The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
that's not an excuse to make him broken in smash.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:24 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Guess you're right about that, but I've updated it now.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:29 am

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Name: Sonic (Full Throttle)

Availability: Expansion Starter

Weight: Medium

Jump Animation: Shadow's jump animation from Sonic Battle.

Crouch: His crouch animation in Sonic Advance 3.

Walking Animation: His current run animation in SSF2 v0.9b.

Running Animation: His Project M Running animation.

Idle: Crosses his arms and taps his foot impatiently.

Standard Combo
Since this is going to be a mouthful, we'll start off with the standard combo. Simple hit the A button three times like normally and you'll do the usual 3 hit combo, though the kick will work similarly to Ganon's Sparta Kick. However, if you hold A during the second punch and keep holding it, the combo you use intstead will be 3 punches, 3 kicks (The first two being the Sonic Battle ones), then the leaping spin kick (Also from SB), a slide in the middle of that, then a sweep, the two upward kicks of u-tilt, and then finally the usual side kick at then end. Looks like a lot, I know...and it is. XD; As to be expected though, not all of these attacks will reach their destination each and every time just because you're holding A. There's a chance someone will get knocked behind you (Link >_>), or that you'll end up jumping over them during spinning kick. (Pikachu. >_>) Also, if you let go of the A button anytime during it, you'll cancel the chain and he'll stop, leaving you either open for an attack, or ready to chain into a different attack. 6-8%

Next is the D-Tilt combo.

Down Tilt
First he starts with the sweep kick, which can actually be used continuously if you hit the attack button again instead of holding it. If you hold the attack button again, he'll spin in a full circle for a second sweep, then he uses his original side tilt which will actually pull you in closer, then finishes it off with the dance kick from Sonic Battle, Sonic Flare. 9%-Normal D-Tilts. 11% if additonal hits are used.

Up Tilt
The usual double kicks, hold the attack button and you'll do a sweep to pull the enemy closer, then you'll go into Sonic somersault kick, Sonic Updraft. 8%-Normal Up Tilts. 10%-if additional hits are added.

Side tilt
This one's a bit tricky at times.First off, Sonic kicks will launch the enemy forward, and possibly a little upward. Hold A and he'll go into his windmill kick. After that, he'll go into his slide attack. Be careful of when he does the slide, as he moves for awhile, and kinda fast. I wouldn't recommend using this towards the side of a walk off stage. 9-11%

Dash Attack
The slide attack gives Sonic a little more forward momentum. But if you hold the attack button, he will do 2 sweep kicks with the trip properties of Link's D-Tilt. 6-8% if additional hits are added.

Side Smash
About the only thing different with F-Smash is the animation used for the start up and charge. I never liked how it looked when he swing his fist around like they're in some cartoon. 14 uncharged-20% fully charged.

Down Smash
A split kick. 12 uncharged-19% charged fully.

Up Smash
He uppercuts an opponent like in the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMiuYuPuy0 at 0:44. 13 uncharged-17% charged fully.

Neutral Air
Sonic with use a Screw Attack-esque move, hitting you 5 times before knocking you off him on the 6th hit.

Forward Air
Sonic basically performs a somersault kick downwards and spikes the enemy.

Back Air
This is basically just a faster version of his normal B-Air.

Down Air
And now for D-Air, Sonic Adventure 2's version of the Bounce Attack.
Sonic rises up a little before launching down and once he launches down and hits the opponent, he'll bounce off of them, inflicting a weak spike on them. He also bounces off the ground. When Sonic bounces off the ground, hold B to dash forward with an air dash.

Neutral B
Homing Attack

The Homing Attack lock on targets better, but only if they're in front of, above or under you.
He moves forward faster now and often even goes straight forward to the target. Other times, he'll curve a bit extra to get a dodging enemy, or change directions in the middle of the attack. However, when he uses it and someone is behind him, he tends to go too slow and is wide open but I think it makes a decent weakness compared to the next thing I'm going to explain.

If you hold B after using Homing Attack, Sonic will go forward again with another homing attack. However, it won't lock on at all. If you hold A however, he'll start moving forwards but the range will be shorter and the damage gets weaker. each time. If you keep holding the special, he'll go forward constantly until you release the special button which then, if he goes into his fall animation for when you miss in midair and puts him in a helpless state. When Sonic lands like this, there will be a little lag are IASA frames so you can move as you please.
Neutral B's Landing animation is the crouch from Sonic Unleashed. 6% first attack-11% if additional are added.

Side-B
He curls into a ball, as if to perform a Spin Dash, however, the user instead creates a shock wave, whilst jumping backwards from recoil. This move can also be aimed, and the wave can also carry opponents due to the knockback and the projectile speed, depending on such a placement it can deal damage twice. 12%

Down B
Auto - Spin Charge
Auto-Spin Charge can be powered up by holding the button instead of repeatedly pressing it. However, it is harder to control.

Up B
When used on the ground, the spring remains in place for a while, allowing other characters to use it, too. If this move is used in the air, the spring falls downwards, acting as a projectile, making it effective for edgeguarding. After using this move, Sonic will not enter into helpless state; he still retains the ability to use normal aerial attacks and air dodges, but will be unable to use Special Moves until he touches the ground. Additionally, this move does not allow Sonic to grab any ledges onstage (i.e. auto-sweetspot) until he is finished gaining vertical distance, making it dangerous for recovery if Sonic goes above a ledge and exposed to an edgeguarder. Barring any outside influence, the spring will remain on the ground long enough for Sonic to do three jumps off of, disappearing just as he makes his third jump. Unlike the Spring item, it will always face straight up, even on a steep slope. If Sonic bounces off a previously set Spring, even his own, it doesn't count as his third jump, as long as he doesn't land on it immediately after using it, so he can use Spring Jump immediately afterwards, gaining a great deal of height, essentially two back-to-back Up Special Moves. 12%.

Aerial Side B
Aerial Sonic Boost
Keep in mind that when you use this, you don't have to hold B, just hold the direction you want to go to. Although, if you let go and he is still in the air he will be in a helpless state. This will travel at 1/2 of FD. 15%

Aerial Down B
This move can also be used an unlimited amount of times in the air, thus allowing him to recover if opponents try to edgeguard him. If Stomp is used when no opponent is nearby, Sonic air dashes forward at a downward diagonal angle. If Sonic does not hit anybody with it and hits the ground, he will stall for a second, leaving him open. Sonic may aim his Stomp once performed. Also, pressing the attack button will make him use the attack faster. It will, however, slightly decrease its accuracy. It also possesses a unique quality, in that it tries to hit the opponent's side facing away from Sonic by traveling over them. This property means that it only hits effectively when the opponent is moving away from him on the ground, or traveling towards them in the air, making it an effective recovery gimping, and combined with his naturally good recovery, it gives Sonic a large edgeguarding potential, giving him the chance to disrupt their movement possibility. 12%

Fanfare Theme
Sonic Lost World Results

Victory Poses
Sonic's Lost World "Act Clear" animation.

Taunts
Up Taunt: Says "Heh heh!" and tosses the fake Chaos Emerald up and down.
Side Taunt: Eats a chili dog while looking at the screen. Heals 5%.
Down taunt: Performs a breakdancing spin, saying "Come on! Step it up!"

Last edited by MaskedShadow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Change the aerial Side B. That move was literally why Sonic was broken in that demo. The rest looks kinda uninspired too. I get that you are a Sonic fan, but I think you should make more than just a clone. Also funny how Homing Attack gets weaker with consecutive use, but deals more damage every time.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
You replaced the "You're too slow"?
Instant letdown

Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Crono (Chrono Trigger):

Source Game: Chrono Trigger (SNES)

General info:
Size: Medium
Idle: Makes his battle stance (stands, holds his katana close to his face, and points it forward)
Weight: Crono is a middleweight.
Dash speed: I'm designing Crono as a fast combo-oriented character, so his dashing speed is roughly 11.4, between ZSS and Goku
Air attributes: His air speed is fairly high, so his air acceleration is about 1. He is alao a high faller.
Entrance: Walks out of a normal gate.
Jumps: 2

Ground Attacks:
Jab - Slashes right horizontally with his left Katana, then in the opposite direction, before performing a double lunging slash. The jab is used as a combo finisher as it has a respectable amount of KO power.
F-Tilt - A double stab forward with his two katanas. Has a sweetspot at the tip, which delivers increased KO power, whilst the sourspot sends opponents upwards for combos.
U-Tilt - An overhead swipe with his left Katana. Good combo potential and can link into itself at low percents.
D-Tilt - A double outward slash with the two blades. Good range and combo potential.
Dash Attack - Dives forward whilst stabbing with the left Katana. The move has a hitbox that sends people upwards and the move can be jumped out of if it connects in order to combo. Moves Crono forward significantly
F-Smash - Crono grounds the foe with a downwards slash from his right Katana before slashing to the right with his left Katana. Great KO power, as it is his best KO move, but the endlag is severe.
U-Smash - Slashes above him with both swords, then out again in a similar manner to Greninja's USmash. The first hit is designed to knock the foe into the upper sweetspot using set knockback.
D-Smash - Cyclone. Spins around in place, à la Bowser's DSmash. Multihits with significant KO potential, but a large amount of endlag.

Aerial Attacks:
N-Air - Two alternating, full circle slashes to the side with each katana. Hits twice and combos exceptionally
F-Air - Does a double crossed slash with his two katanas. Has good combo potential.
B-Air - A quick, single Katana slash. A powerful finisher.
U-Air - Slashes outwards with both katanas. A good juggler due to it's low knockback scaling.
D-Air - Stabs downwards. A powerful spike at high percents, but can work as a combo tool at low percents.

Grabs and Throws:
Grab Range - Medium
Pummel - Punches the foe.
F-Throw - Slashes them forward, and then does a dash-attack style slide attack. Can be jumped out of, making it a good aerial combo tool
B-Throw - Seals them in a gate, before opening it. Designed to be a KO throw.
U-Throw - Winds back and flings them upwards.
D-Throw - Puts them on the ground and stabs them. Designed to be a chain throw.

Ledge Attacks:
Ledge Attack - Flips onto the stage and brings down both katanas in an overhead swipe
Getup Attack - Spins whilst attacking both sides of him on the ground with his sword
100% Ledge Attack - Rolls onto the stage whilst swiping a katana at his foe.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special - Slash:
Crono shoots a line of light in front of him, which goes through enemies whilst damaging them. The damage decreases the further away you are from your enemy, and will also decrease if you hit someone. The special button can be held to give the projectile some distance. Crono vocalises "スラッシュ" (Slash) during the move

Side-Special - Frenzy:
Crono lifts his left katana up, before circling the foe whilst slashing and changing direction. The move's knockback is always in the direction of where Crono is facing. It works as a grab, but it will leave Crono helpless after use. Cannot be chained into itself. Crono yells "フレンジー" (Frenzy)

Up-Special - Cleave:
Crono jumps up, before slashing downwards with his katana. The move doesn't have good vertical distance, however it can still meteor smash a foe on a ledge, as well as it having higher-than-average shield damage (not enough to break a shield though). Doesn't snap to the ledge unless Crono is descending, or at the apex of the move. Crono also yells "クリーブ" (Cleave)

Down-Special - Lightning:
Crono starts his casting animation which will fill up the lightning's charge. Crono's hands will gain a darker yellow aura the greater the charge is. When not fully charged, the move will work like Sora's Thundaga, striking a set distance away from Crono. At full charge it will become Lightning II, which will cause the move to hit around Crono a short distance, alongside being considerably more powerful. This move will meteor smash, but it will not stall him in the air. Crono says "ライトニング" when releasing the move

Final Smash - Luminaire:
Crono will once again start his casting animation and a green dome will form in the center of the stage. The dome will keep expanding and anyone who is caught will take damage. Once the dome reaches it's largest size, the screen will flash white and those caught in the dome will be launched. Crono cannot be hit during this. When the light flash occurs, Crono yells "照明器具" (Luminaire)

Taunts and Other Poses:
U-Taunt - Makes his pose from the official artwork, whilst yelling "Hii-yah"
D-Taunt - Starts his casting animation, but then stops and folds his arms.
S-Taunt - Goes into fighting stance, before bringing his sword in front of him, saying "かかって来い" (Bring it on)
Victory Pose - Sheaths his katanas, folds his arms and says "私はあなたからより良い予想しました。" (I expected better from you)
Defeated Pose - Claps for the winner with a smirk on his face

Sidenote: I made Crono speak Japanese partly because of the swords and the fact that he uses Roy's voice clips in SSF.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Last edited by TSF.Strife on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 pm

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
YAY! I HAVE A REASON TO COME BACK TO THIS THREAD! :D

This Crono set looks quite interesting. I could say more, but my total knowledge of Crono Trigger is less than 0 :P .

I've been wanting to do a moveset for awhile and will probably brainstorm today.

EDIT: Time for a vote! http://strawpoll.me/6380514

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:05 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
I just realized that making a minecraft character is allowed now. Maybe I should do that due to lack of ideas....

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:20 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
RagnorokX wrote:
I just realized that making a minecraft character is allowed now. Maybe I should do that due to lack of ideas....

One day when I was really tired and bored, I started making a moveset for that as a joke, and I quickly started actually wanting it in the game. There's a lot of interesting potential, definitely.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:32 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
There is. Such as placing blocks as obstacles/recovery.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Edit: COMPLETE MOVESET YAY

The Battle cats
Source Game: The Battle cats (Nintendo DS) (Also Available for Android and IOS)

General info: show
Size: A bit smaller than Donkey Kong in height
Idle: Looks around
Weight: Somewhere around 110 – 120
Dash speed: Same as DK
Air attributes: Same as DK
Entrance: Pops out of a wormhole, a Doge tries to get out too but the wormhole closes
Jumps: Same as Lloyd

Special Attributes: show
Since the Cat Base in The Battle cats doesn’t actually move, the Cat Base Jr. (a cat Unit from The Battle cats) will be the actual character controlled.
It attacks by “summoning” or “deploying” the different cat units in The Battle cats (which will be abbreviated to TBC from now on).
Since all of its attacks involves ‘summoning’ or ‘deploying’ different cats, all of its attacks have disjointed Hitboxes.
A downside to this though is that all of his attacks have at least a small amount of Startup.
On another note, even though some of its attacks are projectiles, none are Reflectable.

Ground Attacks: show
Jab – Macho cat
1: Macho cat appears from the ‘mouth’ of the Cat Base and headbutts – 3%
2: Macho cat bites – 2% – Can be held to continue biting
3: Macho cat does a back flip before going back inside the Cat Base – 4%
F–Tilt – Sexy Legs cat
A Sexy Legs cat appears and attacks the same way it does in TBC, a sideways Kick.
Damage – 12%
Knockback – Med – High
U–Tilt – Brave cat
A Brave cat appears, jumps, and does an Upwards Stab.
Damage – 11%
Knockback – Low
D–Tilt – Wall cat
A Wall cat Appears and Slams itself onto the ground like in TBC, has the same range and Startup as Black Mage’s Dash Attack, also grants Super Armor to the Cat Base and Buries the opponent.
Damage – 9%
Knockback – None
Dash Attack – Giraffe cat
A Giraffe cat Appears and does a Downward Headbutt and an Upward Bash afterwards.
Damage – 7% for Downward Headbutt, 6% for Upwards Bash, 13% If both hits Connect
Knockback – Low – Downwards, High – Upwards

Smash Attacks: show
F–Smash – Whale cat
A Whale cat will appear and Bite the opponents like in TBC.
Damage – 18-27%
Knockback – Med
U–Smash – Brah cats
Brah cats will appear and will jump Diagonally Upwards then fall down Quickly. Has Two hits upwards and Two hits Downward. Can Meteor Smash when going downwards.
Damage – 4–6% Each Hit Upwards (8–12% if both hits connect), 3–5% Each Hit Downwards (6–10% if both hits connect), 14–22% if all hits Connect.
Knockback – High – Upwards, Med – Downwards
D–Smash – MISS Moneko
MISS Moneko will appear and Bows Down, hitting opponents in front of her. Can destroy 50% shield damage. Has a longer startup time. Charging animation is her surprised look.
Damage – 17-28%
Knockback – High

Aerial Attacks: show
N–Air – Brave Cat
A Brave cat appears and Does it’s attack from TBC, a forward slash with its sword.
Damage – 14%
Knockback – Med
F–Air – Sexy Legs cat
A Sexy Legs cat Appears and does two Forward Kicks (Like ZSS’ F–Air) dealing two hits.
Damage – 7% for First Hit, 11% for Second Hit, 18% if both hits Connect
Knockback – Med-High
B–Air – Giraffe cat
A Giraffe cat Appears and kicks with its hind legs.
Damage – 8%
Knockback – Med
U–Air – cat Cannon Shot
Fires a small Shot from the cannon upwards like Mega man’s B-air. KOs at 50% but has the startup of Goku’s Neutral Special
Damage – 5%
Knockback – High
D–Air – Wall cat
A Wall cat appears and Slams itself towards the ground, meteor smashing opponents in the way. Will also deal Damage once Wall cat hits the Ground. Damage is dealt on initial impact with opponent and another hit for the Ground impact. Wall cat will fall at Twice the Fall Speed of Cat Base.
Damage – 6% for Initial Hit, 12% for Ground Impact, 18% if both hits Connect
Knockback – Low

Grabs and Throws: show
Grab Range – High
A M. Titan will Appear and grab the enemy with one hand, while holding the Cat Base on the other
Pummel – Macho Cat
Macho Cat bites grabbed enemy
Damage – 1%
F–Throw – Giraffe Cat
Titan Cat releases the grabbed enemy and a Giraffe Cat will appear and unleash 7 downward Head bashes like it does in TBC and finishes of with a forward Headbutt.
Damage – 2% per Head bash, 3% for Headbutt, 17% in total
Knockback – High
U–Throw – Sexy Legs Cat
Titan Cat releases the grabbed enemy and a Sexy Legs cat will appear and kick the grabbed enemy upwards.
Damage – 14%
Knockback – High
B–Throw – Brave Cat
Titan Cat releases the grabbed enemy and a Brave cat will appear and do a Spin Attack dealing 5 hits and knocking the enemy backwards.
Damage – 3% per hit, 15% in total
Knockback – High
D–Throw – Wall Cat
Titan Cat releases the grabbed enemy and a Wall cat will Appear and Slam itself onto the ground, knocking the enemy down.
Damage – 10%
Knockback – Low

[box=Ledge Attacks]
Ledge Attack –
A Macho Cat appears and Headbutts, hitting anyone near.
Damage – 6%
Knockback – Med
Getup Attack –
A Macho Cat appears and does a Back flip, hitting anyone near.
Damage – 6%
Knockback – Low
100% Ledge Attack –
A UFO cat appears and fires it’s laser diagonally-downwards like in TBC.
Damage – 11%
Knockback – Med

Special Moves: show
Neutral Special – cat Cannon:
Shoots from the cat Cannon on its “head”. Chargeable and charge can be stored. Charging increases Range and Damage. Uncharged looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhqjNV0cv4w , while fully charged looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w40RChenbg . Has four charge stages, each one increases range by ¼ of FD with uncharged having ¼ of FD Range while Fully charged has the range of the whole FD. Charge times is same with Goku’s Neutral Special. Though when released, there will be some startup and will warn opponents about the range of the Cat Cannon as a guide laser will appear (see second youtube link in this paragraph) like in TBC. Also, there is a slight delay on the hits of the cannon (again, see second youtube link in this paragraph) like in TBC, but it will be sped up a bit in SSF2. The four stages will KO at 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% respectively.
Damage – 4-5% , 11-12% , 20-21% , 31-32%
Knockback – Med , Med-High , High , Very High

Side–Special – Dragon cat:
A Dragon cat Appears and breathes out a Fireball not unlike the Fire Orb custom special for Mario’s Fireball. Leaves a Fire effect. 3 hits.
Damage – 6% per Hit, 18% if all hits Connects
Knockback – Med

Up–Special – UFO cat:
A UFO cat Appears and Starts carrying the Cat Base ala Beat Call minus the One-Hit-Death Sentence. The Cat Base can’t attack while being carried. Will not leave Cat Base helpless but wouldn’t be able to use UFO cat again. Deals Slight damage to opponents if they come into contact with UFO cat. Pressing Up Special while being carried will make UFO cat release Cat Base but UFO cat will still continue flying upwards until reaching the blast zone.
Damage – 2%
Knockback – Low

Down–Special – Mythical Titan cat:
A Mythical Titan cat Appears and punches the ground like in TBC. Has an Area Effect and launches people up like DK’s Hand Slap. Cannot be used in Midair
Damage – 15%
Knockback – Med

Final Smash: show
CRAZED CATS

Final Form
Most cats will turn into their crazed counterparts ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c46SeOxoIKs ). Others will be replaced by other stronger cats.
Macho Cat -> Crazed Macho Cat
1% Damage Increase for Jab and Pummel, Less Startup
Wall Cat -> Crazed Wall Cat
2% Damage Increase for D-Tilt, D-Air, and D-Throw, Less Startup
Brave Cat -> Crazed Brave Cat
2% Damage Increase for U-Tilt, N-Air, and B-Throw
Sexy Legs Cat -> Crazed Sexy Legs Cat
F-Tilt, F-Aerial, and U-Throw will create a Level 2 Cat Cannon shot from Crazed Sexy Legs Cat’s toe
Giraffe Cat -> Crazed Giraffe Cat
Increased Hitbox Size for Dash Attack, B-Air, F-Throw
Whale Cat -> Crazed Whale Cat
F-Smash gains a sweetspot at the teeth, dealing 3x Damage and Knockback
Dragon Cat -> Crazed Dragon Cat
2x Range, 5% Damage Increase
UFO Cat -> Crazed UFO Cat
Flies 2x as Fast and 2x the Distance
M. Titan Cat -> Crazed M. Titan Cat
Will Create a Level 3 Cat Cannon Shot from the place where the Fist made Impact
U-Smash and D-Smash gains a 2-5% Damage increase
Cat Cannon has Less Startup and Charges Faster

Taunts and Other Poses: show
Taunt – Sits Down and then stands up
Victory Pose – Cat Base, along with some other cat, Jumps up and down repeatedly.
Defeated Pose – Sits down with head bent down, while Macho Cat/Mythical Titan Cat is clapping

Gifs and Pics: show
Macho cat (Jab, Pummel):
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/battle–cats/images/2/29/Imageedit_2_6366572361.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150318012223
Wall cat (D–Tilt, D–Aerial, D-Throw):
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/battle–cats/images/1/19/Imageedit_2_3383124660.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150316051624
Brave cat (U–Tilt, N–Aerial, B-Throw):
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/battle–cats/images/8/84/Imageedit_2_7609248030.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150318013121
Sexy Legs cat (F–Tilt, F–Aerial, U-Throw):
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/battle–cats/images/d/d8/Imageedit_2_4433830332.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150316060342
Giraffe cat (Dash Attack, B-Air, F-Throw):
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0318185757
UFO cat (U-Special):
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0318011447
Whale cat (F-Smash):
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0318193926
Dragon cat (S-Special):
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0317004559
Mythical Titan cat (D-Special, Grab):
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0318134600
Brah cats (U-Smash):
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0711180236
MISS Moneko (D-Smash):
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0710131444

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Last edited by Jan_Solo on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:52 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
My Lucina and Dark Pit movesets received a long-overdue completion.
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=39656&p=1406896#p1406896

IN PROGRESS

Source Game: Dragon Quest IX

General info:
Size: Fairly tall.
Idle: Gets into his battle opening animation from when you enter a new location for the first time.
Weight: Middleweight
Dash speed: Average
Air attributes: His air speed is average. An interesting property of his, is that his aerials will never go into landing lag. Instead, they will finish the move on the ground. (A nod to how there are no aerial moves in Dragon Quest 9)
Entrance: Zooms down onto the stage from the Starflight Express
Jumps: He has one mid air jump.

Tension mechanic:
Tension is a state of building up power to unleash in a future action. In the games, you can raise your tension by doing two things:
1) Using Psyche Up. It raises your tension by one stage upon use.
2) Using Feel the Burn. It raises your tension by one stage every time you get hit.
There are 5 stages to Tension: 0 (default), 5, 20, 50 and 100 (Super-High). Each one will have a damage and knockback modifier of 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, and 2x respectively.

It has significant limits however. It will not build up if you are hit or you do damage, (the former will only occur if you have Feel The Burn), it can be lost by taking large amounts of knockback, or having any status effects put on you (paralyse, sleep, dizzy, etc.), and it only lasts for one move. However, the one move will be completely different at Super High Tension.

To navigate the moveset, a "N" represents the move at 0-50 Tension, and a "T" represents the move at Super High Tension.

Ground Attacks:
Jab N - Wind Sickles
Celestrian does two alternating hooks, creating wind blades with his hands. The move functions very similarly to Robin's Wind Jab, making it a rapid jab, however the final hits (upon releasing the button) will shoot two projectiles forward which do a good amount of knockback.

Jab T - Multifists
A single-input, four-hit combo which does a high amount of damage and kills incredibly early, however the move has a large degree of endlag.

F-Tilt N - Power Throw
F-Tilt T - Gigathrow

U-Tilt N - Fly Swat
U-Tilt T - Persecutter

D-Tilt N - Heart Breaker
D-Tilt T - Big Banga

Dash Attack N - Trip of a Deathtime
Dash Attack T - Party Pooper

F-Smash N - Frizz
F-Smash T - Kafrizzle

U-Smash N - Woosh
U-Smash T - Kaswooshle

D-Smash N - Crack
D-Smash T - Kacrackle

Aerial Attacks:
Note, Celestrian's aerials will never cancel on landing unless the moves hitboxes finish. Instead, they will always come out on the ground. Thus, Celestrian's aerials will be usable on the ground.
N-Air N - Falcon Slash
N-Air T - Gigagash

F-Air N - Reverse Cycle
F-Air T - Fan Dango

B-Air N - Needle Shot
B-Air T - Shining Shot

U-Air N - Lashings of Love
U-Air T - Twin Dragon Lash

D-Air N - Helm Splitter
D-Air T - Whopper Chop

Z-Air N - Whip Tether
Z-Air T - Serpent's Bite

Grabs and Throws:
Grab Range -
Pummel -

F-Throw N - Rake 'n' Break
F-Throw T - Hand of God

U-Throw N - Bang
U-Throw T - Magic Burst

B-Throw N - Zam
B-Throw T - Kazammle

D-Throw N - Antimagic
D-Throw T - Beezlefreeze

Ledge Attacks:
Ledge Attack -
Getup Attack -
100% Ledge Attack -

Special Moves:
Neutral Special - Guardian Force:
Guardian Force is a move that consists of about four moves flung together, and it's a move that covers a variety of defensive options. The moves are as follows:
  • Magic Mirror - Celestrian holds his shield up, and it gleams before he lowers it again. This functions as a reflector, and if a projectile hits it, it will be reflected for 1.2x damage. Activated when B is pressed normally.
  • Disruptive Wave - Celestrian holds his hand out, and a blue wave appears in front of him. The wave will work as a repelling windbox, stopping all things from moving towards him. Celestrian will not be able to reflect projectiles with this move, and the move may not last long enough for him to wait out a projectile. It creates a windbox at the end. Activated when B is pressed during Magic Mirror.
  • Back Atcha - Celestrian gets into a defending stance, and if he's hit during this, he will counter attack the opponent. Back Atcha has an early and a late hitbox and will trigger if attack is pressed during Magic Mirror.
  • Defending Champion - When hit, Celestrian braces himself ready for a hit to come. If the counter is activated late, this move will reduce the damage and knockback taken from the move. Activated in exactly the same way as Back Atcha.
This move will only increase in power with Tension.

Side-Special - Mercurial Thrust/Lightning Storm:
Mercurial Thrust:
Celestrian pulls out his spear, rushes forward, and stabs the opponent very quickly. The move gains a respectable amount of horizontal distance in the air, and has very little start-up or endlag, but it will not slow your descent in the air, nor will it snap to the ledge.

Lightning Storm:
At Super High Tension, Celestrian will surround himself in a black circle, whilst black lightning strikes his spear as he points it upwards. He then spins it and fires a bolt in a straight line at his stage, akin to Robin's Thoron. The start-up has light armor, akin to Bowser's Tough Guy in SSB4, but only in the first few frames. It takes a long time to start up, but releases an immensely powerful projectile after the startup. Stalls your descent in the air.

Up-Special - Zoom:
The transport spell in Dragon Quest IX. Celestrian is enveloped in a blue aura before zooming off in a direction. The recovery move has no hitbox, cannot change angle during use, and will stage spike you if you collide with a wall, which cannot be teched (In DQ9, if you use Zoom in a building, the party will hit their heads on the ceiling and come crashing back down)

Down-Special - Psyche Up/Coup de Grâce:
Psyche Up:
Celestrian puts his hands on his head and braces himself, increasing his tension by one stage. This move can be held to continue charging it, however, the charge works like Robin's Thunder in that you must charge it for the full stage in order for it to reach into the next level. Can be charge cancelled.

Coup de Grâce:
At super high tension, an aura will appear around them with an orange spark and a random move will be selected. The aura will change colour depending on the move selected, as follows:
Critical Claim (Yellow) - A yellow light emerges from his hand, and he spins around, dealing heavy knockback to anyone in range. Very vulnerable if missed, but deals powerful enough to kill almost all characters at around 60%.
Roaring Tirade (Gray) - Celestrian yells incredibly loudly, which causes all characters within a small radius to be stunned. Being in the air will make you immune to any effects.
0-Zone (Sky Blue) - Allows you to use one smash attack at full charge instantly, but makes you suffer more recovery time.
Choir of Angels (Green) - Heals you 13%. The percent increases if you have more damage than your opponent, but if you are hit during it, all healing will stop. Lasts 3 seconds with a slow heal rate.
Itemised Kill (Black) - Spawns an item such as a single use Mr. Saturn/Bob-Omb/Oddish if you KO with your next move.
Rough 'n' Tumble (White) - A command dash that lets you pass through your enemies.
Brownie Boost (Brown) - If you have a teammate, this move will allow your teammate to take less damage from projectiles. Otherwise this move does nothing.
Tension Boost (Purple) - Reboosts your tension to 50. If you are hit during the startup, your tension will not increase.
Knight Watch (Orange) - If you have a teammate, this move will half all damage done to them, but will deal it to you instead. Otherwise, this move does nothing.
Spelly Breath (Dark Blue) - If you have a teammate, this move will minorly increase the damage of their next move. Otherwise, this move does nothing.
Disco Tech (Pink) - Causes everyone nearby to taunt, and raises your tension by one. Being in the air will make you immune to the effects.
Voice of Experience (Red) - If you have a teammate, this move will allow you to increase a random player on your team's point count by +1. Otherwise, this move does nothing.
This move will entirely deplete your tension, and you cannot build more upon use.

Final Smash - Co-Op De Grâce:

Taunts and Other Poses:
U-Taunt - Assumes the Feel The Burn stance. Will not gain the effects of the move if Taunt Cancelled.
D-Taunt - Does the Sultry Dance. Can be held
S-Taunt - Does the Capn's Curtsy party trick
Smash Taunt - Disco Stew.
Victory Pose - Holds up Benevolessence whilst Stella flies around him.
Defeated Pose - Waves to the winner

EDIT: Move names are now complete. Tension Mechanic has also been outlined.
EDIT: Special Moves are complete.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Last edited by TSF.Strife on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 pm

MGN Username: Drflash55
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 BETA, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waifu: I got none.
I take a quick look at the character list...

I see some characters in here, that don't even look like they come CLOSE to being a SSB character.
I know this is SSF2, and anything can happen, but I mean c'mon.

Who made up the idea to even think about putting in Elsa from Frozen?

Just throwing my opinion out there. Not to cause a tantrum for the guy who suggested Elsa.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
The whole point of this thread is thinking of movesets for characters that do not have a realistic chance at all.

On-topic: Im prolly going to do Boo soon, as well as a retarted surprise character.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 pm

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
I'll probably get to that poll winner's moveset soon.

I've been putting that off for quite awhile XD

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:09 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next