The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Sa-v wrote:
If you're going to pick up Sheik, Marth, Tails or Fox and play them at a level where they can win matchups that your main cannot, then why not play them in every matchup? -_0 That doesn't make much sense to me.

And thats why I havent considered that thought for a long time. Im just getting tired having all these 70-30 MUs, thats why Im playing around a bit.

EDIT: Ive had an idea in the back of my head for a while now, but never bothered to share it for some reason. What if Fair has both less KB Growth and an angle that would allow to confirm into an Uair/Bair depending on damage, weight/fast fall speed and DI? I think that would provide a nice buff to Chibis KO game and make him much less grab reliant, which makes MUs with opponent having high mobility much easier in the regard of KO setups. At the same time, it would also significantly boost his punish game, because making an mistake around Chibi can actually result in a stock loss for once. What do tzhe other two Chibis think?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Aaaand another Double Post...

During some discussion on slack about Chibi, Cruisin brought up the idea of adding the Zip Lash as a Side B or something. I slightly enhanced on this, and heres my shot at it:

* Chibi Copter gets replaced with Zip Lash, a tether that can be angled as long as B is held and zips out on release
* Distance is the same as Brawl :samus: Zair
* Can stick to enemies and then decide to pull them in by pressing towards Chibi or zip towards them on the cord by pressing to the enemy
* Pressing B mid-pull lets go of the attachment, flinging either Chibi or the opponent into the direction they were moving before (more fling on lighter characters)
* Chibi can jump out of his cord moving in (very low) and dish out any airial that is desired
* Offstage, Chibi can either use this to latch himself onto an enemy and pull himself up and "footstool" him (no meteor though), or pull him down as a last resort if he is not going to make it
* If A is pressed before the wire attaches to something, it does not attach, but instead turns into the Smash Lash, a long ranged KO tool, killing idle Mario at roughly 90% at the edge with no DI (this version cannot grab walls/ledges and always bounces off them)
* Smash Lash can pierce foes and does not lose power on contact, but travels 10% less distance compared to Zip Lash
* If the wire is attached while both Chibi and his victim are airbone, fall speed is doubled for both
* If only Chibi is midair, the victim will slowly be pushed closer to the edge if Chibi is below him (weight dependant, no effect on Metal Characters) and vice versa if the opponent is below Chibi
* Wire can be shaken off with TAS mashing, resulting in repeadted wiggling in an attmept to shake it off. Doing so will flip Chibi (or the opponent if they are getting pulled in)high into the air, helpless and keeping momentum
* Zip Lash can attach to walls, resulting in a wall jump straight upwards and meh distance. Chibi is not able to attach himself to a wall again until he lands (He still can grab enemies and the ledge however. The wall snap does not refresh on hit either)
* The cord rotates during the charge, letting Chibi "hover" for a bit similar to the Zip Swirl in Zip Lash! with low airial speed for 2 seconds. If he does not release the wire during these 2 seconds, the cord spins very slowly and Chibi turns helpless with his arms flailing around
* On the ground, the rotating hitbox knocks people away at a very low angle, dealing 3% and little KB while he airial version does the same damage, but the angle changes depending of the position of the wire on hit
* The Zip Lash can pick up players under the same sircumstances that Haste can
* The plug bounces off solid ground, platforms and walls (if already attached to one previously without landing)
* Chibi hangs on his wire and can pull himself up by pressing A or let go by pressing down if he hangs on a wall or ledge
* Zip Lash and Smash Lash still allows Chibi to jump and attack after the move was performed
* Startup can be cancelled by shielding, airdodging, spotdodging and rolling
* Chibi can jump whilst preparing Zip Lash

I think that should be all. I would love to see this implemantated in gameplay. This would get rid of Chibis recovery issue and make him more intuitive, would give him a great anti-edgeguarding tool as well as another much needed KO option. Id even sacrifice the insane priority the current Chibi Copter has (although I assume that will be removed anyway). What do you think of it? And the Fair re-work idea put in the last post as well if youre at it :wee:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:39 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
It certainlly sounds original, but thats a lot of new frames to be made :( Unless Devs get a lot more spriters, I don't see it happening.
But I do like the idea. GJ Skai

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:02 pm

MGN Username: Juqavies
Currently Playing: SSF2 v0.9b
Plausible but honestly I'm so used to his moveset now i'd rather have them enhance it. Exp: Allowing neutral b to be charged as a kill move etc. To completely alter the character would make him more viable but i'd much rather stay loyal to the current one.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:37 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
I am not sure if this counts as a bug or a new tech.

What happened was I pocketed Samus's Charge Shot (uncharged) mid-air and after some time, when I released it, it was big compared to the one I pocketed. He didn't even use that CSG glitch since this was the only time he used this move in match.

Example: http://gfycat.com/AllWanGar

Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to hit my opponent with this. I could've compared the damage dealt with the "enhanced" version of Charge Shot.

EDIT:- Chibi's down-b sure is interesting XD You wouldn't believe what I am going to say now. I was messing with Samus's down-b. I was surprised when I found out that her bomb gives Chibi the same benefits and techs as Samus. Despite the angle Chibi throws it is different, but still it can force him to "jump" just as Samus does. Then the Morph Jump came into my mind. I tried to get it worked and... it did!

Semicolon wrote:
Still standing near the bomb, jump right as it explodes. If timed correctly, you should jump higher than normal. If you use a move during this super jump, gravity will forget you exist for a few moments.

Although I am not sure why he wrote that you should use this during the super jump. You can use this after you land, it lasts forever unless you use a move. Using Up-B won't end this, but you can still recover higher than usual. Grabbing a ledge will end this (Somewhat similar to Robo Thunder).

Another Example: http://gfycat.com/ElaborateLightheartedGoitered

It works differently for Chibi though. You don't have to jump RIGHT when the bomb explodes. Just run after the bomb and make it bounce you back. And you should be able to do a move while floating. Chibi Jank confirmed?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 am

RagingThunder wrote:
I am not sure if this counts as a bug or a new tech.

What happened was I pocketed Samus's Charge Shot (uncharged) mid-air and after some time, when I released it, it was big compared to the one I pocketed. He didn't even use that CSG glitch since this was the only time he used this move in match.

Example: http://gfycat.com/AllWanGar

Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to hit my opponent with this. I could've compared the damage dealt with the "enhanced" version of Charge Shot.

EDIT:- Chibi's down-b sure is interesting XD You wouldn't believe what I am going to say now. I was messing with Samus's down-b. I was surprised when I found out that her bomb gives Chibi the same benefits and techs as Samus. Despite the angle Chibi throws it is different, but still it can force him to "jump" just as Samus does. Then the Morph Jump came into my mind. I tried to get it worked and... it did!

Semicolon wrote:
Still standing near the bomb, jump right as it explodes. If timed correctly, you should jump higher than normal. If you use a move during this super jump, gravity will forget you exist for a few moments.

Although I am not sure why he wrote that you should use this during the super jump. You can use this after you land, it lasts forever unless you use a move. Using Up-B won't end this, but you can still recover higher than usual. Grabbing a ledge will end this (Somewhat similar to Robo Thunder).

Another Example: http://gfycat.com/ElaborateLightheartedGoitered

It works differently for Chibi though. You don't have to jump RIGHT when the bomb explodes. Just run after the bomb and make it bounce you back. And you should be able to do a move while floating. Chibi Jank confirmed?

Damn. That's really cool. Hmm... I wonder if that will help Chibi overall in the Samus MU in regard to recovering. Great job man!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:36 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Damn. That's really cool. Hmm... I wonder if that will help Chibi overall in the Samus MU in regard to recovering. Great job man!

It sure would :D Most skilled Samus mains often use down-b for escaping moves if they don't have a mid-air jump left. And that's the only situation you can pick the bomb. Also, this tech is way, like wayyyyyyyy easier to perform than Robo Thunder (not trying to be rude). Robo Thunder isn't guaranteed either. If you dash to your foe and use Fair, the angle of it could be completely swapped, which leaves him vulnerable.

This new tech gives you a free non-SD guaranteed Dair. Also, for some reason if you use any move after a mid-air jump/jump you will get double the amount of force the normal jump gives you, resulting in a super jump move. And that's how you recover higher. I wonder if Uair can last longer enough to hit Samus when Samus uses down-b again for escaping. What should we call this tech anyway?

Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 am

Has anyone tried performing falling U-air more at lower percents? It actually leads into quite a few things. For most light characters ( :jigglypuff: :kirby: ) you can perform a full hop into a falling u-air. Then you can combo into a d-air and then follow with any of Chibi's aerials (except u-air... You can also don a u-smash, but it's not worth it).

For most heavy characters ( :donkeykong: :fox: ) you perform the initial full hop into falling u-air and then you can follow-up with an up-tilt or d-smash. I recommend a d-smash as it leads into to other follow-ups like n-air, f-air, or b-air.

A majority of the cast seems to fall prey to a full hop into a falling u-air, followed up by a d-air into d-smash. I performed this a few times online, but most people were able to toss a move out before the u-air hit (so weather it's practical or not....) Anyway, just something I thought I'd share.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:57 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Just like other falling u-air setups (except Falcon's), it's really more of an extending tool after a tech-chase in my opinion than a solid neutral option. Something like fair DI'd down and away -> read tech -> u-air -> destruction is really handy, hoping they're not going to throw an attack out is not.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:03 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
does upthrow actually confirm into upair at kill percents or is my opponent just Diing poorly?

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:38 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Bad DI

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm

From my experience Chibi has to read the DI of either left or right in order to get the up air followup.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:11 pm

It's just poor DI. You can usually just DI out. I personally think it's easier to land d-throw into u-air, but trying to catch an opponent DI-ing backwards isn't the most easy of task.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Double post! I have some ideas about possible Chibi Robo reworks and buffs.

Let start with buffs,
-increase speed on up-tilt.
-make f-tilt do intense shield damage.
-increase range on d-tilt.
-increase range on d-air.
-Make u-air and f-smash connect better (at least have the initial hits pull you into the other hit boxes).
-Give Chibi a z-air.
-More knock back on b-air.
-Less knock back on u-air, but more speed as compensation.
-Give pocket invincibility.
-Make up-special go higher and give it a finishing hit that sends the opponents flying (just so don't get punished after recovering with it).
-Better air mobility.
-Slightly buffed weight and slightly decreased fall speed.

Now... This is just my opinion, but I feel like Chibi has one of the worst grabs in the game.

The start up and end lag... Chibi's grab is so slow that players can just spot dodge it at point blank range. Then there's a large amount end lag for Chibi to get punished (some times extremely hard). Being such a light character and having to eat an f-smash to the face simply for going for a grab is a little unforgiving (IMO). Especially since Chibi doesn't really get much off of his grabs. Sure you can tech chase off of f-throw, but that's usually only on flat stages (which are some of Chibi's worst). U-throw can be DI'ed out of and it really good outside of u-air (once again, DI). Same for d-throw, but you have way more options. B-air, n-air, f-air, u-air, even if the opponent does DI... I was mostly talking about DI'ing out of u-air by moving towards Chibi's direction though (which is pretty much one of his only kill set ups).

Alright, reworks. These are pretty basic.

A. I think Chibi laser should be a stun gun like ZSS's. Unlike ZSS's, This move can be angled and has a large hit box, but at the cost of having less hit stun (it also has to be charged). In it's current state it's pretty useless (IMO). It has to much start up lag, can easily be avoided, and the damage output isn't that great. I think this would be much better.

B. I think it would be neat if you could angle Chibi's grab. Kind of like Chibi Robo zip lash (an alright game). You could bounce it of surfaces and do all sorts of near grab set ups.

C. maybe the devs could implement Chibi's gold form from Zip-Lash. This would give him increased speed and more range on all of his moves.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:34 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
I don't really play Chibi, but going off of theory craft;
-increase speed on up-tilt I agree that it needs a little speed buff, but I also think it needs more hitstun and less KB to basically do the same as Fox's Utilt
-make f-tilt do intense shield damage. The visual of the move to me looks as if it would destroy a shield. yes.
-increase range on d-tilt. Dtilt is plenty fine IMO. Maybe a more horizontal angle and less KB
-increase range on d-air. I don't see why Dair needs more range apart from attacking UpB's with range like Link or Lloyd
-Make u-air and f-smash connect better (at least have the initial hits pull you into the other hit boxes). Uair is already a decent kill move for Chibi, leave it as is. Fsmash definitely needs better connecting hitboxes
-Give Chibi a z-air. I have no comment
-More knock back on b-air. More damage instead. 16% should be good instead of 14%
-Less knock back on u-air, but more speed as compensation. No. Uair is a poor man's Zelda Uair. The point of it is to be a kill move. Just needs more work to hit than what it should be.
-Give pocket invincibility. no. Lemme just spam Pocket whenever I think I'm going to be hit by a smash attack
-Make up-special go higher and give it a finishing hit that sends the opponents flying (just so don't get punished after recovering with it). Or 180° KB angle with slightly more hitstun :twisted:
-Better air mobility. I can agree with better mobility, but Chibi's air speed is good.
-Slightly buffed weight and slightly decreased fall speed. Buffed weight would make chibi even more susceptible to CGs and the slower fall speed would make it easier to juggle him.

I agree that Chibi's Throws are near useless apart from DI Uair setups. I'd personally would see Bthrow with more power and a lower angle; like a gentle Shiek Bthrow.
Fthrow to send a little farther with a worse angle of about 45°.
IMO Dthrow should be similar to DeDeDe's Dthrow in Brawl, or Wolf's.
Uthrow should be more like Fox's current Uthrow but have a much greater KBG so that Uthrow->Uair wouldn't guarantee at 88%+ on Mario in ToS with no DI

How would Chibi's Gold Form work as? A final Smash?

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:07 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 28  Next