The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:07 am

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
>4 votes on town investigative role

This is exactly why lynching on the first day is going to be a mistake.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
kevinb1229 wrote:
...eliminating one if we do a random lynch. My vote of NL still stands.

The thing is though, we're not RLing. We've got a good number of clues about who is suspicious and what mistakes they've made.

Also, this is Proffesor Layton Mafia. With all the thugs to choose from, I wouldn't be surprised at all if 194 chose to have a serial killer.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:51 pm
BR Member

Sorry for DP, didn't see Crabby's post.

@Crabby: A mistake for the Mafia. :P

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Alright, so here it is, my reason for voting Crabby...

At first when he claimed, he didn't state his name. It may not seem that important to do this, but in this type of mafia, it actually is. This would be to prevent the mafia from counter-claiming. This does seem awfully suspicious, however, I am starting to rethink about my vote. Later today (in real time), I'll decide whether or not I want to keep my vote.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Sorry for the DP (again :P )

@TheSilentOne, I've been throwing votes around to get discussions going.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
I think the best thing to do at the moment is lynch someone. I don't think lynching Crabby just because he didn't show his name (which he did couple posts back) is a good reason for possible scum.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about my vote on Crabby, and there really is no logical reason to vote for him. Unvote.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Let's assume that there are two investigation roles(Genis and Crabby) Both of these people have revealed themselves as investigation roles so one thing is for sure. One of them is most likely going to die on N1(unless there are two doctors which I seriously doubt.) Knowing this you think the mafia would want to end the day as soon as they could with the worse outcome for day one, which is (in my opinion) no lynch. So anyone who had voted no lynch after the two had given there roles holds a place of suspicion in my mind. Since there are two potential candidates I won't change my vote just yet since I can't narrow down on who I think is scummier, but it's something to keep in mind. By the way if anyone thinks no lynch is a good idea I would like to say otherwise. There is little to no chance of killing a mafia if we vote no lynch. The next day we would just be in a worse situation we are in right now(we can't particulary trust anyone who says their the investigation roles either,so if any of you were thinking of using that to your advantage too bad.) If we do lynch however at least we have a 33% chance of killing a mafia,even if that might put us in a worse situation it's better then doing nothing.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 pm
BR Member

I was hoping to keep this secret until at least tommorow, but... Alright. I'm Proffesor Layton. An investigative role.
I believe Genis much more than I believe Crabby, and I doubt that even in Proffesor Layton Mafia that there would be more than two town-sided investigative roles.
Another reason that I distrust Crabby.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:16 am

Any reason why Genis is trusted more than me? Is it because I claimed first?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 am

crabbyman66 wrote:
Any reason why Genis is trusted more than me? Is it because I claimed first?

Well maybe it was because you didn't put the name of your character at first, but it was also suspicious that you had a very vague abilities for the granny role. It kind of sounds made up.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:27 am

In the game, the granny holds all of the unsolved puzzles for the layton and gives various hints on the puzzles. How does a type of investigative role not fit my character?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:35 am

Alright, so we have 3 investigator claims. I doubt that there are 3 investigators, so one of them is maf, or a thrid-party role (most likely fool trying to get lynched). If he is a third-party role, we have to be careful so that we don't get a fool win. Or, one of them is mafia, covering themselves up (It seems as though Crabby is more suspicious then the rest). Or there really are three investigators, which is really unlikely. Since DJ counter-claimed, the doc (or whatever protective role we have) should be on a random person since the mafia would be stupid to kill their counter-claim at night, because it would just give away their role as mafia.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:15 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
We are running very close to the deadline for a decision. We have to make a choice soon. I personally think it is possible that all three were told they were investigative roles, but that not all of them recieve reliable answers. I think that all three of them should investigate a single individual tonight, then compare results to check sanity.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am

I really doubt that all of them are investigative roles. Like I said before, one of them is maf/3rd party.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:17 am
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next