The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:21 pm

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Chibi-Robo 

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
wow. Yeah that's impractical but wow is that just a pretty combo

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Finally. Road To 20CR - The Complete SSF2 Chibi-Robo Guide has arrived.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/379122178228092928/410393898335207424/Road_To_20CR.pdf

This is still very much a Work In Progress, so if you have anything to say about it, let me know!

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 am

MGN Username: Excecutioner12
Currently Playing: Ssf2
:chibirobo: is busted now lol

https://discord.gg/v4mVf4n
JOIN THE MEGAMAN DISCORD FOR ALL SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS! [color=#404000][/color]

Thu May 03, 2018 6:19 am
BR Member

bump

Chibi is basically unchanged. Uair is still busted, FSmash still does too much and doesnt link reliably, and USmash is neither changed to tweezers nor able to properly connect like it should. With the overall nerfs to some of our worse MUs (Marth, Samus, Tails, DK) Chibi should overall be better off now, although Lloyd especially will likely remain a pain in the a** (not like thats gonna ever change). Oh, and if anyone here has an idea of the Falcon MU feel free to share, I cant seem to get a grasp on how to properly deal with that f***.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I don't know about Lloyd, seems like an easier MU then before because of the nerfs to Demon Fang.
Chibi seems like the best at this point due to him countering most of the top tiers (except Lloyd) especially Bandana Dee, Fox, and Link.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm
BR Member

Chibi most definetly is not the best character in the game right now, as much as I would love him to be. Prolly not even Top 5, although at this point I can definetly see a Top 10 Chibi. And Im not exactly a Dee expert, but I highly doubt that hes a top tier all of a sudden :chibirobo:

Back to Chibi, he doesnt really beat most top tiers as you are implying. The only one Id say he straight up beats is ironically Meta Knight, arguably the best character in the game right now, and thats definetly up for debate. Lloyd still likely beats him by sheer design, Marth still is a losing MU, Ichigo still beats Chibi, and then theres also Fox/Falcon that definetly have an advantage over him as well. Of course, Chibi can beat every character in this game as of now, but that doesnt mean he has winning MUs over all of them. I do think however that he beats most of the current high tiers.

By the way, who else would be down for a size increase on Down Smash? I know that Chibi having semi-functional smash attacks is sort of a running gag at this point, but might as well try :chibirobo: Right now, the sweetspot is so tiny that more often than not, Chibi will actually push the opponent into the sourspot simply because of occupying the same space as them. This actually can result in characters with slower getup animations after a Jab Lock being safe from Jab Lock -> DSmash setups because they take long enough to be pushed out of the sweetspot, and this also means that in the rare scenario of a shieldbreak, Chibi does not have access to his strongest punish. A bit annoying at times.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 am

He beats Fox due to Fox's recovery not being disjointed allowing Chibi to use Dair, Uair or Blaster on it to KO Fox. Don't know about Lloyd due to the nerfs to Demon Fang making blaster the move with more range, restoring Chibi's lost camping. Ichigo got nerfed along with all the top 10 besides Chibi/Fox. Chibi also received a buff to Pick Up allowing it to work, making Tails a winning MU. Marth can get camped and Chibi can get him off stage and Dair him. Ichigo can be camped easily as well. I would say Chibi is top 5 at this point. And Bandana got more KO options and a weight puff, making him harder to kill(now a mid light weight), which helps tremendously. Chibi got some buffs which helps, plus pretty much every body above him got nerfed or in Fox's case, got buffed and nerfed but the nerf hurts his Chibi matchup.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm
BR Member

Yes, Chibi can edgeguard Fox, but everyone can do that, and Fox still beats most other characters. Chibi kind of sucks dealing with strong rushdown upclose and good shieldpressure, which spacies excel at. Both can also f*** each other hard should they land an opening, but Fox's vastly superior mobility advantage and better frame data mean he will be able to weasel his way around Chibis disjoints to find his openings and exploit them more often than Chibi will be able to.

Marth and Ichigo both are faster than Chibi and outrange him outside of a Frame 17ish projectile, which means they will have an easier time winning the neutral and convert into a punish, and let me assure you that they can punish Chibi quite hard. Marth especially is also quite threatening to an offstage Chibi because of DTilt and tipper FSmash runing any non-sweetspot Up B, but both chars have massive disjoints that s*** on our Side/Up B with ease.

Lloyd is once again significantly faster than Chibi and blessed with better frame data as well as an insane combo game, and I think I dont have to say this a third time in a row. He also has good tools to deal with a recovering Chibi (Fair/Bair beat Toothbrush, Beast/DSmash cover missed sweetspots). He is much easier to exploit offstage than the other two swordies listed above, and the Demon Fang nerfs help a lot, but I dont see this as a winning matchup (yet). Definetly doable though, just like any losing MU we have.

Where you are objectively wrong is the Pick Up "buff" however. The move straight up does not work anymore. Best case scenario, you pick up a Thunder Jolt and release nothing in return, worst case you go for something like Tails's Neutral B and actually get hit during the process of trying to store it. Oh, and you still cant fire anything back of course. This is hands down the single worst move in the game right now, and seeing how it has been awful for four years at this point, I dont think it will ever work even remotely as intended. Handgrab Down B when?

Tails is also a weird MU because once again, he is much faster than us, can edgeguard us very well and his combo game on us is also up there. Even last patch however when Tails was universally considered to be the best character in the game, Chibi had all the tools he needed to actually straight up beat a campy Tails in the projectile war. He still lost the matchup however, and that was because aggro Tails is much harder to deal with for Chibi's overall sluggishness both last patch and the current one. Then you remember that his Neutral B now is transcendent for some bs reason so you cant do s*** about it anymore, and Pick Up also is no longer an option, and campy Tails actually got a lot more threatening.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Funny, Pick Up works fine for me when i tried it on Ness with PK Fire and it worked on Tails' Energy Orb. That's weird.
Without Pick Up, then Chibi is screwed in the Tails matchup.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm

MGN Username: Dj_Hyperfresh
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2
Waifu: Kirby
YouTube Video:

bear lol#9526
these archives kinda gay
:bandanadee:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
The Dark Chibi Knight wrote:
Yes, Chibi can edgeguard Fox, but everyone can do that, and Fox still beats most other characters. Chibi kind of sucks dealing with strong rushdown upclose and good shieldpressure, which spacies excel at. Both can also f*** each other hard should they land an opening, but Fox's vastly superior mobility advantage and better frame data mean he will be able to weasel his way around Chibis disjoints to find his openings and exploit them more often than Chibi will be able to.

Marth and Ichigo both are faster than Chibi and outrange him outside of a Frame 17ish projectile, which means they will have an easier time winning the neutral and convert into a punish, and let me assure you that they can punish Chibi quite hard. Marth especially is also quite threatening to an offstage Chibi because of DTilt and tipper FSmash runing any non-sweetspot Up B, but both chars have massive disjoints that s*** on our Side/Up B with ease.

Lloyd is once again significantly faster than Chibi and blessed with better frame data as well as an insane combo game, and I think I dont have to say this a third time in a row. He also has good tools to deal with a recovering Chibi (Fair/Bair beat Toothbrush, Beast/DSmash cover missed sweetspots). He is much easier to exploit offstage than the other two swordies listed above, and the Demon Fang nerfs help a lot, but I dont see this as a winning matchup (yet). Definetly doable though, just like any losing MU we have.

Where you are objectively wrong is the Pick Up "buff" however. The move straight up does not work anymore. Best case scenario, you pick up a Thunder Jolt and release nothing in return, worst case you go for something like Tails's Neutral B and actually get hit during the process of trying to store it. Oh, and you still cant fire anything back of course. This is hands down the single worst move in the game right now, and seeing how it has been awful for four years at this point, I dont think it will ever work even remotely as intended. Handgrab Down B when?

Tails is also a weird MU because once again, he is much faster than us, can edgeguard us very well and his combo game on us is also up there. Even last patch however when Tails was universally considered to be the best character in the game, Chibi had all the tools he needed to actually straight up beat a campy Tails in the projectile war. He still lost the matchup however, and that was because aggro Tails is much harder to deal with for Chibi's overall sluggishness both last patch and the current one. Then you remember that his Neutral B now is transcendent for some bs reason so you cant do s*** about it anymore, and Pick Up also is no longer an option, and campy Tails actually got a lot more threatening.

Well, I have tested Chibi-Robo in Home Run Contest and Training, but definitely not in Classic or Smash... Anyway, I joined Team Star Flash! :wee:

Mains: :kirby:
Secondaries: :sonic: :mario: :captainfalcon: :simon:

YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Guys, just make pick up Villager's pocket. Bam. Fixed.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 pm

chibi is a epic character
but fix the pocket to make it more epic

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:25 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
I noticed a thing about Chibi's forward smash - he can still take a hit at the plug when it hasn't yet gone in maximum range, so it isn't quite all that much of a disjointed move
gif: show

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:04 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
Chibi Robo's plug is basically a part of its body, so is like Luffy's extended hurtboxes.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:12 pm
 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next