The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 pm

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
March 16th, 2020 News (Forums Permanently Closing on 4/30) 

MGN Username: Rollaboy
Currently Playing: SSF2, Terraria, Spelunky and whatever else Cthulhu brings me.
Waifu: Shoggoth. Tekeli-li.
Okay, so... Honest question for the admins. After the forums get archived, will we have to keep our images links up, or will the images get new links within the archival system?

Main:Image Secondary: Image

Image The satisfaction of making your own art is something truly remarkable. :colonthree:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Jesus no.

I've been lurking around here for nearly a decade. I hadn't prepared for this. I used to love going here and seeing the character discussion. It's so much less cluttered than Discord, and way more orderly than Twitter. There's simply no proper alternative.

C'est la vie mon ami.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Wow, RIP Forums, I'll miss this; lurking here was pretty fun, ngl. Also everything pennylessz said tbh.

Since apparently everyone here's gonna move to Discord, a forgiveness global unban could be pretty cool.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 pm

MGN Username: Expert Gaming
I wanted to created an account earlier in 2012 or 2013, but I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough time and the website didn't let me join the forums for some reason. I mostly came in here as a guest reading the FAQ and general discussion. Now it seems like this place will be gone. Things would have probably been different had I joined earlier. I didn't have to chance to post in this place, either, despite creating this account for around 3 years or so.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
kinda feels like putting your parents in a home

these forums raised me and taught me so much, but it also prepared us for a bright future on other social media platforms. discord is chill, hopefully we can get some of the dope artists from these lots to join us over there

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:07 pm

MGN Username: God-sama
Currently Playing: Minecraft, SMBX , Kirby Dreamland thingy.
WELL, its been a good run honestly, good things must always come to an end.

It's been awesome messing with ya'll.

There's one time I want to tell you all before I go......

I'm actually 19.

Will miss ya'll ;D

Lukepi wrote:
read my post in your thread after i locked it.

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

go ahead and test me. see what happens.

;)

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 pm
Site Admin

Rollaboy wrote:
Where will we post bug reports and the like?

Your best bet for bug reports will be the new SSF2 website's contact page: https://www.supersmashflash.com/contact/

Rollaboy wrote:
Will the questions in the ask dev thread be answered?

Anything that doesn't gets answered by us here will always have an opportunity to be answered on our other platforms. Discord probably isn't always the best for this, but I definitely recommend Twitter and Email

Rollaboy wrote:
Will the discord become a pseudo-forum of sorts to house everyone that is here?

In a way it's already become that. I know that it will never be a 1:1 replacement since the experiences are fundamentally different and instant-messaging doesn't appeal to everyone. But if you look at the member count our Discord it's already well on its way to surpsassing the forums and it hasn't even existed for a quarter of the time the forums have

Nonya wrote:
Sad news. Miss yall. Maybe the archived version could reopen some of the old sections we don't have access to currently, like the 9B section? It'd go a long way in terms of preserving the forum's history, if it still all exists somewhere.

I can see what's still around that can be re-surfaced for sure.

:cry:

Rollaboy wrote:
Okay, so... Honest question for the admins. After the forums get archived, will we have to keep our images links up, or will the images get new links within the archival system?

Since the forums are so large I'm not sure if it's possible to download every external image that's ever been embedded, but I will be looking into our options.

---

Anyway it's really touching to hear all of the fond memories you guys have of the place. Despite the bumpy start with hackers and bots I think we really did manage to make the best of this place while we could. The world is just changing too fast and this is sadly feeling a lot like collateral damage of these changes. I'm just glad that MG and SSF2 are still going strong in literally all other areas and hope to keep up that momentum indefinitely.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Cleod9 wrote:
Anyway it's really touching to hear all of the fond memories you guys have of the place. Despite the bumpy start with hackers and bots I think we really did manage to make the best of this place while we could. The world is just changing too fast and this is sadly feeling a lot like collateral damage of these changes. I'm just glad that MG and SSF2 are still going strong in literally all other areas and hope to keep up that momentum indefinitely.
yeah honestly I don't know what possessed teenage you to be like "yeah im gonna make a forum" but that decision ended up influencing my life profoundly. Funny world. Thanks bud

Lemme buy you a beer next time youre around dc. I've made the offer before but now im making it publicly so people can shame us if it doesnt happen

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:13 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
Cleod9 wrote:
Rollaboy wrote:
Where will we post bug reports and the like?

Your best bet for bug reports will be the new SSF2 website's contact page: https://www.supersmashflash.com/contact/

On the "Your Name" area, am i supposed to simply put my MGN nickname or..?

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
CraftGMC wrote:

It says only "Your Name" therefore you have necessarily to put your true name.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:53 pm

I'll miss you mcLeoud, are you gonna mention that I gave yall the idea for bomberman ;D?

Lukepi wrote:

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

;)

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Site Admin

Term wrote:
yeah honestly I don't know what possessed teenage you to be like "yeah im gonna make a forum" but that decision ended up influencing my life profoundly. Funny world. Thanks bud

Lemme buy you a beer next time youre around dc. I've made the offer before but now im making it publicly so people can shame us if it doesnt happen

Haha, I think I just really liked the idea of a forum from the get-go. Organizing it into topics of interest and coming by after school to see what's new in the community felt really nice. It was far less overwhelming than today's social media in my opinion

Anyway I'll try to reach out the next time I end up in DC!

CraftGMC wrote:

It can be whatever you want, most people who email us just put their forums or discord nicknames which helps us narrow down who we're talking too if you have an account already with us

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Term wrote:

gonna echo this a bit here and agree. even though I’ve probably only personally interacted with you about 3 times before now, Cleod, I kind of owe the majority of my current friendships to this website’s existence, and that wouldn’t have happened without you. it’s almost a surreal thought, lol.

i’d echo the beer sentiment but there is a 0% chance you would ever need to come here, but if we’re all ever at a con together for some reason you can bet I’ll grab you one. and then 6 or 7 for myself

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:29 am

Currently Playing: ssf2
Dang I am going to miss this place

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Yea, i'm thinking should we call this the end and part ways?

Or should we make like a new community or something?

Lukepi wrote:

;)

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 pm
 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next