The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:23 pm

[ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Sonic 

MGN Username: lucas4
Currently Playing: idk who wants to know?
Waifu: sanic
its really hard to use sonic's f-air at the right time to make the person get killed to the ground it always go up but sonic is kinda broken the most used attacks are his f-air and back - air

motomoto likes you
i made lots of dumb posts when i was new to this thing... WH EEZE

Ravin_Raven wrote:
We're all tired of people who don't know what a signature is.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
What really grinds my gears is that they made Sonic SLOWER. It's an unforgivable crime. Sonic's supposed to be the fastest in the game by a wider margin dammit!

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Sonario wrote:
What really grinds my gears is that they made Sonic SLOWER. It's an unforgivable crime. Sonic's supposed to be the fastest in the game by a wider margin dammit!

Thank goodness! So it's NOT my imagination? Sonic really does feel...slower than he did in previous demos, but this whole time, I thought it was just my imagination.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
Sonario wrote:

Thank goodness! So it's NOT my imagination? Sonic really does feel...slower than he did in previous demos, but this whole time, I thought it was just my imagination.

I did too for a while but then I saw somewhere that Sonic's speed was actually decreased. Then compared to find it true! (At least for me).

They should really make him faster because Captain Falcon shouldn't be able to keep up with the Fastest Thing Alive.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Actually, it's popular competitive opinion that he's struggling to succeed because he's too fast for his own good. With the changes to aerial control/momentum/etc, it's really really easy to simply overshoot opponents to screw up combos. Given his rather small hitboxes and precise timing on some of his more critical aerials, this can be quite challenging.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Manta wrote:
Actually, it's popular competitive opinion that he's struggling to succeed because he's too fast for his own good. With the changes to aerial control/momentum/etc, it's really really easy to simply overshoot opponents to screw up combos. Given his rather small hitboxes and precise timing on some of his more critical aerials, this can be quite challenging.

But learning to control his speed and momentum is the fun part! Even in actual Sonic game's he's hard to control at full speed but still fun. (Except in the bad ones like 06.) Sonic's all about the speed!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I agree that in some sense feeling "too fast" is an integral part of his character and not something to change. I just think his moves need a little tweaking to make them feel more cohesive, because right now it's sorta ridiculous. There's this huge blind spot diagonally above you that you just can't cover at all, so any move that gets DI'ed in that direction can't really be followed up on (occasionally run FH bair connects, but that can't be followed up on because you land on the other side of the stage lol). Perhaps changing his side-B to cover that area might work?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Sonario wrote:

I see what you did there. :smug: But, I do agree with Sonic's speed having to be a little faster.

Ravin_Raven wrote:
Sonic is one of those characters that everyone makes look easy to use, but is really hard to figure out. I don't put him with the KYS list because he's not an easy switch for bad players, but it's not easy to learn him.

Yeah, but given enough time and effort to learn more about his moveset and situations where the moves can be used effectively is important is a good place to start.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:35 am

MGN Username: Excecutioner12
Currently Playing: Ssf2
sonics speed is fast enough as is. but really, sonic should more be played in a hit and run type style. than his mobility can really shine. ALSO SPINDASH TECH. (that exists). sonics main weakness is his ko power (or lack thereof) wich legit hurts him against ichigo for example

Attachments:
File comment: when lag strikes you. or loyd
gas.jpg
gas.jpg [ 6.59 KiB | Viewed 2831 times ]

https://discord.gg/v4mVf4n
JOIN THE MEGAMAN DISCORD FOR ALL SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS! [color=#404000][/color]
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:41 am

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
luigi is here wrote:
its really hard to use sonic's f-air at the right time to make the person get killed to the ground it always go up but sonic is kinda broken the most used attacks are his f-air and back - air

it really isnt that hard to spike with fair when you realise that you need to be slightly above the character while you use fair, its the later hit of the move that spikes

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
=Initial impressions of new :sonic: =

I'm kinda disappointed about his changes. I'm not a Sonic expert, but I think this was more experimental than anything else.

Only really noticeable and good buff I saw for Sonic to me, was his spindash having less frames before it hits.
And after a little labbing, looks like spindash>jump>dair>??? is my best option for spindash combos.. Feels now like spindashing is easier to hit with now, but harder to follow up on-which made me have an impression that yall wanted Sonic to be more hit-and-run oriented.

I used to love the first hit of uair being able to combo, now I feel like I lost a potential style setup. :hmph:

Dair has more hitstun but I still see it only useful as a little poke-in tool. I was able to follow up though so dunno what that's all about, will look further into it.

I don't get why the dev team would decrease KB scaling and increase hitstun, but still end up increasing the base knockback, by a large percent, too. It's like yall were thinking: "Hey, how about we make d-tilt follow up better?" "Ok, but let's also make d-tilt knock ppl farther away." I actually would love to get an explanation of why yall did this; I find it odd.

Bair looks like it covers less distance now, definitely NOT a good thing considering his lack of range being a very exploitable thing for him..
I'm also kinda conflicted to the change in damage values relating to this move too.. Yay more damage but ehhh on less base kb.. We can't combo bair into stuff so I don't see why that change existed

Tbh u-throw/b-throw being buffed in base kb annoy me.
Now u-throw to u-air is even harder to get now, and b-throw still is weak in comparison to other kill throws, killing at 150%, and we lost a potential super early percent chaingrab. Last part was a nitpick but I feel a bit salty still over it.
Well, at least both of these throws kills around the 110-120% mark for lightweights..

This feels like a general neutral messing-around to me, and judging by his struggle in viability, I don't see him getting any more viable from this rebalance. Of course, time will tell if we learn some crazy new spindash tech that would bump him up a bit along the way.

F-smash needed not just more kill power, but the hitbox deserved to be bigger and cover not just his fist.

Light Speed Dash's sweetspot still doesn't kill for jack. Why not buff its knockback scaling/percent a bit?

How about making his f-tilt aimable in three directions, if you're gonna bother buffing it? (kind of a nitpick but :nod: )

His dash grab is still bad and his throws are pretty mediocre besides u-throw at early percents.

I'm left with the impression that Sonic has been improved more for the sake of him being hit-and-run, and sacrificing his already mediocre setups and already mediocre combo potential, resulting in a slightly less fun/viable Sonic on my hands.
At least fair's still the same fun move I love spamming.

I'm interested in d-smash being buffed-I might actually use it for once. The lowered angle of being launched was a good addition in its buffs.

What do you guys think?

We need to get this ball rolling, people..

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 pm

MGN Username: Excecutioner12
Currently Playing: Ssf2
i hate the up air nerf

https://discord.gg/v4mVf4n
JOIN THE MEGAMAN DISCORD FOR ALL SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS! [color=#404000][/color]

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
I'm kinda into this update, because a lot of things feel stronger like back air and forward air, uthrow kills again, and bthrow has use as well. He feels better to use than last patch, so I can't complain too much. I will admit that I'm not really into hit-and-run style

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:34 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Lite2Key wrote:
I'm kinda into this update, because a lot of things feel stronger like back air and forward air, uthrow kills again, and bthrow has use as well. He feels better to use than last patch, so I can't complain too much. I will admit that I'm not really into hit-and-run style

I'm more of an aggressive-type Sonic myself. I do agree that the buffs were pretty solid.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Quick Question:

What is Sonic's playstyle in SSF2, the campy defensive Sm4sh version or the PM playstle of using movement to bait options then combo?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am
 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next