The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
The SRC Presents: SSF2 Global Rankings 2017 
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
The FCR doesn't include SSC because SSC is an offline tourney.

Also, these ranks aren't based off of FCR. The initial pool of candidates was taken from the top 50, but everything past that is based on the opinions of the SRC members.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:38 pm

vashNM wrote:

if u wanna point out wins then lets talk about my secondaries f*** up ur laggy a** :luffy: . for real tho stop trying to get attention from a few games off friendlies, it means nothing and nobody cares.

k. Also when you said your secondaries f*** up my laggy a** you meant my day 1 counterpick. Also 1v1 me mushroom kingdom only, yoshi only, items on, 20 minute time limit.

:luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Ladies, please, let's not lose our heads.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:30 pm

MGN Username: FearZero
Currently Playing: Your heart.
Manta wrote:

22 samples isn't enough to remove bias, statistically speaking. 30 samples is considered standard, but even in an elementary setting this isn't that great. The main issue that could be drawn from this is whether or not those 22 contributors are on this list (undoubtedly perhaps all of them are). If that's the case, there are no guarantees that data is accurate without personal bias towards players someone likes/dislikes or has played more often. Being asked to give a ranking of top players knowing you're one of them as well as someone you have a serious bone with is suspect at best, garbage data at worst; and I think we all know that there are members of any competitive community that aren't above that pettiness, no matter how feigned it may be.

Point is, something along the lines of an ELO ranking would be a good benefit to have right along SCR/FCR since both of those methods are imperfect. It adds additional data that really can't hurt, especially if you're not the one doing the work ;)

22 samples were enough to keep it unbiased as possible, we all know what we lack, we all know where we really are, every top 10 was almost UNANIMOUS among the 22 lists, with the exception of my own top 10 in which i ranked Hanaj 3rd, we all were UNANIMOUS on WHO was in the top10, from top 11 to 30 we all were unanimous as well, only differing to the placements, some people had different picks for 29th and 30th placement mentioning players like DaMexicanOreo, FutureMac and Jammy but those were really on the minority, we all agreed almost unanimously on who deserved to be top 30, the only things we would differ would be on the placements past top 13, and that was pretty much it, so far i believe this is the most perfect method considering more people would alter the rankings quite a lot if their opinions differ much from the others.
Almost everyone we included in the Committee was in top 30 yes, but for the same reason they are top30 is because we included them, since they DO UNDERSTAND THE MECHANICS AND META OF THIS GAME and they do put it on paper with amazingly well thought explanations, even if we hate people in there we all agreed on that person receiving the placement he deserved, Gax is an example of it.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:54 pm
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3