The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Zalozis wrote:
Shine wrote:
Buff
•Zelda's ftilt has more range, speed, and consistent knockback scaling for combos beyond low percents.

•Fsmash - deals more total damage uncharged. 13% -> 15%

•Nair has more priority.

•Dair has more priority. (I don't know about this. How much priority does it even have?)

Nerfs
•Ftilt deals less damage. 14%->12%
•Ftilt has a sourspot on Zelda's torso that deals 10% and sends the opponent infront of Zelda.

•Nayru's Love hitboxes don't linger.

Neutral
•Lightning Kicks mirror each other, They now KO around the same percents.
•Fair deals 8% sour, and 18% sweet. KOs at 90%
•Bair deals 8% sour, and 18% sweet. KOs at 80%
•Dair deals 7% sour, and 17% sweet. The sweetspot can KO at very low percents offstage, but around 140% on stage.

•Zelda has new teching & ledge roll sprites.
•Zelda has a new ledge and getup attack.
•Back Throw now emits a burst of magic sparkles. Fitting for being one of the two strongest throws in the game.[/b]

•Zelda has new taunts. c:
-Down Taunt where she waves towards her opponent. Plays the Puzzle Solved sound effect.
-A new Side Taunt where she nonchalantly flips her hair. Plays the Rupee sound effect.

To add:
+Buffs
•Initial-dash steps forward about twice the distance.
•Dash-Attack travels 50%+ the distance it currently goes.
•Up smash does 14%.

-Nerfs
•Slightly decrease in Up-Smash knockback.
- Up-Smash hitbox ends slightly sooner to make it easier to punish with an aerial.

Anything more than this could result in overly abusive play or change her design too much. This all here would be good. Zelda's is quite well-balanced, as well as has a playstyle that rewards the player with having good fundamentals. That's encouraging. She just needs some tweaks to make her gameplay feel very clean and polished.

[•Lightning Kicks now have visual ques for landing sweetspots rather than just freeze frames. They also cause the Electrified visual effect on opponents.]

Maybe this. This would be neutral/nerf. Opponents have less time to DI, but Zelda will have less time to see it connect and re-adjust to further. It would be cool to speed up his combo game, but I know if it's necessary would truly worth it.

I'm also very on the fence of changing Din's. It's a mediocre move at best. You need super-accurate aim and require hard-read guessing that makes it near useless in some faster match-ups. It be scary to buff it though. Fixing its auto-detention on platforms would be necessary; it needs to slide off them or just ignore them. I would probably at least make it so the further Din's travels, the more damage (not knockback) the fire-blast will do. It does 9/10% no matter what. If you made it travel that far and somehow still hit your opponent after its flight being so predictable, you deserves a bit more damage reward.

Buff
•Zelda's ftilt has more range, speed, and consistent knockback scaling for combos beyond low percents.

•Fsmash - deals more total damage uncharged. 13% -> 15%

•Nair has more priority.

•Dair has more priority. (I don't know about this. How much priority does it even have?)

Nerfs
•Ftilt has a sourspot on Zelda's torso that deals 10% and sends the opponent infront of Zelda.

•Nayru's Love hitboxes don't linger.

Neutral
•Dair deals 7% sour, and 17% sweet. The sweetspot can KO at very low percents offstage, but around 140% on stage.

•Zelda has new teching & ledge roll sprites.
•Zelda has a new ledge and getup attack.
•Back Throw now emits a burst of magic sparkles. Fitting for being one of the two strongest throws in the game.[/b]

-Down Taunt where she waves towards her opponent. Plays the Puzzle Solved sound effect.
-A new Side Taunt where she nonchalantly flips her hair. Plays the Rupee sound effect.[/quote]

To add:
+Buffs
•Dash-Attack travels 50%+ the distance it currently goes.
•Up smash does 14%.

-Nerfs
•Slightly decrease in Up-Smash knockback.
- Up-Smash hitbox ends slightly sooner to make it easier to punish with an aerial.

Buffs
•Faster Jab - so we have a poking tool in neutral. The current jab isn't that good.

•Nayru's Love has invincibility/intangibility/super armor on startup.- We should be safe when we use Nayru"s Love. It has terrible priorty imo. Attacks shouldn't be beating us out of the diamond. If the opponent wants to punish us they can wait till the endlag. It's annoying being hit out of the diamond. Nayru's Love also has invincibility in every iteration of Smash except SSF2.

I personally support changing Din's Fire. If the devs said every character will use their best traits from their various incarnations then I don't see why Zelda can't have PM Din's. Especially since we play a game where characters can have 5 bombs out on a field and a stunning clone mine. I think PM Din's would be super fun to work with in SSF2.

Nerfs
Also I think you misunderstood me on the Lightning Kicka. I didn't mean they should remove the freeze frames. I just think they should add visual aesthetic effects to the sweetspots as well as the freeze frames. Lightning Kicks look rather bland the way they are now.

Also Zalo we're getting Faore's Wind nerfs no matter what. We might as well not try to fight it.

I also think Dsmash could use a nerf. But nothing drastic LOL just make it 9a Dsmash. So rather than killing at 40% it kills at 70% and is slightly faster. c:

Also TCS I began reading your post but then you said make Dsmash the same power as fsmash and I disregarded everything you said to la;dc. lol xD

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:05 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Dsmash could get a knockback nerfed, but don't give it less start-up. It would become more of a mashable go-to-move to push off people up close and you don't want to encourage that.

Nayru's Love is already good. When it hit, Zelda and her opponent end up on near even frame advantage. It's a good GTFO move. You have to be wise with it right now or Zelda gets punished. I'm not sure about buffing it much.

I also think Zelda should be vulnerable, at least for a frame, on the reappearance of Faore's before the hitbox comes out. Zelda has pretty weak air speed and no other recovery methods, as well as very linear teleport directions that can be easy for most character to cover; I don't understand why it's travel distance would be nerfed.

Quote:
Especially since we play a game where characters can have 5 bombs out on a field and a stunning clone mine.
You know those things are overpowered. We should nerf abusive tactics not try to put Zelda on there level. Even though we could balance the PM Din's for the SSF2 environment, the current one still has an interesting usefulness.

Quote:
Make Din's good as a close-range tool by buffing the startup and speed (and keep its priority), but don't make the fire's power larger the more it travels, and add a little bit of endlag.
No way, man. It's so difficult to confirm Dins on good players. It's also very easy to DI and survive the fire-blast even at 90%+. You also can just throw out any aerial and kill the Din's Fire. It's so slow, it's not like you can't see it coming either. Nerfing her Dsmash, yes. But Din's is incredibly average as a move. It has a the good use of obtaining early kills and be a full-screen combo extender, but it has many vulnerable aspects. Buffs might not be fully justifiable, but no nerfs needed however.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Zalozis wrote:
Dsmash could get a knockback nerfed, but don't give it less start-up. It would become more of a mashable go-to-move to push off people up close and you don't want to encourage that.
You're right, it doesn't need less startup. I agree it's knockback should be nerfed but I still want it to be a crazy good KO option. Maybe not the 40% killer it is now but it's 9a strength would be just fine.

Nayru's Love is already good. When it hit, Zelda and her opponent end up on near even frame advantage. It's a good GTFO move. You have to be wise with it right now or Zelda gets punished. I'm not sure about buffing it much.
I know all this, I'm just saying give Nayru's Love invincibility on startup so moves can't hit us out of it. It shouldn't ever clank or be beaten out. But I know we should use Nayru's wisely not to get punished but being punished mid use is dumb.

I also think Zelda should be vulnerable, at least for a frame, on the reappearance of Faore's before the hitbox comes out. Zelda has pretty weak air speed and no other recovery methods, as well as very linear teleport directions that can be easy for most character to cover; I don't understand why it's travel distance would be nerfed.
I don't want the travel distance nerfed either but that's how it was in the Apex Build. I still think they should keep Faore's the same way it is now but give it landing lag.
Quote:
Especially since we play a game where characters can have 5 bombs out on a field and a stunning clone mine.
You know those things are overpowered. We should nerf abusive tactics not try to put Zelda on there level. Even though we could balance the PM Din's for the SSF2 environment, the current one still has an interesting usefulness.
Then I hope they make PM Dins and balance it for the SSF2 environment! xD I want to be able to pull of sweet set ups like fsmash->din's->fair. It just looks so fun.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 am
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
You cannot give Naryu's Love invincibility on startup, there has to be a couple of frames without it at the beginning. Otherwise, you can just buffer n-spec during any roll, tech, or getup and if they don't punish perfectly they will get hurt. This is why wakeup shine in Melee for Fox/Falco is so good, frame 1 invincibility (plus in ssf2 we can buffer specials to make them come out on the first frame possible).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:04 am

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Shine wrote:
I don't want the travel distance nerfed either but that's how it was in the Apex Build. I still think they should keep Faore's the same way it is now but give it landing lag.
]
I didn't notice that part. That is really dumb for it to be so similar to Vanish's distance. Zelda is much easier to push off-stage than Sheik. Hope that's just a mistake.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 am

Zalozis wrote:
Shine wrote:
]
I didn't notice that part. That is really dumb for it to be so similar to Vanish's distance. Zelda is much easier to push off-stage than Sheik. Hope that's just a mistake.

Same, it is really dumb.

Edited the changelist based on everyone's inputs!
Buffs
•Jab is faster.

•Zelda's ftilt has more range, speed, and lowered knockback scaling for combos beyond low percents.

•Fsmash deals more total damage uncharged. 13% -> 15%

•Nair has more priority.

•Dair has more priority.

•Usmash has a slightly bigger hitbox it also does more total damage uncharged 14%.

•Dash Attack travels 50% farther than it currently goes.

•Nayru's Love has transcendent priority.

Nerfs

•Dtilt no longer meteor smashes.

•Usmash has slighlty less knockback and the hitbox duration is slightly decreased. Making it easier to punish with an aerial.

•Dsmash is now reverted back to its 9a strength.

•Nayru's Love hitboxes no longer linger.

•Faore's Wind has increased landing lag following the global special fall nerf. Though reappearing directly onto the stage or a platform drecreases the landing lag significantly.

•The hitboxes on Faore's Wind are weakened (Ribbon 7%->5%, Reappear 11%->5%). The reappearance hitbox was also tightened.

Neutral
•Lightning Kicks and Dair have new aesthetic hitbox sprites and visual ques for landing sweetspots. Along with still having freeze frames.

•Zelda has new teching & ledge roll sprites. Where she somersaults like the rest of the cast rather than reusing her roll sprites.
•Zelda has a new ledge and getup attack. Where she sweeps the ground around her with her legs rather than reusing her dtilt sprite.

•Back Throw now emits a burst of magic sparkles. Fitting for being one of the two strongest throws in the game.
•Most of her attacks in general emit more magical sparkles.

-Down Taunt where she leans forward a little and waves towards her opponent. Plays the Puzzle Solved sound effect.
-A new Side Taunt where she nonchalantly flips her hair. Plays the Rupee sound effect.

Wishlist
•Din's Fire is akin to PM. Zelda can set a fireball anywhere on and off stage. If the opponent makes contact with it, the Zelda player uses side special again after setting a fireball, or after 5 seconds have passed the fireball will explode. Regardless Zelda has to wait 3 seconds after the previous fireball explodes before she can use Din's Fire again. It also travels slightly faster.

•The player tag disappears when Zelda uses Faore's Wind.

•Zelda's Fair/Bair & Throws use their Melee Sound Effects.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 am
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
I feel the presence of PM Din's fire is unnecessary. The current Din's Fire is already good enough as is. I'd be fine with some stat changes but completely changing it would be unneeded.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Noted lol, added PM Din's to a new section. The changelist is now complete.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:22 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Fun fact:

You can elevator combo in this game.

However, it works at very late percentages, it works on Puff at 145% on FD, and works on DK at 240%

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Din's Fire

Where is it now?
Currently as of version 9b Din's Fire is basically a faster, weaker version of it's Brawl counterpart. While this isn't bad by any means many Zelda players are rarely seen casting this special. Many only opt to use it when the opponent is offstage to try to gimp their recovery but this is often fruitless as Din's Fire has average knockback and can be DIed extremely easily. Din's Fire, even with its buff in speed is still very slow. Meaning in any matchups with a character that has even a moderately fast dash or air speed Din's Fire is often useless. It also doesn't fair any better VS campy characters or characters with charge specials such as Samus & DK.

What about the future?
Well it's known news that in Beta there will be a global recovery nerf in form of every up and recovery special gaining landing lag. This means Faore's Wind, Zelda's only recovery option will be heavily nerfed. As of what we seen so far(as of the Apex Build of Beta) Faore's Wind's travel distance was cut in half. Along with receiving a ton of endlag on both ground and aerial landings. Effectively giving Zelda Lloyd Tier recovery.

So what does that have to do with Din's Fire?
Well since Faore's Wind was arguably Zelda's best special move(out of the 3 she currently has barring Transform) this leaves Zelda a low damage defensive tool in Nayru's Love and a mediocre projectile in Din's Fire.

So what do you propose?
I think the best way to go is to change Din's Fire to act similar to but not exactly like Din's Fire from Project M 3.5

How SSF2 Din's Fire would work.
•Zelda will cast a Din's Fire exactly how she currently would.
•Upon releasing the special button rather than immediately exploding the Din's Fireball will stay suspended in the air with an active hitbox.
•Din's Fire will stay active for roughly 3 seconds before it explodes on it's own.
•Zelda can also use side special again while a Din's Fireball is out to prematurely detonate it. Using Transform will also detonate the fireball as well.
•Unlike Project M once the Din's Fireball explodes a fire wisp will not come flying back to Zelda. Instead Zelda has to wait 2 seconds before she can cast Din's Fire again.

Specific Buffs and Nerfs: show
Buffs
•Din's Fire now stays suspended midair for 3 seconds.
•Din's Fire has less knockback. Allowing Zelda to combo off of it more easily.
•Zelda has more control when maneuvering Din's Fire.
•Din's Fire travels slightly faster.
•Din's Fire has a powerful explosion hitbox when it explodes naturally after its 3 second timer runs out. This explosion always does 13%.

Nerfs
•Din's Fire has much less knockback, lowering it's ability to gimp and KO opponents.
•Damage now ranges from 8-10% depending on how far the fireball has travelled. Lowered from 10-11%.
•Din's Fire no longer auto-explodes when colliding with a platform/wall/stage. Instead the Din's Fire will plant itself in it's current position.
•Din's Fire has a 2 second cooldown.

Wouldn't this change the character too much?
The beautiful part is that Din's Fire in it's current 9b state is completely optional to use. Changing it to PM Din's wouldn't effect the entirety of Zelda's current playstyle. Instead it gives Zelda access to combos, zoning, and setups she's never had before. Giving her a new tool to keep the character fresh and fun to play. The recovery nerf for a Din's buff is also welcome in my book. As Zelda can use Din's Fire to aid her recovery giving her options to trick and challenge her opponent.

Basically what I want to do in Beta

Last edited by Shine-chan on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:11 am
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
I seriously doubt the travel distance of her up b was cut in half. If it is, that's a pretty big nerf lol. And as much as I like PM Din's Fire, I still think the Din's Fire we have rn is plenty good. Would be cool if PM Din's Fire made it into SSF2 tho

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:23 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
not quite half but close to it

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
welp. Dawk's playstyle is 9001% ruined.

Time to join 20XX and main Lloyd.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 am
YIM WWW

Then I hope her initial-dash and on-stage tools get better, like in the change-list. The long teleport was her only reliable tool to create breathable space from faster-characters' pressure.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:32 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
She still has an incredible onstage game with amazing priority, decent range on a lot of normals, decent combos but excellent kill moves that can be comboed into, and tools to beat a lot of approaches. (Assuming that these attributes don't go away in Beta.) Even with a few extra frames of landlag, it's still super hard for some characters to ever touch Zelda if she just spams that over and over. Besides, if you want Zelda to have tools against swordsmen then give her tools that don't involve camping out the opponent, as people are wont to do with FW. Give her approach options in neutral against Lloyd and co., and she'll be fine, but don't make Zelda players rely on an incredibly annoying strategy that is nearly unbeatable if used correctly against certain characters on certain stages.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 am
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next