a person
>they

So, how many people did you visit last night?

This post irks me. He's nitpicking based off valid sentence structure.
194 wrote:
Dephius wrote:
You want to see reaction testing, or are you some sort of fool?

No, I just want to see people voting. I mean, this situation is MyLo and it could be LyLo depending on night actions, so the few action people are taking worries me a lot. And, if I happen to be your only "lead suspicion" then why are you people not voting me?

So it's MyLo and could be LyLo but you want votes?
194 wrote:
OK, I will explain myself. I was waiting for Day 3 but I guess the sooner, the better.

I'm Popo, the leader of the Ice Climbers. In Night 1, I was given the chance to pick any player to become Nana. The alliance with Nana would give me a roleblocking ability (Blizzard) at the cost of creating a one-and-a-half lovers bond: If Nana dies, I'll become a vanilla player. If Popo (me) dies, Nana will die with me. Also, this bond would allow both of us to talk at night. The moderator hasn't informed either part of the alignment of each other, so Terra is not confirmed on my end.

I visited Terra last night and since then, he's my Nana. I suspect him as one of the scum members, which pretty much means I hold him hostage. That is, from my point of view, the reason Mafia hasn't speedlynched me: if they do, they lose Terra.

This is a very believable claim. Sounds like something Brik would make up. However, one part I don't like is how he states that the other person he visits does not know he visited them. That's pretty convenient for picking out a target to lynch.
194 wrote:
HOLD IT!
But the sentence "I don't think it will work for all of us" implies it could work for some of us.

Again with this nitpicking. You should know what I mean 194, I'm not making little underlying messages.
194 wrote:
Densetsu wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:
This is my intent to lynch 194, if there are any objections let them be known (particularly if my logic is flawed)

Semi-objection: 194 has already announced intent to hammer himself, unless that's changed recently.

Yes, I still want to. My only problem is that I was waiting for Terra's reads/claim, but that won't happen soon...

DR, if you want to lynch me, go ahead.

Well we got his claim and reads.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

194seems like he's out to help the town. With a believable claim to boot, I dunno why so many votes are on him.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:02 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Pretty sure they were all there before the claim, so obviously some people didn't agree he was helping the town

AMA

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Hmm... I have my doubts with Terra's claim. I'm not fully convinced of it. It sounds like the usual gimmick of "super powerful but hard to prove role" scum pulls when forced to claim. I'd like your opinions on it, to see if I hammer or not.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 pm
BR Member

Dephius wrote:
194seems like he's out to help the town. With a believable claim to boot, I dunno why so many votes are on him.

IIRC the idea was that because of a lot of inconsistencies between Terra and 194 one of the two is likely scum, and lynching 194 would cause them both to die. Though I'm not sure why we're not just lynching Terra.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:23 pm

OK, you know what, I'll trust myself on this. I put this game in your hands, fellow players.

Vote: 194

Make sure to check on DJ Wiz, DR, Densetsu and Deph (lol D Mafia), oh and Kyuubit too. Blood and TOWK throw town light on all directions. I'm sure I'm doing the right thing here, and I hope to not be mistaken.

inb4 I fell straight into the Mafia's trap and we lost. I don't care, the risk had to be taken.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 pm
SSF2 Developer

Farewell, 194.

Here's hoping things turn out as you planned them.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 pm
SSF2 Developer

Still wondering though, why didn't you just push for Terra Lynch?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
WHAT IN THE WORLD, 194? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING AS TO HAMMER YOURSELF

ARE YOU SERIOUS? AHGRJKWHAEKJHRKJEHFKJBK

*tries to calm down*

Allright, Serial Killer/Cultist/Inquisitor, please kill the mafia for us if you're still there. You're the only shot at stopping the mafia.

Refer to my reads for who I think is scum, and have fun trying to win when the town equals the mafia member's numbers.

194, you did bring this upon yourself.

We have a very slim chance of winning, but it's still a shot. Do your best, people: win for me.

Exeunt, mes amis.

~Terra

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 pm
 [ 941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 63  Next