The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:22 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Yeah, idea from me... 

The warriors that Aust rescued as he traveled through time have been taken over by shadows. In order to combat the Cyst, the warriors must be freed from their shadowy mind shackles so they can help.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
N30Chaos wrote:
gordofrog wrote:
Sounds cool, but what do you mean by we don't time travel, so it is just the final battle?

No. Aust time traveled, you don't.

Man that sucks. I thought you had come up with something good for once but its just another clichéd RP. Scrap this thing and do time travel.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
N30Chaos wrote:
gordofrog wrote:
Sounds cool, but what do you mean by we don't time travel, so it is just the final battle?

No. Aust time traveled, you don't.

Man that sucks. I thought you had come up with something good for once but its just another clichéd RP. Scrap this thing and do time travel.

Says the guy who told us that time travel was the cliché and I should scrap that.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 am

soren410 wrote:
Says the guy who told us that time travel was the cliché and I should scrap that.

:facepalm:
I guess I do need to be more specific. I'd love to do time traveling into the past. Which is something which I haven't RPed in a while, a very very long while.

But the root of my misunderstanding was probably due to
soren410 wrote:
The story centers around a half human-half elf Paladin named Aust. His birth era is close to pre-midevial .
Everything he once knew had been destroyed. Family, friends, home...everything. Then, through a wormhole, scouts from the far, far future appear to take Aust to their world, the end of time. They need him to prevent the deity known as The Cyst from absorbing the whole galaxy's life force (read about the Cyst in the RPdex, as well as Morgo and his shadows). The RP will be in this time, where all of Earth is literally plunged into darkness. There is a small refuge that houses a rebellion force that is being kept alive, but terrorized by the shadows. Aust is brought here to save the galaxy this time.

Which I must admit, is confusing. There are many questions I can ask based on the plot. More importantly, I would just like to know what Aust's home period is? Is it the Dark Ages? Or does he take up residence in another era after uniting heroes? If he does live in the Dark Ages, there are a bunch of questions that are raised. Or is this just not relative to our history at all?

So confused :?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:03 am

Friggin MoFi crashed. Made me double post.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:03 am

It's a fictional story, man. What more can I tell you about the era than it being "pre-medieval"? It's swords, log houses, dragons, kings, horses, wenches, etc. What confuses you?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 am

I know its a fictional story. I'm asking if its based on Earth's history, only with a high-fantasy edge. Because to me, time-travelling plots do not work if you can not establish a recognizable time frame.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:30 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2