The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The Comprehensive SSF2 Advanced Technique Compendium 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Huey wrote:
EDIT:
Zalozis wrote:
- Double Dash Jump-Cancel Up-Smash/Tilt/Grab (Which I want to shorten as Shoryuken Jump-Cancel)

I noticed that when you do a Dash-Cancel, the some of the initial-dash momentum transfers into the next dash to cancel. You basically, Dash > Cancel > Dash Jump-Cancel. This input is forward, down, forward; a Dragon-Punch motion in traditional fighting games, and to why it's secondary name is Shoryuken Jump-Cancel. The timing takes practice. You can't do it too fast or you will jump or Up-Smash before your second dash begins.

Simply put, this techniques lets you slide nearly twice as far as a normal Jump-Cancel attack would. Now a character like Mario, Zamus, or Black Made slide a pretty good distance with Up-smash, Up-tilt, etc. While characters who already slid a pretty good distance, aka. Tails, Bomberman, Falcon, Fox, etc. now can slide half the stage length or more of Smashville. Reaching Brawl DACUS sliding distances. Can lead d to interesting follow-ups or to cover distances quickly to punish a whiffed move.

HOLY F#CK! Shouts to Zalo for this one. F#cking hell... It's like cheating with Bomberman lol #SHORYUKENJUMPCANCELHYPE

tbh I don't actually see that much use out of this one. I mean, I did some testing with it and I found that doing a SRK utilt and just a running utilt get about the same distance for the same speed. A character like Falcon is actually worse off using this. Bomberman and MK tho

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:20 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Godot wrote:
tbh I don't actually see that much use out of this one. I mean, I did some testing with it and I found that doing a SRK utilt and just a running utilt get about the same distance for the same speed. A character like Falcon is actually worse off using this. Bomberman and MK tho

Uh, I'm not sure if you're not doing it properly or if we just see it differently but this is awesome for Falcon if you ask me. He slides more than half the distance of the average stage while doing a grab usmash or utilt. Useful for any char with a long initial dash really

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:34 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Huey wrote:
Godot wrote:

Uh, I'm not sure if you're not doing it properly or if we just see it differently but this is awesome for Falcon if you ask me. He slides more than half the distance of the average stage while doing a grab usmash or utilt. Useful for any char with a long initial dash really

Nah, I'm just saying that in the same time that it would take him to do this with the motions that Zalo specifies, you can get the same distance by just running and doing the utilt/grab/upsmash. His initial dash and his run speed are pretty much the same. I mean, otherwise this is just more inputs to do the same thing right?

Just going off of foxtrotting data I have collected, I hypothesize that this technique is very useful for Puff, Pika, MK, Chibi, Tails, Lloyd, Naruto, Bomberman, and Yoshi. The rest have negligible speed increases if any.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 am

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Oooooh, I see what you're saying. Makes sense. I never thought about trying to do that input under normal circumstances. I guess I have a super easy time with it because of my right trigger being crouch and right bumper being jump. Basically my input is dash forward>right trigger>dash forward>right bumper+cstick up. Looks kinda long but it's really just 4 quick inputs. Controller makes everything easier :D Especially having a button that acts as crouch and being able to click your thumbstick to dash.

Not sure if me being able to do the input faster than normal would help with Falcon's case but it sure makes it easy to do with Bomber

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:17 am
SSF2 Developer

Huey wrote:
Oooooh, I see what you're saying. Makes sense. I never thought about trying to do that input under normal circumstances. I guess I have a super easy time with it because of my right trigger being crouch and right bumper being jump. Basically my input is dash forward>right trigger>dash forward>right bumper+cstick up. Looks kinda long but it's really just 4 quick inputs. Controller makes everything easier :D Especially having a button that acts as crouch and being able to click your thumbstick to dash.

Not sure if me being able to do the input faster than normal would help with Falcon's case but it sure makes it easy to do with Bomber

Bomberman, with proper foxtrotting, moves faster than Fox so I would expect this to be pretty useful for him

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:32 am

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Posted an example of my tech.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:37 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
BlueFirebird wrote:
Posted an example of my tech.

Where? I don't see it anywhere. You haven't edit your post yet, either.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:55 am

It's the replay.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
your post doesn't have any file attached to it

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:40 am

The replay is posted where I posted the Platform Bounce Cancel.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:49 am

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
I watched the replay, and I don't really see anything.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:44 pm

If you are ever gonna update this. I have updated my post with a new Fox AT and added some examples.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Sorry for the double post but how come there isn't falling up-smash in sub-universal techniques?

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:45 am

Lite2Key wrote:
I watched the replay, and I don't really see anything.

Oh yeah: It's based on this video! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ktvMV2e8I

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:20 pm

b]Name[b/] Forward Momentum Bounce Shot
Example(s): Will be below.
Characters that can perform: :sonic:
Description: This move basically gives Sonic's bounce attack a large amount of forward momentum after cancelling the spindash and jumping. This can be ultilized to your advantage as shown in the example replays posted below.
Method:
Input your Down-B and then as soon as you jump input the Down-B again and you'll go forward while bouncing but be careful in certain stages such as: Final Destination, Smashville, and Fourside otherwise you will fall of the stage.

Attachments:
Spin Bounce Shot Example 2.ssfrec [973 Bytes]
Downloaded 53 times
Spin Bounce Shot Example.ssfrec [2.46 KiB]
Downloaded 55 times
Distance of the S.B.S.ssfrec [858 Bytes]
Downloaded 52 times

Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 pm
 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next