The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:59 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

First off, I know the Devs said anything and everything is subject to change for SSF2, but does that really include ATs? If so, you may have just made me a happy camper...

Also, thank you for your feedback on my moveset I made for Roll! I really appreciate it! Also, as for my Zero/Roll question, there IS expansion characters (DLC characters) you know... :smug:

Sun May 29, 2016 1:31 am

MGN Username: Chizz20
Currently Playing: SSF2 & Touhou
Waifu: Misato Tachibana
Pit and Pac man are finally confirmed :love: Thank you Mr. Geno!
Now i'm speculating to see my Melee and Brawl Main
Ice Climbers

Edit: They are my Number 1 Main in the Smash Series

Mains: :tails: :peach:

Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 am

Currently Playing: SSF2
Exciting news! I'm pretty sure this means the roster changed yet again. :O
I knew Pac-Man was still possible. It's that season of making speculation rosters again!

Do you think we'll see Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta too?

Sun May 29, 2016 11:29 am

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
BluePikmin11R wrote:
I knew Pac-Man was still possible. It's that season of making speculation rosters again!

Time to change up your roster icons! Anyways, I am speculating Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong to be the next characters to be revealed!

Sun May 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Cloud and Ryu maybe, I wouldn't count so much with Bayonetta appearing since she became a nintendo-exclusive after the roster change.
Hopefully they changed the roster yet again so we can have her.

Sun May 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Goku2500 wrote:
BluePikmin11R wrote:

Time to change up your roster icons! Anyways, I am speculating Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong to be the next characters to be revealed!

Wait, I just realized something....If Pac-Man has been added as a playable character to SSF2, AND WAY more importantly, got promoted from a NON-PLAYABLE AT character TO a FULLY PLAYABLE character.......Holy cow, BANDANNA DEE HAS A CHANCE AGAIN! THANK GOODNESS! AMAZING how you and I were JUST talking about this being a possibility. Yesterday, no less!

Sun May 29, 2016 12:52 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
BluePikmin11R wrote:

Wait, I just realized something....If Pac-Man has been added as a playable character to SSF2, AND WAY more importantly, got promoted from a NON-PLAYABLE AT character TO a FULLY PLAYABLE character.......Holy cow, BANDANNA DEE HAS A CHANCE AGAIN! THANK GOODNESS! AMAZING how you and I were JUST talking about this being a possibility. Yesterday, no less!

Hold your horses dude! I understand you are excited Pac-Man and Pit got into SSF2, and I am literally jumping up and down right now over the shocking announcement, but here is something you should know...

The SSF2 Developer Team overhauled the ENTIRE roster back in 2010 and finished it in February-March 2013. Therefore, the entire roster is locked up and sealed.

In v0.7, Bandana Dee and Pac-Man were both revealed as AT's. Therefore, they did not make the playable roster.

Two years later, Pac-Man was "leaked" by McLeodGaming at APEX 2015, leaving fans to wonder what was gonna happen.

Pac-Man was still an AT...UNTIL NOW!!

Just because Pac-Man made the playable cut (Thank God) does not mean Bandana Dee will make the cut either.

I would absolutely love it if Bandana Dee makes it into SSF2 as a playable character, but it seems unlikely. We still need King Dedede.

We will have to wait and see what other magical things happen in SSF2!!

Sun May 29, 2016 1:24 pm

MGN Username: Chizz20
Currently Playing: SSF2 & Touhou
Waifu: Misato Tachibana
Speculating Characters from the Official Smash Series..
Ice Climbers (I really want them to be in Beta soooo bad)
Duck Hunt (More Retro Nintendo Rep)
Palutena (More Female Characters in the Roster)
Villager (Well.. His Stage is in the game)

Mains: :tails: :peach:

Sun May 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Chizz20 wrote:
Speculating Characters from the Official Smash Series..
Ice Climbers (I really want them to be in Beta soooo bad) Hopefully they are the next to be revealed!
Duck Hunt (More Retro Nintendo Rep) YES!
Palutena (More Female Characters in the Roster) Not yet.
Villager (Well.. His Stage is in the game) This would be awesome!

Bold are my notes.

As for the characters I am speculating for the rest of Beta...

Ice Climbers - Smash Con Day 1
Snake - Smash Con Day 2
Lucario - Smash Con Day 3
Falco - Surprise Unlockable Character

Sun May 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Goku2500 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
BluePikmin11R wrote:

Hold your horses dude! I understand you are excited Pac-Man and Pit got into SSF2, and I am literally jumping up and down right now over the shocking announcement, but here is something you should know...

The SSF2 Developer Team overhauled the ENTIRE roster back in 2010 and finished it in February-March 2013. Therefore, the entire roster is locked up and sealed.

In v0.7, Bandana Dee and Pac-Man were both revealed as AT's. Therefore, they did not make the playable roster.

Two years later, Pac-Man was "leaked" by McLeodGaming at APEX 2015, leaving fans to wonder what was gonna happen.

Just because Pac-Man made the playable cut (Thank God) does not mean Bandana Dee will make the cut either.

I would absolutely love it if Bandana Dee makes it into SSF2 as a playable character, but it seems unlikely. We still need King Dedede.

Whoops! You're right. Sorry about that. I guess I got TOO excited there for a moment. This news just got me REALLY hyped for SSF2 even more than before! Still though, in terms of Bandana Dee AND King Dedede who, BTW, I also REALLY want to see in SSF2....well, never say never...

Sun May 29, 2016 4:12 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
BluePikmin11R wrote:

Whoops! You're right. Sorry about that. I guess I got TOO excited there for a moment. This news just got me REALLY hyped for SSF2 even more than before! Still though, in terms of Bandana Dee AND King Dedede who, BTW, I also REALLY want to see in SSF2....well, never say never...

Don't worry about it lol! We all get excited during character reveals!

Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

True, so true. :sweat: Though, I should mention, when SSF2 v0.7 was released, both Pac-Man and Bandana Waddle Dee both didn't exactly have what you'd call...."moveset potential" at the time.

For one thing, Pac-Man wouldn't be announced as a playable character in the official Smash games till Smash 4, 3 YEARS after v0.7 was released. Making up a moveset on the spot for old Pac-Man there admittedly wouldn't be a cakewalk, you know. Heck, even Masahiro Sakurai (the creator of Smash) claimed that this was the exact reason Pac wasn't playable in Brawl, though he was considered.

By extension, Bandana Waddle Dee also didn't really have a moveset to go off of by the time SSF2 v0.7 was released either, unless the devs would be willing to copy and paste Parasol Waddle Dee's moveset onto the little guy. (Heaven forbid... :roll: ) As a mater of fact, B.W.D.'s ONLY appearances to his name at the time of v0.7's release were in Kirby Super Star and its remake, and even then, all he did was serve as a laughably (though still somewhat skilled) easy opponent in Megaton Punch, and a bigger role in Ultra Star's Revenge of the King sub-game, serving as King Dedede's right-hand man and adviser. That being said, Kirby Returns to Dream Land, his first major, PLAYABLE role in a Kirby game.....which was released 10 months or so AFTER v0.7 would give him his definable weapon: his trusty spear. I would hope the devs would have noted the little guy's big pool of moveset potential by now, and not leave him restricted to be a joke Assist Trophy character. At least Pac got lucky today and got promoted from being a simple AT character to actually being playable, so it's got to count for something, right? Who's to say Bandana Dee couldn't get the same treatment?

Also, as I've mentioned before, I'd LOVE to see King Dedede, and I really hope he DOES make into SSF2 soon, alongside many others I'm hoping for. Still, I'm curious to ask, do you think King Dedede and Bandana Dee (if they were both playable) should be starter characters or hidden characters?

Sun May 29, 2016 8:08 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
True, so true. :sweat: Though, I should mention, when SSF2 v0.7 was released, both Pac-Man and Bandana Waddle Dee both didn't exactly have what you'd call...."moveset potential" at the time. Definitely got a point there.

For one thing, Pac-Man wouldn't be announced as a playable character in the official Smash games till Smash 4, 3 YEARS after v0.7 was released. Making up a moveset on the spot for old Pac-Man there admittedly wouldn't be a cakewalk, you know. Heck, even Masahiro Sakurai (the creator of Smash) claimed that this was the exact reason Pac wasn't playable in Brawl, though he was considered. They could have used the current Pac-Man look from Pac-Man World.

By extension, Bandana Waddle Dee also didn't really have a moveset to go off of by the time SSF2 v0.7 was released either, unless the devs would be willing to copy and paste Parasol Waddle Dee's moveset onto the little guy. (Heaven forbid... :roll: ) As a mater of fact, B.W.D.'s ONLY appearances to his name at the time of v0.7's release were in Kirby Super Star and its remake, and even then, all he did was serve as a laughably (though still somewhat skilled) easy opponent in Megaton Punch, and a bigger role in Ultra Star's Revenge of the King sub-game, serving as King Dedede's right-hand man and adviser. That being said, Kirby Returns to Dream Land, his first major, PLAYABLE role in a Kirby game.....which was released 10 months or so AFTER v0.7 would give him his definable weapon: his trusty spear. I would hope the devs would have noted the little guy's big pool of moveset potential by now, and not leave him restricted to be a joke Assist Trophy character. At least Pac got lucky today and got promoted from being a simple AT character to actually being playable, so it's got to count for something, right? Who's to say Bandana Dee couldn't get the same treatment? I hope Bandana Dee eventually makes the playablr cut.

Also, as I've mentioned before, I'd LOVE to see King Dedede, and I really hope he DOES make into SSF2 soon, alongside many others I'm hoping for. Still, I'm curious to ask, do you think King Dedede and Bandana Dee (if they were both playable) should be starter characters or hidden characters? King Dedede would be a starter and Bandana Dee would be unlockable.

Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Speculations yay

Smash Veterans:
Ice Climbers - Do what Sm4sh can't
Snake - C'mon his stage is in the game AND had a trailer before the retool
Ike and/or Smash 3DS/Wii U Roy, maybe Robin - Game needs more FE characters
Olimar and Pikmin - Distant Planet in game, why not Olimar?
King Dedede - Another Kirby representative
Falco - Game also needs more Star Fox representatives
Mewtwo and/or Lucario - Game also needs more Pokemon reps
Pokemon Trainer - Same as ^^^, but please REMOVE THE STUPID STAMINA MECHANIC
Little Mac - Game needs more Side-Bs off the Stage, Lloyd just doesn't cut it for me
Pi- Oh wait, he's already in game...

Newcomers:
Lyn - Fire Emblem - IMO, a better Female FE rep than Lucina and "celebrates" the first FE game released in the west
Knuckles - Sonic - I'd rather have Shadow as an AT, Knuckles is a better 3rd Sonic Rep
Luffy - One Piece - Complete the Shonen 4 pls
Bill Rizer - Contra - We need a rep for the classic shooter game Contra
Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden - Screw Greninja, Ryu is a better Ninja, and no not that other Ryu
Simon Belmont - Castlevania - Dracula's Castle is in game, besides Castlevania is a great franchise and needs a Rep
Adeleine - Kirby - I only want her in game because of BitF, would like to see the BitF crew together once more
Shrek - Shrek - Okay... Maybe not... But he did have some Fighting games on Nintendo consoles

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Mon May 30, 2016 12:02 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
I personally think King Dedede (If he's in the game, that is) will either be a Perma-Unlockable (Similar to Sandbag, he'll be unlockable always and forever) or be a Pseudo-Unlock (Similar to Jigglypuff and Black Mage, they're unlockable in a certain Demo but become part of the starting roster from there on out)
I'm leaning more towards Pseudo-Unlock but SSF2 Beta is the only version left before the full game meaning Dedede's got one shot at that role before SSF2's Full Release
But then again, Dedede has always been known to be rather crafty...

Who knows, really.

Mon May 30, 2016 7:31 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 189  Next