The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 am

[ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia I [Town vs Mafia] 

Nobody wrote:
maxmatsu wrote:
JasonGuy299 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Brikmaethor wrote:
I would like to see him defend himself, so I think I'll give it a go.

Vote: JasonGuy

@Nobody: While you make a valid point, the fact remains that I do actually have people who will vouch for me. They will come forth, I am confident, when the situation demands it, but no sooner.

Well until they do, I can't really use that as valid evidence.

Indeed. The fact that you're stalling seems to indicate that you're scum to me.
Just reveal your cards already...

Wait, if you think he is lying, why would you ask him to reveal his cards?

If he reveals his cards and there are legitimate people to defend him, then there are legitimate people to defend him and there's a pretty good chance he's not mafia. If he can't reveal his cards, it's because he doesn't have any and is trying to cover up that he is mafia or something.

While this is true, either way, we can't be so sure it'll be a good thing. He may just be lying, or in another case, he might be something we don't like, such as colt. So, even if we lynch him, there are more like him.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Weavile wrote:
While this is true, either way, we can't be so sure it'll be a good thing. He may just be lying, or in another case, he might be something we don't like, such as colt. So, even if we lynch him, there are more like him.

There's only 7 people. Don't make it sound like he has a army.

And what happened to Mr.Smiley again?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Dunno. He said that he was sorry for being inactive.
Also, worst case scenario, even if we only have 7, minus two because of mafia, there could be four colt. Or maybe there's only two. But there's an even bigger chance that there is no colt. So, how bout' we just lynch Brik? Look at the last two pages. It is supporting me.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Weavile wrote:
So, how bout' we just lynch Brik? Then, with another townie taken care of, me and my mafia buddy will be that much closer to winning.

Fixed.

I find it suspicious that you are essentially throwing caution to the wind, knowing full well that another lynching mistake could be the key to a mafia victory.

Unvote

Vote: Weavile

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:33 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Weavile wrote:
Also, worst case scenario, even if we only have 7, minus two because of mafia, there could be four colt. Or maybe there's only two.
It's doesn't seem like he has followers. They probably would have voted you or someone else out by now since you're so suspicious of Brik.(Or maybe his followers are the inactive people)

I guess I'll change for. You don't seem to have done anything.
Unvotes Jason.

I really don't think we will be able to vote on who to lynch unless the inactive people come back.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Well imo, from all the guys left, the guys I suspect the least are-- wait that would be giving hints. I'll just say I have a thing against lurkers, and Mr Smiley and the other dead mafia were obviously some. I don't feel Brik is mafia, maybe because he is more known? I don't know.

Out of the lurking topic, I'm totally lost on the cards or whatever thing.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 am
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
5th Vote:

Brikmaethor - 3 (Weavile, Jasonguy299, Nobody)
Weavile - 1 (Brikmaethor)

Not voting - 3 (Maxmatsu, Mr. Smiley, ZaloZemsis)

4 to lynch.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 am

ZaloZemsis wrote:
Weavile wrote:
Also, worst case scenario, even if we only have 7, minus two because of mafia, there could be four colt. Or maybe there's only two.
It's doesn't seem like he has followers. They probably would have voted you or someone else out by now since you're so suspicious of Brik.(Or maybe his followers are the inactive people)

Unvotes Jason.

I really don't think we will be able to vote on who to lynch unless the inactive people come back.

True. I should just drop the entire cult thing. Anyways, with a game this small, we don't really have room for cult.

@maxmatsu: Well, in my opinion, here are two main types of Mafia. The kind who don't post much, to try to avoid other people, and the kind who are smarter and make sure they post. The second kind, however, do have something that makes them different from townies. They tend to be more protective, and they tend to over-reason. Brik has filled both of the attributes of the second kind.

After all that, I do agree that Mr. Smiley is also suspicious. His posts are basically saying, "I've been inactive and I'm sorry. I'll try to be more active."
Even with school, homework and all that, I think that if he was so busy, he would not care if he was lynched, because he was so busy. Also, if he had some time that he spent on here, he could really make his posts more detailed.

Oh ya, @ Brik: How does that make sense? If I were Mafia, which I'm not, then there could still be someone with a nighttime kill ability. In addition to that, we could end up lynching mafia. Finally, what the hell does "throwing caution to the wind" even mean? Is it some saying they use where you live? I've never heard anything close to it be said in my entire life...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
www.usingenglish.com wrote:
Idiom Definitions for 'Throw caution to the wind'
When people throw caution to the wind, they take a great risk.
Thomas Tompion on forum.wordreference.com wrote:
The image is of throwing something away, into the wind. You are dismissing caution, and so acting with disregard for safety.

Ah, I had forgotten to factor in the vigilante in my reasoning. He could very well be our saving grace. However, if he guesses or reasons wrongly after a townie lynching, the mafia win. So it's not wise to rely on that alone.

As for my over-reasoning, that's just who I am and how I play. I see no point in under discussing an issue. It's much better to put everything on the table and consider all possibilities, in my opinion.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Location: Ubicación: Vous êtes ici: 地点:場所:Lage: Località: Localização:
Currently Playing: None
Weavile wrote:
ZaloZemsis wrote:
Weavile wrote:

Unvotes Jason.

True. I should just drop the entire cult thing. Anyways, with a game this small, we don't really have room for cult.

@maxmatsu: Well, in my opinion, here are two main types of Mafia. The kind who don't post much, to try to avoid other people, and the kind who are smarter and make sure they post. The second kind, however, do have something that makes them different from townies. They tend to be more protective, and they tend to over-reason. Brik has filled both of the attributes of the second kind.

After all that, I do agree that Mr. Smiley is also suspicious. His posts are basically saying, "I've been inactive and I'm sorry. I'll try to be more active."
Even with school, homework and all that, I think that if he was so busy, he would not care if he was lynched, because he was so busy. Also, if he had some time that he spent on here, he could really make his posts more detailed.

I agree with all of this, but I have a few questions I want to throw out there in the case of Mr. Smiley. Unless his parents are the type who gives out their own "homework" (gawd that sounds a lot like me), I don't think school affairs would get this much in the way. Are you sure about this?

also my main computer went asdf and this computer sucks ballz omfgggg

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Brikmaethor wrote:
www.usingenglish.com wrote:
Idiom Definitions for 'Throw caution to the wind'
When people throw caution to the wind, they take a great risk.
Thomas Tompion on forum.wordreference.com wrote:
The image is of throwing something away, into the wind. You are dismissing caution, and so acting with disregard for safety.

Ah, I had forgotten to factor in the vigilante in my reasoning. He could very well be our saving grace. However, if he guesses or reasons wrongly after a townie lynching, the mafia win. So it's not wise to rely on that alone.

As for my over-reasoning, that's just who I am and how I play. I see no point in under discussing an issue. It's much better to put everything on the table and consider all possibilities, in my opinion.

Okay, Brik. You say this every time I say you over-reason. I understand not wanting your posts to be a couple of short sentences, but, A PAGE LONG POST IS WAAAAAAY TOO LONG. Remember your "a) blah blah blah b)blahblahblah" thing? That post was just so long, I almost didn't read it. Oh, and, using you're reasoning of "OMG THERE ARE ONLY SEVEN PEOPLE LEFT ORLY?", if the vigilante is smart, he has a good chance of killing mafia.

@jasonguy: My older sister, who now is in her sophomore year of college, had a class in high school which made her be up to 2:00 AM in the morning doing homework. School can be, not is, can be a viable excuse for not posting.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:38 am

Eh, I have that kind of hw too and here I am.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:22 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Hooray for procrastination!

*high fives maxmatsu*

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Sorry, been a bit tied up with homework. I've pretty much procrastinated until this afternoon.

My vote still stands. Brik has been very evasive with his answers, and with his responses in general.

Adopted by Shounic

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Dark Ermac wrote:
Hooray for procrastination!

*high fives maxmatsu*

*high fives back*

Talking about HW... ugh I have to do it.

I doubt the real reason for smiley is hw.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 pm
 [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next