The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Isaac 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Isaac specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
Upair is so strong wow

Edit : Side-B Up seems to be the best version of the move.
Side-B up - upair might be a lot of fun if it can connect consistently.

The special moves can be pretty interesting, might allow some cool combos or strats, takes some creativity I guess but that's what's cool about him. Let's see how this goes, but the character definitely seems to have potential. I'm looking forward to his gameplay being developped.

2nd edit : Wow and neutral-B significantly increases the knockback of the moves.
Also uptilt seems really good because it has very low knockback and can combo easily into that super powerful upair.
For lower percentages, d-tilt offers much more knockback.
Overall Isaac seems very strong with vertical kills.

As a result Jigglypuff is killed by Isaac at such ridiculous percentages. After neutral-B, upsmash kills at 38% on FD with no DI.
upair can kill at like 50% its close to fox's upair.
At 45% d-tilt to upair kills Jiggs even tho it would be hard to connect against a human opponent of course.
But uptilt to upair seems pretty reliable after like 60%. The knockback is so low You only need to short-hop after it which means less time for the opponent to get out of hitstun. Even around 90% on Jiggs you only need one jump because upair also has a very good range.

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Gaia is so good at setting up kill setups

Tue May 30, 2017 10:02 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Dash > Dtilt is an excellent combo starter on almost the entire cast. It's range and frame data make it really reliable.
When I first looked at Isaac I thought that he'd become somewhat reliant on neutral b to set up kills but with all the options he has to take stocks, this is clearly not the case.

Great combo game, great vertical recovery, great frame data, great hitboxes and a ton of kill options. It seems that Isaac's only real weakness is his high short hop height, which may lower the amount of options he has to engage with.

I'm definitely getting a 9b Lloyd vibe with Isaac way more than Lloyd himself, I'll most likely switch mains to this guy with the way things are looking.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Wed May 31, 2017 4:31 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
By far the easiest newcomer to pick up, at least for me

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Wed May 31, 2017 5:22 am

MGN Username: sirgabite
Currently Playing: SSF2, LoL, OSU!, MineCraft
Reverse version of side b seems to be amazing for setups

i have been able to connect both uptilt, dtilt and grab off of it with dash attack being the most reliable at high procent.
i would say that it could become an amazing tool for issac if you master it

Wed May 31, 2017 11:18 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Brawl Minus, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Sm4sh
Waifu: the succ
Reverse Side-B --> grab --> hoo hah (dthrow uair) looks like a nutty kill confirm

Wed May 31, 2017 5:47 pm

Upair is seriously really strong, maybe even more than Fox upair. It's a bit weaker, and the same goes for his upsmash, but the range is great and it can follow-up so many moves :
-dthrow so off a grab
-uptilt is amazing even on floaties at high percent it's reliable thanks to that super low knockback
-dash attack

Maybe upward side-b could work, it seems more situationnal to me though.

Do you guys think Gaia could be used for tech-chasing ?

YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

Wed May 31, 2017 8:05 pm

MGN Username: thdhted
Currently Playing: Smash 4, Pokemon Omega Ruby,Halo 4
Something of note is that Game and Watch can bucket both Side and Up B, so throwing those out is generally inadvisable.

Wed May 31, 2017 10:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYICA099x6k

My very first as Isaac. I have to say, that Side-B of his covers ANYTHING.

Upward command --> Anti-Air, Setup, Neutral
Backward command --> Neutral
Downward command --> Edgeguard, In the air, Neutral

All of these can combo into pretty much anything, literally. ALL of his moves can be followed up. Endless combo possiblities with Isaac.
Also, what is Isaac's weight class? Medium or Medium-Light?

EDIT: Just did a test, he get's Ko'ed at nearly the same percentage as Mario, when hit by Mario's U-Smash. So his weight is medium, which is good. But the below average falling speed hurts though. He's a bit lighter than Mario, so he's somewhat a bit easier to KO than Mario.

Mains:
???

Last edited by AegisArclight on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:04 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I think you're overestimating Side-B.
It's slow traveling and only travels horizontally. On top of that, Isaac is a sitting duck throughout it's duration.
Considering both of those, it's quite easy to punish. It's definitely a move that shouldn't be used super freely.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:57 am

I feel like all of Isaac special moves are quite situationnal

YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 am

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
Also interesting is that side spec has practically infinite range and slows his fall waaay down. Down version also goes all the way to the blast line (spikes of course) and, paired with Gaia, gives Isaac very good anti-juggle capabilities. Up version can net some disrespect kills at high percents or after using using vine grab and combo as well. Vine grab is crazy for kills but is very situational.

Side B is a lot of fun in general lol and has a much larger hit box than it seems.

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am

So what if it's slow? Isaac isn't an offensive type fighter to begin with.
So what if Isaac becomes a sitting duck when using it? He's a defensive fighter.
So what if it's easy to punish? It has literally the same startup as Mario's Neutral B and barely has any ending lag at all. Only difference is that you have more options of stage control than the fireball.

Maybe YOU'RE underestimating this move. Either that, or you just don't understand Isaac enough.

Ok I tried a few battles while I rarely use Side-B... ONLINE, and the results are not pretty.

Okay, since I rarely use Side-B since it's "situational" Isaac lost his only form of spacing and stage control. No, Even Isaac's aerials are not good spacing options, I compared his aerial attacks' frame data to Fox's, and Isaac is going to get KO'ed sooner before he can even use any aerial. Heck, Fox's whole speedy moveset can cause trouble for Isaac. Luigi is even a prime candidate and an answer to any Isaac player, since Luigi's frame data in the air excels compared to Isaac especially the fact that Luigi is more potent in the air.

The only move I see that Isaac can go for is his DAir since he can L-cancel it, then again... it lacks range. Back air... is good but some characters have back air that complement with their weight and falling speed well.. Basically any character that has fast moves and long reach can give Isaac a run for his money.

Not to be mean or anything, but seriously. This is probably his best way of spacing and you're saying that it shouldn't used that often?
But hey, maybe your Isaac plays different from mine? Whatever, but the one who doesn't use the move often will only see losing when facing someone who does use it tactically.

Again, just pointing it out. Your Isaac plays like close combater, My Isaac plays like a tactical Magical swordsman. Kudos to you.

EDIT: Tip: You DON'T have to use Side-B always, just often. I'm not some happy spammer who uses one move all the time you know? I was specifying the uses of each command. I'm in NO WAY encouraging anyone to use this move like as if they're using Meta Knight's Mach Tornado in Brawl.

The more you come to know how to use this move, the better chance you have against more tougher opponents. Okay? Once again, I'm not encouraging to use this move always, just often. Not to much too the point where you get rekt by someone who is skilled, and not too rarely to the point where you lose the amount of spacing. But enough that will allow you to control the battle in your favor. This is what Golden Sun is about right? You can't just spam everything over and over, you need to use some of these moves often especially your go-to move in order to make the most out of Isaac. You control the fight in your favor, use everything in your arsenal, and use said arsenal to overwhelm the opponent.

I apologize if this post comes as mean to anyone.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:17 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
You don't sound mean. you sound inexperienced competitively.

While I agree that it is easy to underestimate SideB's uses, I also must say that it can easily be overused to the point of making you a target with a brilliant bulls-eye painted on.

And Isaac has plenty of aerial ability with Fair, Nair and Bair. You can easily use the entirety of Isaac's kit without needing another one at any particular niche move. If you have the foresight or simply follow the flow of the battle its pretty easy to determine what is most likely the best tool to use in any situation

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 am
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next