The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
To go into the other question, I think Chibi/Sora is even or 55/45 for Chibi. Soras main problem of not being able to kill is a bit less notable because Chibi is fairly light, and he can Fair you out of a Toothbrush if perfectly timed; UAir/Dair get this done as well. You will want to keep Sora a bit away from you and use your higher range with your disjoints to keep him at bay. YOur projectle is also superior, and Pick Up is actually a niche edgeguard tool against Sora (it spawns right inside you). Offstage you have a big advantage because all of your airials beat any of Soras options. Flowmotion is highly vulnerable to 3rd hit Nair, Bair or even a risky Dair from above or a falling UAir. Finishing Leap also loses to Nair and Bair, so those two moves are your best options. Bair kills a tad sooner, but Nair is more consistent and easier to hit with, so Id recommend using it most of the time.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but grab to dair can result in an instant kill for the vast majority of the cast.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:37 pm
BR Member

Erm... You cannot Dair if you grab someone. And most skilled players dont fall for the Shieldgrab -> BThrow offstage -> Dair tactic.

Yet a different topic fir us two Chibi mains: From my experience, Chibi Copter is almost untouchable from above. Beats out stuff like Links Dair ir gernally anything that comes from above. Vulnerable from the sides and below, but I find myself going through a ton of moves.

Also wanted to throw in that DTilt ilseems to be a decent poke if yor opponent sticks to the ground, but FSmash seems to be more efficient for that.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
A note of caution: I'm pretty sure Marth can spike Chibi-Copter. (Also, did you know that Marth can spike Dolphin Slash? Isn't that insane?)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:50 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
A note of caution: I'm pretty sure Marth can spike Chibi-Copter. (Also, did you know that Marth can spike Dolphin Slash? Isn't that insane?)

maybe thats bc his dair covers a quarter of the stage

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:00 pm
YIM
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Never really noticed that. Then again, most Marths I play are the "pros" from Anthers. That or I die to the regular FSmash tipper instead of getting spiked.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:25 am
BR Member

Sorry for the double post again :sweat:

Can someone explain the Yoshi MU to me? It feels kinda... demotivating. Any of Yoshis airials other than Fair outspeed almost anything I can throw at him, the DJ armor breaks my kill setups via throws, and offstage its really hard against a decent Yoshi. I basically have to make a commitment for everything I do minus Jab maybe. My priority is balls compared to Yoshis, my disjoints hurt me more than they help (or are too slow), and I need to get a hard read if I try to consider anything close to a kill.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:37 pm

:mario:

Fireball: when tossed on the ground this can lead to a grab follow up. Also good for approach.

:link:

Arrows: can be used to edge guard Link. They can also make for a good approach, but can usually be canceled out by Link's shield.

Bomb arrows: same as Link's standard arrows... Bombs are not pocket-able in case you're wondering.

Boomerang: this is a great tool. Chibi can essentially follow up anyway he wants due to the Boomerang bring opponents to him (grab, smash attack, etc). I personally think a grab would be the best option. However! This once again suffers from the fact that this projectile can be nullified by Link's shield.

You can probably also catch bombs, but I haven't had any luck doing so.

:samus:

Power missile: this makes for a great approach seeing how Chibi doesn't experience as much lag as Samus. It's also great for zoning and edge guarding.

Heat-seeking missile: great for mix-ups, can make result in combos, and great for approach. "Meh", edge guarding ability.

Charge-shot: this is awesome and makes for a great follow up after a jab reset. I tried comboing into with throws, but you can seemingly DI out it. It's also important to note that the shot doesn't go as far as Samus's and travels upward a bit.

Bombs: these are quite odd. They don't have many uses other than approach and Chibi can only pocket it after it explodes. Also, when these are throw they bounce a short distance across the ground.

:megaman:

Mega Buster: this move is similar to Samus charge shot. Great for jab resets, travels upward a bit, etc. However! You CAN combo into it with D-throw.

Buzz-Saw: great approach and can lead into combos.

Uair: no point in trying to collect these. When tossed they just freeze in the air.

Bricks: these are pretty useless due to the fact that when Chibi uses them they go pretty much nowhere. However! They still share the falling property of Mega Man's stand bricks. This means the can be used to hit opponents who try to recovery low.

Black hole and crash bomb are NOT pocket-able.

:fox:

Laser: don't even bother trying to pocket these. They literally have zero use. Not only that, but they travel upward and do so to a large degree.

:ness:

PK Thunder: don't bother trying to pocket this move. No matter what angle it's fired at it'll always get sent upward. You can't even style and send Ness upward with it.

PK Fire: just... No. I mean if you don't want to get hit with the move then pocketing it is a good way to avoid getting hit with it, but it literally disappears when tossed.

:pikachu:

Thunderbolt: just terrible. For some reason the bolt travels at an extremely awkward upward angle. Plus there's no real way to capitalize off the move.

Eh. I tried, but it seems as though Thunder can't be pocketed. Even if it is I don't recommend going for it. It's very difficult to pull off and the punishment is to harsh if you miss.

:peach:

Turnips: surprisingly Chibi can't pocket these.

:sheik:

Needles: Chibi can only grab needles if only one is thrown out at a time. If Shiek throws multiple needles out then Chibi's pocketing animation will be compromised. But there's no real point in going for these. As soon are a needle is thrown out it goes poof.

:sonic:

Spring: this can only be pocketed when Sonic uses spring in the air. It has some mediocre edge guarding ability and that's about it.

:zerosuitsamus:

Stun blast: can lead to various setups including an off-stage D-air. Also travels at a miner upward angle.

:bomberman:

Bombs: yep! You heard right! Chibi can pocket a bombs explosion. Once he does that then he'll have the bomb pocketed. The only problem is that your more likely to get punished then to get the bomb seeing how you have to be extremely quick and it requires for the Bomber Man player to blow up the bomb. Not only that, but the bombs travel a short distance. This can make for a great KO (power bombs) move as well as a great answer to a jab reset.

:zelda:

Din's Flare: you can only pocket this move when it explodes, but it's no really worth it. When tossed it comes out extremely slow and goes almost nowhere. Plus it has almost zero uses. You'd be better off just avoiding it.

:blackmage:

Fully charged f-smash: great for approach and edge guarding. When tossed it starts in the air for some reason.

Meteor: can be used for edge guarding, but travels a short distance. Also goes slightly into the air and then descends. I would say it could be used for approaching, but it's honestly to slow for that.

:tails:

N-spec: get lead into combos and various setups. Doesn't go as far Tail's normal n-spec. It also travels at a miner upward angle.

:yoshi:

Eggs: not worth it. They don't really lead into anything and travel a short distance.

:lloyd:

Demon Fang: "Meh", approach ability, but that's about it. It also travels a shorter distance than Lloyd's.

:sora:

Strike Raid: if Chibi pockets this then Sora will be left open for a bit. When Chibi tosses Sora's keyblade back at him it travels completely upward and gets little horizontal distance. If this connects then it can lead into combos and various other setups including an off-stage Dair.

Thunder: pocketing this can be used to avoid this when Sora players try to edge guard you, but other than that it has no real uses. Not only that, but when Chibi tosses it out it's directly above him. I mean if the Sora player jumps directly above you then I guess it can be used, but ehh...

:ichigo:

N-spec: can be used to approach, setups (U-air), and leads into combos. Travels at upward angle.

:kirby:

Final Cutter: there's really no need to pocket the slash left by this move. As soon as you toss it out it goes bye, bye.

:naruto:

Clone spam toss: travel a short distance when tossed back, but can still lead into setups and combos.

Side-B into Down-B grounded: no point in attempting to pocket this. Once tossed it disappears. If you don't want to get hit? Fine, but you can still be punished afterwards, so...

Down-B air: these have no practical use. They have some decent edge guarding ability, but when tossed back they go pretty much nowhere. You have to stand right near the ledge and even then this only covers opponents coming from below.

Uncharged Rasengan: you can't really pocket this outside off FFA's and doubles. The Naruto player has to hit someone with it first. If you been hit then your chances of DIing out are little to none depending on the size. If you do pocket it then it can be used to edge guard and approach. It travels at a miner upward angle.

Rasengan: this move essentially requires you to be right on top of your opponent if you wan it to hit. This is due to it traveling at an upward angle at such a high degree. I guess you can still use it to hit opponents trying to recover high or that are in the air. Also good for avoiding getting hit by the move assuming you don't get caught in the stun box.

:goku:

Kamehameha: pretty much gets the same benefits as Goku. A great tool for edge guarding and great for KOing opponents.

Ki blast: don't bother. When tossed these go pretty nowhere. Not only that, but you'll get hit by the second ki blast anyway.

GG. I'm done until beta... For the most part.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 pm
BR Member

You missed the Chibi-Blaster... Also what do you mean with "regular arrows" in your description of Bomb Arrows? Is it a Bomb Arrow or not?

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I'm gonna start maining Chibi. Low tier time!

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm
BR Member

Mr. Bonejangles wrote:
I'm gonna start maining Chibi. Low tier time!

Where is a like button when you need it? Chibi mains are gathering... We are already TWO! :D (If you say Kyoz I WILL blow up your house with exploding Jigglypuffs)

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Cookies wrote:
You missed the Chibi-Blaster... Also what do you mean with "regular arrows" in your description of Bomb Arrows? Is it a Bomb Arrow or not?

I didn't bring that up because I saw no point in doing so. Why would Chibi pocket something he already has? Even then, it's not really worth it. If the other Chibi decides to spam then the collection animation will get canceled out, most of the time. Collecting a single one, IMO, is pretty silly and it doesn't lead into much, or anything at all some times.

When I said, "same as Link's standard arrows", I was basically stating that they had the same uses. Bomb arrows are just better on the basis that they have bombs, which result in more damage and knock back.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:03 pm
BR Member

Well, pocketing Chibi Blaster gets rid of your biggest problem with it... Its fast and sets things up. Id say its better than he regular one, I dunno about the distance tho.

Small anmouncement: For the two people who are thinking of playing Chibi, Im currently doing a small Chibi guide which should be finished quite soon. It will include a moveset breakdown, Stage and MU discussion and anything else you need. Yes, Im that desperate to get a higher player rep than two.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:42 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Eh, I find no use pocketing chibi's blaster. You throw it at a weird trajectory and it's utterly useless. You're better off just using SH blaster.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:51 pm

ZeroSuitUser neglected to mention that you can pocket Naruto's up spec clone, and it's very useful. Better than reflecting one, since it doesn't disappear if Naruto makes another one.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:49 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next