The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:58 am

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
"Attracting More Players" General 

MGN Username: Zach8920
Currently Playing: SSF2
I wouldn't worry too much about 'attracting players'.

Little by little people will get interest. Hell, I know a few people that i've told about it. Word of mouth is a pretty powerful one. Know some friends? Tell them about SSF2.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:47 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
My (admittedly super unlikely) idea would be gathering a group of players that makes recaps about every major tournament we host, make some highlight reels and/or short Gifs with cool moments (and I mean good ones, the current highlight reels arent that good imo) and put it somewhere where people can and will see it (Smashboards collab maybe? I mean we already had one, maybe we should try to tap further into this). Explain what the game is and where you can give it a try during those recaps and that should work out pretty well if everything works.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 am

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Here's 3 Ways I Think You Can Attract More Players!

1. Utilize Twitch - Maybe using the Mcleodgaming Twitch more often to show game play of the current version of the game and hosting other players who play the game often would be good promotion. This could be a good way to promote online play for the game too, so the people on twitch will hopefully take notice and want to join in. I don't know who would be in charge of this but it could be a good idea.

2. Utilize Youtube - I saw a guy one time in the comment section of the "Ten Years Of Super Smash Flash" video saying he didn't even know Luffy got confirmed for SSF2 when his game play was shown. I see a lot of people on Youtube taking the Smash Con Beta game play and character reveal footage from twitch and making videos of them for their channels, I think the McleodGaming channel should be doing that themselves too. Also, I think making cool flash videos and promos for the game could be effective as well. For example: I remember in the early stages of the game, SSF2 use to have mini-trailers for some of the characters like Mega Man and Sora.

Mega Man Mini-Trailer: show
YouTube Video:

Sora Mini Trailer: show
YouTube Video:

Since the starting roster for the game is complete, it would be cool if all of them got individual trailers to promote beta and the game overall.

3. Improve Social Media Usage - I don't have much to say on this one since it's pretty self-explanatory but basically taking all the elements that exist with SSF2 now plus the ideas I proposed and utilizing the social platform to promote them is another way to attract more people to the game. I see a lot of times on Facebook, people are looking for McleodGaming to post something about Beta or the release date, annoying I know. While they can't give away everything, I think just showing parts of Beta isn't necessary. Just posting a video of good quality game play or artwork of the game could be a substantial post and promotional boost for the game. Doing this regularly and all social platforms will keep people's attention and attract the attention of others. Also, why doesn't McleodGaming have an Instagram? There is a big audience of people that are into art, flash animation and games in general on Instagram that would definitely interested in SSF2. Not to mention the anime characters that are in the game, appealing to the anime community can be used to leverage more people in, overall there is so much ground that can be covered.

JalStar....out. 8-)

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 pm

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
Streaming is probably the best way to attract new players. When I used to stream SSF2 I would always put it under melee and people would come in the chat saying "wait this isn't melee" or "woah what is this" and "this game looks cool". Also I think MG needs to be more active on twitter. I know the fanbase is kinda young and doesn't really use social media much but I'm sure it will help attract more older smash fans.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 am
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2