The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:25 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Black's sprite progress 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
It's very smooth but it doesn't really do the motion justice, the secondary animation can be empathised more for a more streamlined motion. When you swing a sword, especially a large one like that, there is the build-up, swing and the the recoil. This means that the speed at which the sword travels isn't always consistant. During the build-up it moves slow, during the actual swing it moves fast and during recoil it slows down again. It's not a motion that is consistant in it's speed. Furthermore, since the sword slams down on the ground, I'd suggest adding some impact where teh swords clanks and 'bounces'.

I understand that you have to may have limited frames but the limit you've set here is pretty harsh, it may not be enough for the motion to look right. (what you could do is 3 frames start-up, 2 frame swing, and the rest recoil).

I hope this feedback could be of use to you. Again the animation is pretty smooth, but I'd say that here it's actually too smooth.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:27 am

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
I actually felt I used too many frames but at least I filled out the prerequisite for an attack frame animation. Cyron has two frame types, attack and transition. I going to try and add the transition frames now to return her to default. Hopefully this fixes most of the problems. It's apart of her game mechanic to keep attacking or return to idle.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 pm

This is the final animation with 4 transitional frames added. She returns to default. Later she'll be able to transition to another attack. OMG cyron is so cheap, it a good thing she sucks at parrying.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:05 pm

The Rose Guardian, the second boss of my game encounter in the more redess area of RGB road. I wanted a black antagonist but I didn't want him too scary like the boss before him. I decided the color pink would soften the appearance because unlike the previous boss, this guy doesn't stalk you in the shadow but is aggressive and requires an aggressive attitude to beat.

About rose guardian:
This boss uses mostly physics attacks, it floats, it's aggressive, it doesn't use path finder algorithm, it does a lot of damage. \

I made this a long time ago, I'm thinking about adding it as a boss but the artstyle seem to not clash hard enough with the game. The rose guardian would have been scarier but people reacted to this too fearfully.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:59 am

Decided to try my hand a smash flash stage. Don't really know what I was going for, just randomly sprinting whatever comes to my. This is kinda aimless but it turning into a cave I think. Not sure what I'll do next but I'm liking it so far. Not feeling the blue structure thought.

Edit:
I don't why know why I put that little man at the end. He's somewhere in there.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:13 pm

That... looks really awesome. I would love to see this fleshed out.

It's like Final Destination from Melee but better.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Maybe you could make it akin to Dark Star from Kirby 64?
Anyways, loving the perspective

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:12 pm

kidicarus29 wrote:
That... looks really awesome. I would love to see this fleshed out.

It's like Final Destination from Melee but better.

I didn't mean for it to look like final Destination but thanks. There is a lot of geometry in this picture and I use colored lines and a general color to keep track of everything. Gray is my favorite color so yeah.

Shiver-Star wrote:
Maybe you could make it akin to Dark Star from Kirby 64?
Anyways, loving the perspective

Thanks, I wasn't expecting this fondness for the perspective.

This is it for the week, time is precious. Something about the blue structure still doesn't sit right with me.... or well got a few ideas from wrote them down for later.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 am

Currently looking for animator who's good with smaller than average sprites.

Right now, I need an animator to take over for me while I focus on other things in my life. I really don't have a set amount of work I want done but would simply like to have resources done when I get back on the scene of creating. Is anyone interested in my offer?

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:08 pm
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2