The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:41 pm

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
House of Despair: Creepy Caper of the Crying Coffin 

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Kevin laughed slightly as he stared at the book. He too examined it carefully, trying to determine if he should throw it to the next person. Grasping it in his hand, turning it all directions, paying attention to even the smallest bits and spots of dirt. He grunted quietly while doing it, as if not wanting to. He looked at the man who had thrown it at him. Idiot's tryna kill me.. He thought, as he passed it to the architect.

Last edited by Kevin on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:14 am
Site Moderator

"Ok, we're never going to get anywhere unless I intervene. Nothing in here is dangerous! Get going, you neanderthals! A book! A book scares you! I don't see you even lasting a second in this place! Oh no, we believe in the supernatural! Magic and curses exist!!! Beware the evil book!! AHH!!!"

The crowd laughed jauntily and mocked the players by imitating the book throwing.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:59 am

Currently Playing: The Game
"Paranoia does wonders," half saying to myself.

This, GM, he is strange, John would do well to probe him as much as possible, using these, he looked at the others, tools.

"John Smiff, journalist, let's go you guys," an almost eager tone, "I want to see the level design."

Getting up, dusting himself off and giving a good grin to others and waited by the door.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:55 pm
Site Moderator

The book leaped from it's spot on the ground and stuck itself to John's back. It rumbled and vibrated, a writhing beast not wanting to be left to die.

Jin wrote:

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Dennis had missed catching the book, and had dropped it. He looked away, and a loud vibration had hit his ears. He jumped back at the sudden noise, and realized that it was the book. It had seemingly attached itself to the man who had introduced himself as John. He stood there in awe at the writhing literature, and shook with fright. He thought that he should help, but he didn't want to put himself in danger. He contemplated what to do, and decided to try to distract the living volume. He shook up a can of Mountain Dew, and released the top, sending the lime green beverage spraying towards the beast.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:18 pm
Site Moderator

The book shivered, but continued to hold fast to John's back. Words glowed to life on it's cover in a silvery blue.

"Defense against a cruel life, death, and strife.
Erif Dloc
"

Jin wrote:

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Location: not here!!!!!! Location: i alredy told u Location: quit asking!!! Location: glitchy thing!
Jacob simply watched in awe as all this happened, until the book started glowing and his mind instantly went to work. "Cold fire, it says. That's cold fire spelled backwards." He knew what it was because occasionally he'd write down a few mind puzzlers to do while on break, and most of them included the simple trick of reversing words.

"But... What could it mean?"

Default: Haingi
Purple: Hollow
Orange: Uchiwa
Blue: Orine

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Okay, so now there was a living book stuck on to his back. It was only mildly discomforting. He heard someone say Cold Fire. Apparently a keyword of some sort. Well, he'd leave that to whoever could figure it out. Still unwilling to stay in this room any longer, John tried the door, in an attempt to see if would open towards him so that whatever cosmic horror that was on the other side would be shielded partially from him by the door. If it didn't it would do him no good.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:14 am
Site Moderator

The door opened easily with a creak. Light flooded the entire room. Beyond the doorway was a pristine hall full of starched marble pillars and beautifully colored tapestries. The walls were adorned with vibrant paintings, although they were very unfamiliar. Perhaps the work of a solo artist, perchance many underrated individuals. Numerous chandeliers swung idly from the ceiling, trying desperately to bring light to every nook and cranny of the corridor.

The hallway was first class, as some may call it. Something one would see in a fairy tale or luxurious castle suite. Either way, it was better than the dingy, malformed expanse they had been inhabiting. The book's cover's words faded, the light seemingly transferring itself to the first page.

Jin wrote:

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Kevin smiled, knowing this was his specialty. He hesitated to even think about it, due to a thought that came across his mind. If I come off as stupid to them, less work for me. But, they aren't idiots.I supposed I could try it."Errm." "Does..Anyone have any idea of what it means?" "I-I sure don't." He said, trying his best not to smirk or look suspicious of anything. Damn, Blew it.. Too obvious.He thought, now another thought of horror coming across his mind. I might have to work hard...Yuck.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Location: not here!!!!!! Location: i alredy told u Location: quit asking!!! Location: glitchy thing!
"The first page!" Jacob yelled, running over to the one with the book and quickly opening the cover without waiting for permission or anything else of the sort.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:28 pm
Site Moderator

The first page glowed. Silvery blue words shone through, as if it were creating a hole.

"In the real world
as in dreams,
nothing is quite
what it seems."

Jin wrote:

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Great, A little poem to go along with it. Kevin thought, staring at the first page blankly.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Glad to have the book off of his back, John looked into the expansive hall. He heard someone say something. Was it the thinker? Well someone was trying to weasel out of work now are they? His default expression had changed from serious into something else, nothing escapes my photographic memory. I should play along.

"Well now my dear Watson, I believe it may be of use to us. And if that poem is to be of any use to use, take a look over there," gesturing overtly, my tone patronising to indicate that his ploy was seen through, "that beautiful hall, it probably is not what our GM wants us to see."

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 am

"Well, my guess is that this guy is some kinda psycho... He might've hired a few murderers to hide in there and kill us when we passed by..." Jacob says, after reading the poem.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:42 am
 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next