The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:42 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Kuro Kagami wrote:
Reix wrote:
Isn't the Hero's Shade assumed to be the ghost of Link from the failed timeline?

And I'm pretty sure that it's an endless cycle of reincarnation for each of the Triforce wielders, regardless of origin.

nah, that wouldn't make sense from what i see considering there should be only one link for that.. time, i guess for the lack of a better word.
even then though, shouldn't there be only ONE link?

There's one living Link/Zelda/Ganon at a time. Ganondorf has a habit of being sealed rather than killed, so he's mostly the same, but Hero's Shade is the start of one of the branching timelines. He died, so he teaches New Link moves so he won't.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Reix wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Reix wrote:
Isn't the Hero's Shade assumed to be the ghost of Link from the failed timeline?

And I'm pretty sure that it's an endless cycle of reincarnation for each of the Triforce wielders, regardless of origin.

nah, that wouldn't make sense from what i see considering there should be only one link for that.. time, i guess for the lack of a better word.
even then though, shouldn't there be only ONE link?

There's one living Link/Zelda/Ganon at a time. Ganondorf has a habit of being sealed rather than killed, so he's mostly the same, but Hero's Shade is the start of one of the branching timelines. He died, so he teaches New Link moves so he won't.

The timelines have never crossed over and that would be a bizarre place to start. He's Majora's Mask Link, even the Historia supports this.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:46 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
uhm there were very clearly 4 links living at the same time in 4 swords #rekt

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Ziku wrote:
Reix wrote:

The timelines have never crossed over and that would be a bizarre place to start. He's Majora's Mask Link, even the Historia supports this.

Did I say that wrong? I thought Hero's Shade was Link from when he died, starting the Failed Timeline.

Steven wrote:
uhm there were very clearly 4 links living at the same time in 4 swords #rekt

#ugtme

Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Reix wrote:
Ziku wrote:
Reix wrote:

Did I say that wrong? I thought Hero's Shade was Link from when he died, starting the Failed Timeline.

TP's in a different timeline than that one.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:36 pm
YIM

yeah but where do the cd-i games fit on the timeline

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:39 pm

cuter anime girl wrote:
yeah but where do the cd-i games fit on the timeline

The decline of the decline timeline

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:42 pm

but then when does Soulcalibur II take place

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:53 pm

cuter anime girl wrote:

Right after Link obtained the TetraForce from the Temple of Light by beating the Running Man in a race and playing Overature of Sages in the melted Zora's domain, causing to disappear from Hyrule so Valley of the Flood could take place and said reprecussions are felt well into Shard of Nightmare, which itself is a reference to Nightmare slipping between the cracks and into Hyrule only to be slain by The Mystical Seed of Courage and the gun Link got for beating the game 20 times without dying.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 pm

MGN Username: C_Mill24
Currently Playing: Shovelware
Waifu: Laura Bailey
Ziku wrote:
cuter anime girl wrote:

Right after Link obtained the TetraForce from the Temple of Light by beating the Running Man in a race and playing Overature of Sages in the melted Zora's domain, causing to disappear from Hyrule so Valley of the Flood could take place and said reprecussions are felt well into Shard of Nightmare, which itself is a reference to Nightmare slipping between the cracks and into Hyrule only to be slain by The Mystical Seed of Courage and the gun Link got for beating the game 20 times without dying.

I've beaten the game thirty times without dying, and did all the other requirements. Where's the gun? : (

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:05 pm

"He is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, filled with regrets from being unable to pass on the "lessons of his life to those who came after him" after he was sent back in time to his childhood."

Oh, he's filled with regret, but not from losing to Ganondorf, just being unable to teach.
Right?

Damn, timelines are friggin confusing.

Ziku wrote:
cuter anime girl wrote:

*Actually, Soul Calibur is technically Adult Link from OoT. He's an adult, a renowned hero chosen by Zelda, and his ending is him returning to Hyrule with a faint sound of an Ocarina.*

This one I actually know.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Reix wrote:
"He is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, filled with regrets from being unable to pass on the "lessons of his life to those who came after him" after he was sent back in time to his childhood."

Oh, he's filled with regret, but not from losing to Ganondorf, just being unable to teach.
Right?

Damn, timelines are friggin confusing.

Ziku wrote:
cuter anime girl wrote:

*Actually, Soul Calibur is technically Adult Link from OoT. He's an adult, a renowned hero chosen by Zelda, and his ending is him returning to Hyrule with a faint sound of an Ocarina.*

This one I actually know.

Link isn't any specific Link in Soul Calibur, he's just "Link". His given backstory alludes more to Link to the Past than anything else, his design is squarely Ocarina of Time but can wield many weapons from many games.

It's not canon, it isn't in the timeline, he's just there

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 pm

but where does Spawn fit into the Zelda timeline

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:03 pm

cuter anime girl wrote:
but where does Spawn fit into the Zelda timeline

Hyrule was created when Spawn remade existence after God and Satan f*** everything up and were banished to the destroyed earth. Al Simmons, deciding he didn't want to be worshipped, created the three Goddesses as scapegoats for Hyrule's design and Man of Miracles became Hylia because being Jesus worked out so well and she wanted to be a positive influence again. Demise is clearly Satan trying to get to Spawn and MoM's new world but the Master Sword was made of melted church bells to repel him, an idea that they borrowed from Hellboy, which is also part of the same universe. MoM eventually became Jesus again in the downfall timeline, hence why there are crosses in those games.

When God finds out where Hyrule is, it's gonna get pretty nightmarish

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
but where does chain chomp fit into the zelda timeline

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:23 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 95  Next