The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Mario 

MGN Username: colm016
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

6. Do to get better? As a player in general or as a Mario player?

to be a better mario player

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

Aren't you just picking him up?

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:28 pm
BR Member

Lots of room to get better if so duder.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

Aren't you just picking him up?

yes, but i want to be a good mario player

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 am

Well you will have to get through some people, including me if you want that to happen. Also, most of this information might be helpful or become useless.

However, I will explain what Mario has on certain characters.

He has a up throw chain grab on high fallers (Link, Ichigo, DK, Chibi and more) and fast fallers (Fox, Falcon and BBM). The chain grab on high fallers will stop at around 24%, so around that percentage, follow up with an up smash, up air or up tilt to get more damage or to continue the combo.

The chain grab on fast fallers will last until at least 45 to 50%, but you will probably stop around the same time as the high fallers, due to Mario's ground mobility and grab range not being that great to keep up with the opponent's D.I.

For approach options, I would say use fire ball to zone opponents out, but don't over rely on it. You can approach with nair, but against characters with disjointed range, then maybe try to be careful unless you find an opening. You can use a short hop turn around bair, or use rar(reverse aerial rush) bair to help.

In terms of good mus for Mario? I use him against Link, Peach, Samus, Chibi, Jiggs, Sonic, MM and I am trying to use him more against Sora now. I also use him against BM and now trying use him against Goku. I used him for mus dealing with Naruto and Pikachu.

He has trouble dealing with most characters who posses range and who have great recoveries, that he can't gimp.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 am

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
Lord doughnut wrote:
Well you will have to get through some people, including me if you want that to happen

He said he wants to be good, not the greatest.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:17 pm
BR Member

Lord doughnut wrote:
You have to fight people if you want to fight people. Coincidentally, I am also a people.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Fedora2Explorer wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
You have to fight people if you want to fight people. Coincidentally, I am also a people.

Omg fedora lol, I am hedgehop remember and you are a fairy.

@lite
You never know, I remember you saying that about Sonic, but then you wanted to be the best. You went through Sonic , after Sonic to get what you want.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 pm

i'm trying to upload a replay of my mario to youtube so my friend can see it but when i rename mario.ssfrec to mario.MP4 it doesn't let me upload it to YT what should i do?

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:24 am

colm016 wrote:
i'm trying to upload a replay of my mario to youtube so my friend can see it but when i rename mario.ssfrec to mario.MP4 it doesn't let me upload it to YT what should i do?

never mind I recorded footage and uploaded it to youtube -----> https://youtu.be/9xpmRg7TRQQ

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:58 am

colm016 wrote:
colm016 wrote:

never mind I recorded footage and uploaded it to youtube -----> https://youtu.be/9xpmRg7TRQQ

Hmmm, you need a lot of work.

You missed a lot of follow ups at the beginning, but toward the end, your follow ups got a little better.

You didn't play the neutral right, you would sometimes just go into for a grab, roll, and fire ball in one place.

You edge guarded a twice, but not to the point that you would take the stock off.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:56 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:
colm016 wrote:

You missed a lot of follow ups at the beginning, but toward the end, your follow ups got a little better.

You didn't play the neutral right, you would sometimes just go into for a grab, roll, and fire ball in one place.

You edge guarded a twice, but not to the point that you would take the stock off.

my neutral game is pretty weak, i usually use fireball to make them approach me or dash dance>whatever i tred to use the bottom platform or mirror chamber a few times and hope they would miss the tech and follow up with up tilt or uair i also found a nifty combo for high fallers. 3up throws(no pummels)>read DI and follow up with an aerial or downB

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:16 am

colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:
colm016 wrote:

my neutral game is pretty weak, i usually use fireball to make them approach me or dash dance>whatever i tred to use the bottom platform or mirror chamber a few times and hope they would miss the tech and follow up with up tilt or uair i also found a nifty combo for high fallers. 3up throws(no pummels)>read DI and follow up with an aerial or downB

Yeah, that's why I gave you a few ways to approach with Mario.

Dash dancing only works if you're baiting, if you're performing a dash dance while weaving in and out, then that would work. However, if you're just dash dancing in one place, then that's not going to hinder the opponent from getting you.

You have to weave in and out with fire balls as well in order for the approach to work since opponents can reflect them or prioritize them.

I did not see that combo in there and that's something I said to you about up throw being a chain grab on high fallers, after 3, you have to follow up with something else.

About tech chasing, it mainly works if you're a very reaction heavy player and if you're character has the mobility to keep up with the rolls, so its best to stick to the true combos instead of the hard reads.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:27 am

MGN Username: Goesul
Lord doughnut wrote:

Is that you?? O.O

Lol anyway, i'm taking an interest in Mario and i'm playing as him more often. I only played about ten matches with him, but i'm doing pretty well.

Is there anything out of the ordinary or interesting that Mario can do? Besides his cape recovery?

I also need to now how to recover with Mario when he's under the corner of Final Destination.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:54 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Being very precise will allow you to grab the ledge from behind you when you're under FD, although Tornado is usually a better strategy. Really, just don't be there in the first place!

Mario is pretty standard. You should check out the Cape techniques that people have put on this forum, practice your combos, know how his recovery works on the stages, etc.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:01 pm
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next