The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:51 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Please Help To Analyze My Play 

I am a pretty terrible Ichigo :ichigo: main. If you want to help, I have some vids of some matches I lost, so you could pick up on habits, mistakes and missed opportunites I didn't see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJDwaKZt5E& - Me vs A Yoshi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTRyTH7T5rA&t - Me vs A Megaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMgcKgTYkk& - Me vs A Megaman 2

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Hmmm, for starters, you use Fsmash and Usmash too often. You should save that for punishing recoveries or laggy moves.

Your recovery is also too predictable. You should use the Side Special to grab ledges when you can. You can also charge it to go further. Side Special can also be used as an approach or attack interruption option.

You also seem to rely on the dash attack for approaches. Instead of just using that, you should do aerial approaches too. And when the opponent is nearby, use Dtilt, it's faster and less risky. Down Special is also a good approach option now that it ain't useless anymore.

Also Ichigo does better as a rushdown character I find. If you hit your opponent, keep attacking.

You should also charge the Getsuga Tensho when using it. It does multiple hits and sets up for aerials.

Did you know you can grab out of shield immediately? If you try a normal attack while shielding, you'll instantly grab the poor sap attacking you. I noticed you missed this when the megaman from the second replay was dash attacking into your shield.

That's all for now.

Also, if I may ask, how did you record these videos? If you recorded replays, which software did you use to record them?

P.S: You might wanna repost this in the Ichigo Character Community so more Ichigo players can see this and potentially help.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:42 am

Hmm,

Quote:
Hmmm, for starters, you use Fsmash and Usmash too often. You should save that for punishing recoveries or laggy moves.

Yes I know, but the range and kill power is too much to resist! It is so fun when someone starts running up to me blindly, and I jsut f-smash them.Will have to work on that though. However for the up-smash, I mostly use it to cover rolls and techs, as well as catch landings and juggling. Is this wrong or is that part fine.

Quote:
Your recovery is also too predictable. You should use the Side Special to grab ledges when you can. You can also charge it to go further. Side Special can also be used as an approach or attack interruption option.

Huh, I know my recovery is terrible its just, I don't know how to lab out side-b recoveries, and whenever I try, I too often fall just short, or just below the ledge. Any suggestions there on how to practice? As for approaching as well as interuppting attacks, it seems too laggy for that. I will try it out though and see how it works, though do say how I should use it correctly though.

Quote:
You also seem to rely on the dash attack for approaches. Instead of just using that, you should do aerial approaches too. And when the opponent is nearby, use Dtilt, it's faster and less risky. Down Special is also a good approach option now that it ain't useless anymore.

Hmm, I think I mixup dash attack with nair and fair quite well, just that I do the latter unsafely in shield and get punished. Will still try and see where I can improve in that regard. Dtilt though, I will try to use more of, haven't heard that suggested as yet. Down-B as an approach option though? Isn't he stationary in that. In fact I don't really know how to use down special. Educate me if you can

Quote:
Also Ichigo does better as a rushdown character I find. If you hit your opponent, keep attacking.

Hmm, I think I do too much rushing down at times, I think I lay off attacking though because I often don't know all the followups. However there is only one way to fix that and I know what it is. I will try hit the labs more.

Quote:
You should also charge the Getsuga Tensho when using it. It does multiple hits and sets up for aerials.

Neutral-B for me is a challenge to charge for multiple hits while in neutral, it takes too long and leaves me too open if I am too slow or it misses. How should I find time to charge it safely?

Quote:
Did you know you can grab out of shield immediately? If you try a normal attack while shielding, you'll instantly grab the poor sap attacking you. I noticed you missed this when the megaman from the second replay was dash attacking into your shield.

Shieldgrabbing huh, I don't think I use that options enough, mostly because I would rather do an aerial or dash attack. I will try to shieldgrab more though as I know the basic followups.

Quote:
Also, if I may ask, how did you record these videos? If you recorded replays, which software did you use to record them?

I recorded this using OBS Studio [ https://obsproject.com/download ] , And I put it on low settings from this video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nx-kCA9N0g ] (cringy I know) to make sure there was no lag. (the main change was dropping it to 30 fps from the native 60)

Quote:
P.S: You might wanna repost this in the Ichigo Character Community so more Ichigo players can see this and potentially help.

I will post to the ichigo character community, thanks for the suggestion

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm
 [ 3 posts ]