The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:00 am

[ 9 posts ] 
MMLegends application for BR..... 

MGN Username: MMLegends
Currently Playing: SSF2
Name (aka Handle):
MMLegends
How old are you?:
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
Megaman: i play megaman bcuz its fun to play as him ...PPL say Megaman is anti-hype and bad but i wanna prove them wrong!!!He got gr8 potential the only thing keeping him from being gr8 is his recovery and fall speed......
Ichigo: i used to play ichigo ditto with my friend and then one day i just picked him up as i was familiar with his moveset and his gameplay is quiet fun his grabs his down-B and dair is just plain RAD.....u can even spike ppl with his grab by dair and down grab at the edge of his stage.......
Sora: I play sora bcuz of his aerials...His aerials are one of the best in the game and u can even juggle with them and thunder......u can even spike marth on SV due to his tipper effect by dsmash........
How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
i played SSB64,melee,brawl and 3ds one but the parts i played the most are brawl and 3ds......
Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
i didn't attend any official smash tourney but i do participate in SSf2 tourney and place in top ten...
When did you start playing SSF2?
i started playing ssf2 on v0.7 but discontinued playing it and started playing frequently since v0.9a.......
What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
Smashville bcuz of the space it gives to my mains and also u can avoid attacks or get better placement by moving platform.As u already know MM needs space to perform attacks and pull out some combo's or for guarding and sora also needs space to perform aerial and thunder juggles......Ichigo doesn't need much space but open stage is also good for him...
Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
i think MK bcuz of his defensives and recovery...all his attacks mostly covers his weaknesses and he can also edgeguard very well.....
Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
Mario bcuz he needs attacks with ranges...most of his moves need alot of aiming and his spike also needs to judge the next move ur opponents gonna make....
If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
i would change MM's recovery speed and the fact that he cannot recover after being hit bcuz it could lead to just being K.O at 39% also nerfing LLoyld's sonic thrust and Marth tipping effect.....
What is your view on items in competitive play?
No items bcuz they can hinder ur gameplay also after smash ball appears all players go after the smash ball taking hits from other opponents just to be GODLIKE....
Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
Yes i can download skype......
Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.There is no specific reason for why i want to apply for BR and i am no exceptional applicant but still i want to make MM's recovery better and to know core aspects of competitive play....

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypav_if2-A

:naruto:
Watch MM doing stage spike:

Fri May 01, 2015 10:09 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Use the following stagelist to answer the following questions:

Starter stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (can be stricken at once)
Pokémon Stadium 3
Smashville
Yoshi´s Story

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Dracula´s Castle
Jungle Hijinx
Castle Siege
Tower of Salvation (gets stricken if FD/3DS are stricken)
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Wario Ware

1.) What is Soras best/worst stage and why?

2.) Assume you are at a tournament set Bo3. You are playing as MM and lost Game 1 to a Link player on PS3. Which stage would you counterpick if neither of you switch characters and your opponent leaves you free choice?

Be detailed in your responses.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri May 01, 2015 10:52 am

MGN Username: MMLegends
Currently Playing: SSF2
Skailler wrote:
Use the following stagelist to answer the following questions:

Starter stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (can be stricken at once)
Pokémon Stadium 3
Smashville
Yoshi´s Story

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Dracula´s Castle
Jungle Hijinx
Castle Siege
Tower of Salvation (gets stricken if FD/3DS are stricken)
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Wario Ware

1.) What is Soras best/worst stage and why?

2.) Assume you are at a tournament set Bo3. You are playing as MM and lost Game 1 to a Link player on PS3. Which stage would you counterpick if neither of you switch characters and your opponent leaves you free choice?

Be detailed in your responses.

1)well sora's best stage for me is stages like BF with alot of platforms bcuz sora is all about aerials and stages with platforms allows him to chain combos with up b on his opponent if his pponent is on platform...up b is the best option for offense and then nair bair and dair as for uair it is more involved in combo's starting with flow motion....
Sora's worst stage is without platforms like FD and 3ds bcuz i he don't have any kill move except fsmash and upsmash..and he struggles alot on stages without platforms bcuz he needs to focus his game more on flowmotion then aerials bcuz if characters like marth are up against himthey can anticipate his aerials and react quickly to them the next question is of flow motion..flow motion can also be anticipated and can easily be coutered by most characters fair and fsmash but if u r using it suprisingly like in very close range u can catch ur opponent off guard and start a chain which can cause him about 50% damage in one chain so sora struggles with flat stages without platforms....

2)Smashville for sure bcuz it provides MM alot of space to react and DI some moves and the moving platforms allows him to get better position and execute specials like blade which is very slow but is gr8 when executed at the right time as most of MM moves require a little time to charge or execute...he needs to rely on spacing which SV provides moves like spike or wind or hard knuckle provides gr8 edgegurding but stil needs time to execute he solemnly relys on timing his moves also bcuz of the space SV provides he can execute combos with drill arm and can do a 0 to death combo with it...why i didn't pick stages with platforms like BF bcuz MM needs to be on surface to play his best shots noise crusher which provides vertical recovery can be anticipated and countered on stages with platforms bcuz it provides players exceptional height near blast range so players with swords can easily toy with MM and MM also lacks stage spike moves to get some time to relax....As most moves in his moveset move straight and are slow MM needs to play on flat surfaces and rely on timing and DI...................

:naruto:
Watch MM doing stage spike:

Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Thank you for applying! Im sorry to tell you this, but your app has been denied. Feel free to apply again once Beta is out tho!

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri May 01, 2015 5:32 pm

looks like Skailler is salty about getting wrecked in his video

just kidding of course sorry for posting in this thread :?

Wed May 13, 2015 7:18 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Make sure to lock applications to prevent things like this from happening.

Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
".............................." INTENSIFIES

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Skailler wrote:
Thank you for applying! Im sorry to tell you this, but your app has been denied. Feel free to apply again once Beta is out tho!

What I understood - hi thx but wat u said was stupid. try again lol.

Thu May 14, 2015 3:24 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
If you are not a backroom member please refrain from posting in other peoples' applications. Thanks.

Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 9 posts ]