The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[MP] Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed 

Nice!

I think it's something to do with the fact that SEGA announced an upcoming port of Nights into dreams for xbox live arcade, PC and playstation network

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:46 pm

You know who I'd like to see in this game? Phantom R. Maybe Raphael, too. They're both cool guys.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
Michael M wrote:
Nice!

I think it's something to do with the fact that SEGA announced an upcoming port of Nights into dreams for xbox live arcade, PC and playstation network

Yeah. Speaking of that I should probably get onto making a thread for that too...

Personally I'm rather surprised that both NiGHTS and Reala got in but NiGHTS is a very special franchise and it could have been a way to repay all the NiGHTS fans for not putting him/her in the first game.

I have only one picture so far, and that's for the first part of the stage. Let me tell you, it certainly looks beautiful.
to keep with the whole NiGHTS theme, the NiGHTS stage features a lot of air sections. Wizeman, the main antagonist of NiGHTS Into Dreams, appears near the end of the stage too.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
UPDATE! New guest star, Disney's Wreck-It-Ralph, was just announced at Sonic Boom. I dont know when pics are gonna show up since this was a private event but you can bet there will be some soon.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 am

Location: For the first 10 years of my life I thought I lived in America. I was wrong. :<
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light
Phantom R wrote:
UPDATE! New guest star, Disney's Wreck-It-Ralph, was just announced at Sonic Boom. I dont know when pics are gonna show up since this was a private event but you can bet there will be some soon.

At least Ralph is kind of a video game character. Unlike *some* NASCAR racers we know. :/

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 am

Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

At least Ralph is kind of a video game character. Unlike *some* NASCAR racers we know. :/

Yeah. Also Sonic was just confirmed to appear in Wreck-It-Ralph, plus a ton of other SEGA characters are appearing already too, like Eggman and a zombie from House of the Dead. So it makes some sense, I guess.

Now imagine if there was a bonus scene at the end of wreck-it-ralph where Ralph ends up finding his own little sanctuary in the form of All-Stars Racing Transformed, and in order to see him again you have to play the game...Now THAT would be clever marketing right there.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 am

Location: For the first 10 years of my life I thought I lived in America. I was wrong. :<
Phantom R wrote:
Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

Yeah. Also Sonic was just confirmed to appear in Wreck-It-Ralph, plus a ton of other SEGA characters are appearing already too, like Eggman and a zombie from House of the Dead. So it makes some sense, I guess.

Now imagine if there was a bonus scene at the end of wreck-it-ralph where Ralph ends up finding his own little sanctuary in the form of All-Stars Racing Transformed, and in order to see him again you have to play the game...Now THAT would be clever marketing right there.

Sonics gonna be there too?! :O This movie is going to be the video game equivalent of 'Who Framed Rodger Rabbit'. Only I hear the Mario Bros. aren't gonna be in there because Nintendo asked for too much money. Still, I suppose this is kinda fair then. Kinda a 'We'll be in your movie if you join our game' kinda deal. Heh, clever marketing is right, but it may feel like somewhat of a shameless plug.

All that has to happen is have Sonic pop around by the ending and be all "Bye Ralph! See ya on the track next week?" and have Ralph reply "You bet on it!". (Or something along those lines.) XD
I wonder if that means there will be a Wreck-It-Ralph race course...

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:37 am

Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:
Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

Sonics gonna be there too?! :O This movie is going to be the video game equivalent of 'Who Framed Rodger Rabbit'. Only I hear the Mario Bros. aren't gonna be in there because Nintendo asked for too much money. Still, I suppose this is kinda fair then. Kinda a 'We'll be in your movie if you join our game' kinda deal. Heh, clever marketing is right, but it may feel like somewhat of a shameless plug.

All that has to happen is have Sonic pop around by the ending and be all "Bye Ralph! See ya on the track next week?" and have Ralph reply "You bet on it!". (Or something along those lines.) XD
I wonder if that means there will be a Wreck-It-Ralph race course...

We should have saw this one coming honestly. SEGA so far has the most announced characters appearing in Wreck-It-Ralph with 5 (Sonic, Eggman, Cyril the zombie from House of the Dead, Neff from Altered Beast, and a Yellow Robot from Cyborg Justice), so it actually makes a lot of sense.

And while it may seem like a shameless plug-in, the kids who hear of this wont care they'll just want to get the game. They're the biggest audience here, the Sonic and Wreck-It-Ralph fans. Sadly enough, in this day and age, the old SEGA faithful have less prominence than those two fanbases...

I also thought that they could do an ad right before the movie starts showcasing both Sonic and Wreck-It-Ralph, and then really quick showing off just about every SEGA character in the game. Perfect advertising right there, as the kiddies who see it will be all like "YAY! SONIC AND WRECK-IT-RALPH!" while the older gamers will be like "Hey I remember those guys from the Genesis days! This actually looks cool!" I mean, the movie is intended for both really old-school gamers (The ones who will recognize guys like Q-Bert, Neff, etc) along with the kiddies who are just interested in a new Disney movie, so the whole thing just meshes together real well.

Wreck-It-Ralph in the movie actually does end up in a parody kart racer called Sugar Rush, so there's plenty track potential right there. Then again I'm not sure if Sumo Digital is gonna have the time to make a whole track for Ralph when they have so much to work on in the upcoming months, from the stages to the characters to the new single-player mode they are working on...

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Phantom R wrote:
We should have saw this one coming honestly. SEGA so far has the most announced characters appearing in Wreck-It-Ralph with 5 (Sonic, Eggman, Cyril the zombie from House of the Dead, Neff from Altered Beast, and a Yellow Robot from Cyborg Justice), so it actually makes a lot of sense.

And while it may seem like a shameless plug-in, the kids who hear of this wont care they'll just want to get the game. They're the biggest audience here, the Sonic and Wreck-It-Ralph fans. Sadly enough, in this day and age, the old SEGA faithful have less prominence than those two fanbases...

I also thought that they could do an ad right before the movie starts showcasing both Sonic and Wreck-It-Ralph, and then really quick showing off just about every SEGA character in the game. Perfect advertising right there, as the kiddies who see it will be all like "YAY! SONIC AND WRECK-IT-RALPH!" while the older gamers will be like "Hey I remember those guys from the Genesis days! This actually looks cool!" I mean, the movie is intended for both really old-school gamers (The ones who will recognize guys like Q-Bert, Neff, etc) along with the kiddies who are just interested in a new Disney movie, so the whole thing just meshes together real well.

Wreck-It-Ralph in the movie actually does end up in a parody kart racer called Sugar Rush, so there's plenty track potential right there. Then again I'm not sure if Sumo Digital is gonna have the time to make a whole track for Ralph when they have so much to work on in the upcoming months, from the stages to the characters to the new single-player mode they are working on...

Oh, I wouldn't mind it being referenced in the movie, I'm just saying that dedicating the entire conclusion of his story to it would be going to far. :xd:
Yeah, I read about Sugar Rush, I'd say if they were to use any worlds in that movie then it would probably be from there. But your right and besides, I would suspect guest stars wouldn't have a very high priority track-wise. I mean, look at Banjo in SaSASR, I don't think he had his own track. (That said, they were pretty limited with their tracks in terms of franchise variation in that one.) Would be just as well, I don't know many NASCAR tracks that go through water or send you rocketing off cliffs.
Wait, whats the new single-player mode that they are working on?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

Oh, I wouldn't mind it being referenced in the movie, I'm just saying that dedicating the entire conclusion of his story to it would be going to far. :xd:
Yeah, I read about Sugar Rush, I'd say if they were to use any worlds in that movie then it would probably be from there. But your right and besides, I would suspect guest stars wouldn't have a very high priority track-wise. I mean, look at Banjo in SaSASR, I don't think he had his own track. (That said, they were pretty limited with their tracks in terms of franchise variation in that one.) Would be just as well, I don't know many NASCAR tracks that go through water or send you rocketing off cliffs.
Wait, whats the new single-player mode that they are working on?

Oh I wasnt thinking that the ending of the movie would feature that, I'm talking about one of those bonus scenes that are at the end of most movies nowadays. Like after the movie is over and everything is settled, they could have a scene where Sonic or something congratulates him for turning into a good guy and invites him to the game or something...I dunno, just some wild speculation right here :P

The new single player mode hasnt been talked about much...All I've really heard about it is that you choose a character and go through all the tracks (Which represent the franchises) in the game and you unlock characters in the mode too. I look into it a little more, because I know I heard a few details about it. I'll update you when I get some news on it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
i kinda am okay with ralph i mean they put banjo in the 1st one on 360
and all i can say is the more the merrier

I AM APPLE

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Phantom R wrote:
Oh I wasnt thinking that the ending of the movie would feature that, I'm talking about one of those bonus scenes that are at the end of most movies nowadays. Like after the movie is over and everything is settled, they could have a scene where Sonic or something congratulates him for turning into a good guy and invites him to the game or something...I dunno, just some wild speculation right here :P

The new single player mode hasnt been talked about much...All I've really heard about it is that you choose a character and go through all the tracks (Which represent the franchises) in the game and you unlock characters in the mode too. I look into it a little more, because I know I heard a few details about it. I'll update you when I get some news on it.

Oh! One of those in/after the credits clips? Yeah, that would be pretty clever!
Ah, I was hoping it would be some kinda 'adventure mode' kinda thing, or something like Kirby's Air Ride's City Trials.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

Ah, I was hoping it would be some kinda 'adventure mode' kinda thing, or something like Kirby's Air Ride's City Trials.

Well we don't really know exactly what its gonna be, but one of the ideas for it was that during the mode you had to "save" all the characters and by doing so you then unlock them. Like I said, I'll try to see if a Sumo rep will confirm anything.

Oh and by the way, Sumo has said that they are trying their hardest to improve on all the weaker aspects of the first game. They said that they are going to try to dramatcally improve the Battle mode. I know that isn't exactly like City Trial, but it still has the battle aspects of it. I think they said something about a Dogfight level too where you fly around and battle.

An upgrade system is going to be available some way too, but what it is and how it works hasn't been confirmed yet.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I really hope we get more diverse tracks for the series. I'm hoping to see a Green Hill, City Escape and Rooftop Run-themed track for Sonic.

Also I hope Vectorman, Q*Bert, Team Chaotix and Sketch Turner get in this time around.

And, dare I say, Eco the Dolphin.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Last edited by Steven on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Phantom R wrote:
Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:

Well we don't really know exactly what its gonna be, but one of the ideas for it was that during the mode you had to "save" all the characters and by doing so you then unlock them. Like I said, I'll try to see if a Sumo rep will confirm anything.

Oh and by the way, Sumo has said that they are trying their hardest to improve on all the weaker aspects of the first game. They said that they are going to try to dramatcally improve the Battle mode. I know that isn't exactly like City Trial, but it still has the battle aspects of it. I think they said something about a Dogfight level too where you fly around and battle.

An upgrade system is going to be available some way too, but what it is and how it works hasn't been confirmed yet.

I quite liked the battle mode in the first one! Played it a couple of times with some friends. (Especially the king of the hill one.) This sequel is beginning to sound pretty epic! (My only actual complaint is that all the trailers are using dubstep... and I suppose thats more of a personal taste issue... still, I'm hoping that won't be a dominant theme in the game itself.)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 pm
 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next