The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:59 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
Street Fighter 

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
I got it, but gotta wait 5 hours for it to install on my PS4.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:46 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
my id is not "term" or "terminx" because i didn't buy the game. but it you're my real friends you'll find the people who took those ids and kick their asses

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:25 pm

I would, if the servers actually worked. They've been broken all day, not surprised.
Edit: They just got back online. My ID is NDT_Mighty if anyone wants to play

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 am

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Term wrote:
my id is not "term" or "terminx" because i didn't buy the game. but it you're my real friends you'll find the people who took those ids and kick their asses

consider terminx done.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Some of the V-trigger's and skills feel weak. while others feel too powerful why

I AM APPLE

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:13 am

baron von jiggly wrote:
Some of the V-trigger's and skills feel weak. while others feel too powerful why

because "balance".

Ken's is god awful, Rashid's is by far the worst, I don't know what Bison's trigger even does. Necalli's feels too strong, and Ryu's parry is more annoying than strong. I'd say that they don't add too much to a characters strength.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Cactus wrote:
Term wrote:

consider terminx done.
NICE f*** him up

or did you already f*** him up

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:13 am

Cactus wrote:
baron von jiggly wrote:

because "balance".

Ken's is god awful, Rashid's is by far the worst, I don't know what Bison's trigger even does. Necalli's feels too strong, and Ryu's parry is more annoying than strong. I'd say that they don't add too much to a characters strength.

They actually do add a s*** ton to characters. Capcom just decided to not put the info of what they do in the game.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/16/brush-up-on-street-fighter-vs-v-mechanics/

There is a link to all of the V-skills and triggers.
i also put them in a box in case you don't want to leave the comfort of MGs sweet bosom

all the Vs and VT: show
Ryu:
V-Skill – Mind’s Eye

Ryu’s V-Skill, Mind’s Eye, is essentially a simplified version of Street Fighter III’s parries. All attacks can be countered in this way, even those that hit more than once if you use proper timing. Each blow Ryu parries will add to his V-Meter.

V-Trigger – Denjin Reiki

Denjin Renki gives Ryu access to powerful hadoukens that are quicker, deal increased damage, and build stun at a higher rate thanks to their electrical charge. Fireballs can also be charged, giving them the ability to dole even more pain as well as guard break blocking opponents. These buffs also apply to his Shinku Hadouken, transforming it into the mega-powerful Denjin Hadouken.

Chun-Li’s Ranyaku is a special jump that rises at a lower angle their her regular jump. On the way down, she can use aerial attacks, including specials like her airborne Hyakuretsukyaku.

V-Trigger – Renkiko

Renkiko gives Chun-Li additional hits on her normal attacks tied to a timer. While lights aren’t adjusted, mediums get one extra hit and heavies get two. Specials don’t receive any benefits.

Much like Ryu’s V-Skill, Bullet Clear provides Nash with a reliable way to counter projectiles by literally absorbing their power. If he’s close enough to the opponent, Bullet Clear will damage the opponent. Both functions add to his V-Meter.

V-Trigger – Sonic Move

Nash’s Sonic Move is a teleport that places the Alpha veteran in a different position depending on the accompanying input. Nash can appear behind the opponent on the ground, behind them in the air, or in front of them in the air, and is able to act as soon as he becomes visible.

Another projectile absorption technique, Psycho Reflect gives M. Bison the added benefit of a retaliatory fireball of his own should players continue to hold the buttons down. The dictator can also absorb regular attacks.

V-Trigger – Psycho Power

Upon activating Psycho Power, M. Bison’s dash is given teleportation properties that make it capable of passing through fireballs and other forms of offense. Additionally, his Somersault Skull Diver and Double Knee Press specials cause him to disappear, making them more difficult to properly gauge.

The former Bison Doll’s Axel Spin Knuckle returns in Street Fighter V, now bound to the V-Skill input. Like before, it passes through projectiles, and Cammy will even pass through opponents should she be close enough.

V-Trigger – Delta Drive

Cammy gets added damage and hits on her special moves with Delta Drive, increasing her ability to smother opponents with her unrelenting pressure.

Birdie’s V-Skill comes in three different flavors. At neutral, the gluttonous fighter munches down on a donut for a large V-Meter boost, holding down gives him a small V-Meter boost as well as a rolling projectile, and holding back places a banana peel on the ground that can trip opponents and set up combo opportunities.

V-Trigger – Enjoy Time

Eating the Enjoy Time pepper provides Birdie with increased range on his specials while also adding armor and damage. The burst of fire at the beginning can hit airborne opponents and extend combos.

Quick Step allows Ken to close distance on the opponent with a short run. Near the end, he can input attacks, including his step kick.

V-Trigger – Heat Rush

The flames channeled by Heat Rush power up Ken’s special attacks with more damage and hits, and the altered trajectory provides different combo opportunities.

Similar to C. Viper in Street Fighter IV, Necalli’s V-Skill is a ground pound with a varying range that depends on which direction you hold.

V-Trigger – Torrent of Power

More than any other V-Trigger, this turns Necalli into a much different character, opening up combo possibilities thanks to his improved frame data and unique Critical Art.

Building on his legacy as a tricky fighter, Vega’s V-Skill first dodges the opponent’s attack before launching a counter. The counter can be canceled by immediately pressing another button.

V-Trigger – Bloody Kiss

Vega throws a rose that, on hit, sees him follow up with a series of attacks that can be utilized as a combo extender. This can be done while crouching for an anti-air rose as well as during a forward jump.

Like any professional wrestler worth their salt, R. Mika’s mic skills are impeccable. Her V-Skill allows her to give a blistering speech on any number of topics, powering up her throws along the way. The longer the inputs are held, the stronger she gets, and a single hit of armor gives players some leeway. When the buttons are let go, R. Mika tosses the microphone at her opponent.

V-Trigger – Nadeshiko

R. Mika’s tag-team partner Nadeshiko becomes an assist with this V-Trigger, and is capable of attacking from three different angles depending on the direction that’s held. Neutral is a body splash from the top of the screen, back is a drop kick from the front, and forward is a drop kick from behind.

Rashid is unique in that he essentially has two separate V-Skills. The first, Front Flip, is exactly that: the Arab fighter flips forward, during which players can press kick for a divekick.
Rolling Assault, on the other hand, is a quick forward roll that is capable of transitioning into an upward kick.

V-Trigger – Ysaar

If traps and oki are your thing, you’re going to get a lot of out Rashid’s V-Trigger. The cyclone it produces moves forward slowly and damages the opponent, but Rashid can also use it to increase his momentum.

Karin’s V-Skill is a palm strike that can dissipate projectiles and knock down the opponent. Holding the inputs will charge the move for beneficial hit and block properties.

V-Trigger – Kanzuki-Ryu Guren no Kata

Fans of previous Karin incarnations will likely get a lot of mileage out of her V-Trigger, as it opens up her true, variable fighting style. After the opening attack, Karin can transition into a number of different attacks, including an overhead, a sweep, a backdash, and more.

What would Zangief be without a silly pose? With his V-Skill, the Russian grappler can absorb one hit (which translates into recoverable health loss). Holding the buttons lets Zangief walk forward slowly, and he’ll pose once more when the input is released, damaging the opponent if they are close enough.

V-Trigger – Cyclone Lariat

As a grappler, Zangief wants to be as close to his enemies as possible. Fortunately, his V-Trigger sucks in the opposing player and lands multiple attacks should the buttons be held.

As the name implies, Laura’s V-Skill is all about spacing. Holding back sees the newcomer dodge backwards, while forward results in a quick forward dash. You can also play mind games with opponents by keeping your stick at neutral, which translates into an overhead kick.

V-Trigger – Spark Show

Although Blanka has yet to make an appearance in Street Fighter V, Laura upholds both his Brazilian heritage and skills with electricity. Spark Show improves stun on a number of Laura’s attacks, gives her projectile added range, and increases the distance she travels with her V-Skill.

While he’s already a rather floaty fighter, Dhalsim’s V-Skill takes that a step further by giving him the ability to hang above the ground for a few more seconds, during which all of his air attacks and specials are at his disposal.

V-Trigger – Yoga Burner

Doing his best Dormammu impression, Dhalsim lays down a carpet of flame when his V-Trigger is activated. Opponents standing in the fire will take continual (but recoverable) damage. The initial hit also deals damage and knockdown.

F.A.N.G’s V-Skill produces a slow-moving projectile. While it doesn’t result in any direct damage, it does apply a poison status to the opponent that slowly drains their life. Additionally, Nishodoku doesn’t interact with other projectiles or even inflict hit stun on its victim.

V-Trigger – Dokunomu

Continuing with the poison theme, Dokunomu surrounds F.A.N.G with a toxic cloud that damages nearby opponents.

I AM APPLE

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:08 pm

You don't really realise how great the tutorials in some other fighting games are until you play something like this

SFV forces to learn what the buttons actually do at the start and then it's like "lol figure the rest out yourself"

Yet I got Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend along with SFV and that game has a long, in-depth tutorial + a 160 entry long glossary of fighting game terminology to read lmao

Good job capcom

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Capcom really rushed this one out the gate. but i don't really care all i want is multiplayer anyway.

I AM APPLE

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:08 pm

as much as I agree with you, a f*** vs. cpu function would be nice.
Survival mode is the most garbage attempt at single player I've ever seen.

Term wrote:
Cactus wrote:
Term wrote:

consider terminx done.
NICE f*** him up

or did you already f*** him up

I f*** him up badly, laggy connection be damned.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Story mode is really easy holy s***.

I swear I can't get Chun-li's Kikoken to work at all, hold backward and then hit forward+punch, I keep trying but I just can't get it to work.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:50 pm

natedoesthings wrote:
Story mode is really easy holy s***.

thats because it's not the real story mode the real story mode comes later.

Cactus wrote:
as much as I agree with you, a f*** vs. cpu function would be nice.
Survival mode is the most garbage attempt at single player I've ever seen.

Yea it's obvious they put literally like 0 time into the AI at most i would just say if your gonna do survival only do Hell if you wanna Fight CPU. or idk Training mode turn it on to CPU and crank that s*** up to the highest difficulty i know that thing f*** me up.

I AM APPLE

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 am

what did you expect from 3 AI-free fights with full meter Nate?

Also, I doubt that a lot of members here actually will buy this game but is it worth compiling our fighter ID's so we can have people to test this s*** with?

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:18 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
I bought the Video Game, my ID's "Intoner"
note: I'm bad at fighting games that aren't anime, and I just bought an arcade stick so I'm pretty much starting from scratch.
of the characters I tried so far, I'm liking Laura the most but she seems pretty easy/predictable at a glance. might try getting better with Karin but we'll see

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 am
 [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next