The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

The game only catches a desync if the match ends for one player. If it's time mode only, the game just doesn't catch desyncs at all, even though it desyncs. This seems like a big deal.

n.b. the "help us hunt desyncs" thread is nothing but "at some point my opponent decided to sd a bunch of times, then they taunted, then it desynced." This is because the match actually desynced right before the other player appeared to begin self destructing, and when they won the match on their screen the game finally caught the desync for the player who reported it.

Edit a long time later: In a stock match, the game registers a desync when one of the desynced players wins the game, but only for the player who didn't win their desynced game first.

Last edited by svladcjelli42 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 pm

A strange glitch occurs when Chibi Robo is damaged when throwing Bomberman's bomb (after grabbing it using the down special). The bomb stays spinning in midair and cannot be hit or blown up by Bomberman's down special.

Here is a link to download the replay file. The replay shows the whole match but the important part is when the bomb gets stuck.
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1e631dc8

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:43 am

I was playing Classic mode, to unlock Sandbag, and when I lost my final life to Master Hand, I continued, but the stage wouldn't load-it was stuck on the loading screen. This happens randomly when I'm playing, especially when I play the same stage over and over in Training mode. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm

The last hit of Samus's up-throw doesn't connect on Luffy sometimes. I haven't tested anyone else.
Looks like someone forgot to redo the sword trail of Meta Knight's ledge attack!

Last edited by Ed415 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Ed415 wrote:
The last hit of Samus's up-throw doesn't connect on Luffy sometimes. I haven't tested anyone else

Doesnt work on Ness as well (and its also like that in v0.9b :chibirobo: )

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 am
YIM WWW

If you through a Galaxian in Home-Run Contest as Pac-Man, Pac-Man wouldn't be able to interact with all of the objects on the stage (Sandbag, hydrant, fruits, etc).
The timer would count down to zero, but Pac-Man would be able to run and jump. This would go on forever, until you quit the stage and return to the character selection
screen. Also, if you zoom in on Pac-Man using the pause button, as soon as you un-pause the game again, the zoom-in screen would last forever, leaving you pretty confused.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
YuyaTheCrazyDude wrote:
Pac-Man

why wasn't this made the emote

Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:57 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
The start button is really sensitive on the stage selection screen sometimes.
like, when you press start button after selecting a character, the game will bring to the stage selection like normal, only to instantly select random stage the moment the screen loads.
this "bug" right here is really annoying as it didn't give you a chance to select a stage :annoyed: .

(this is also v0.9b, but it s more much sensitive in beta)

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:12 am
YIM WWW

SSF2 BUGS:

BETA

on browser, online matches are frozen after leaving the waiting room.

version 9b

1) inablilty to play online matches on version 9b despite recently creating an MGN account. (i tried to do this before encountering the following bug)

2) inablility to play 9b on my computer. every time I download it, when I try to play the game, the loading screen is all that appears. I've deleted downloaded the game countless times, and I've redownloaded other versions to see if this bug is in all versions of the game, but it isn't. 9b refuses to activate

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:53 pm

david v cosine wrote:
version 9b

1) inablilty to play online matches on version 9b despite recently creating an MGN account. (i tried to do this before encountering the following bug)

2) inablility to play 9b on my computer. every time I download it, when I try to play the game, the loading screen is all that appears. I've deleted downloaded the game countless times, and I've redownloaded other versions to see if this bug is in all versions of the game, but it isn't. 9b refuses to activate

1) The servers for SSF2 version 0.9b have been shut down permanently so SSF2 BETA's servers can be good, why would you play 0.9b anyway it's outdated

2) That's a glitch which does have a fix but there's no point in explaining it because
Just play BETA.

C'mon man the thread is even called SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread
Beta stuff. :sandbag:

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:56 pm

:lloyd: Lloyd lags the game even in offline mode on when he uses his other sword.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:35 pm

MGN Username: Lan_Hikari
Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: You bby ;)
If you use Pac-Mans boomer rang in home run, it glitches! pacman

Edit: Does anyone have any idea of why it glitches?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:38 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGSV, GOD EATER, Touhou
Waifu: Master Spark
Don't know if somebody's already reported any of this stuff, but I'm not about to trawl through 36 pages just to check.

If the opponent is too close to Lloyd (which can happen because of a wall), his F-throw will miss.
Also, this isn't a huge issue, but the lava in Bowser's Castle won't do anything if you're invincible, and if you fall in during invincibility, you'll fall through to the lower blast zone.
Lastly, half of the replays I've saved became de-synced.
On three occasions, somebody has fallen through Meteo Campaigns. Unfortunately, I have no replays of this, since two of those occurred in Classic mode, and the other was one of the replays that de-synced.

EDIT: Yoshi, possibly some other characters, will often not enter a helpless state when coming out of the mirror in Rainbow Route.

Last edited by Captain Potato on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Sora's backwards flowmotion makes Sora do a grab animation in the air in order to make the hit connect
Why that is I'll never know, it's stupid--you could've just used a pre-canned animation or something--and while it works most of the time
on characters like Giant Bowser, Sora's grab can miss entirely (Example, try backwards-flowmotioning Bowser right in his nose) because they turn around when hit by it and since Bowser is very curved it misses
And that's no fun
- - -
EDIT: Another dumb sora bug i found but I guess it's universal
His key kinda goes through the ground in Waiting Room when he's holding onto a ledge
like so :sandbag:
- - -
ANOTHER EDIT:
Hazards Off Steel Diver still has lower gravity
I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen :sandbag:

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Bedoop wrote:
david v cosine wrote:
version 9b

1) The servers for SSF2 version 0.9b have been shut down permanently so SSF2 BETA's servers can be good, why would you play 0.9b anyway it's outdated

2) That's a glitch which does have a fix but there's no point in explaining it because
Just play BETA.

C'mon man the thread is even called SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread
Beta stuff. :sandbag:

would you believe me if i said i was keeping every SSF2 version ive played since the first one as a keepsake? and also to see the history of SSF2 as it developed from version to version, but it's incomplete without the version before the beta.

i know it's the beta bug thread. i brought up a beta bug, but there's a significant 9b bug too and i havent seen any 9b bug threads for it, and i thought it should be reported somehow. and its not like im the only one who's mentioned 9b here.

and i have played beta, but without online it's just me and cpus. wheres the fun in that? and why would mcleodgaming "kill servers" for one game just for the beta and leave the others alone?

also, pretty sure you're not a mod

EDIT: wow finally found the 9b bug thread. but i still stand by everything above

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 am
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 106  Next