The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
Final Fantasy 

Oh if only I could get a hold of the series... oh well, I still have my SNES and Final Fantasy VI/III

Like every other bad flash video on the internet

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 am

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Deko wrote:
Oh if only I could get a hold of the series... oh well, I still have my SNES and Final Fantasy VI/III

off topic question. i was playing tf2 and got killed like 3 times by a guy named deku...was that you, deko??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 am

Currently Playing: SRW OG: Dark Prison, Fullboost, Gundam Breaker 2, & Gundam Batt!e Operations
FFIII was my thing. This is the first game to start the Job system. I left one person as a Onion Knight, then a Ninja, Fighter, and Red Mage.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 pm

I have games I-IV for portable systems and XIII on my PS3... XIII is okay but possibly my least favorite so far.

I think I have a stigma I have to overcome in thinking that Final Fantasy is meant to be a portable game. I have IV on my virtual console but sitting in front of a screen for it didn't feel as right as playing it on my DS... I'm currently trying to decide whether or by VI on Virtual Console or order a gameboy copy. Any advice from anyone?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:
I have games I-IV for portable systems and XIII on my PS3... XIII is okay but possibly my least favorite so far.

I think I have a stigma I have to overcome in thinking that Final Fantasy is meant to be a portable game. I have IV on my virtual console but sitting in front of a screen for it didn't feel as right as playing it on my DS... I'm currently trying to decide whether or by VI on Virtual Console or order a gameboy copy. Any advice from anyone?

What are you crazy? Final Fantasy was always about sitting down and being sucked in, man. From the NES to the PS3.

Virtual Console it up!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 am

okay, so I'm getting final fantasy 12. Is it good? I watched some game play videos and i was quite impressed.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Final Fantasy twelve is by far the worst.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
12 is really hit or miss, just as many people seem to love it as much as there are who hate it with a burning passion.

Personally I haven't been playing too long, only about 3 hours, and so far it's really slow combat wise and story, but I guess it might get better later on. Imo, though, XIII was the worst (That I played)

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

drako691 wrote:
12 is really hit or miss, just as many people seem to love it as much as there are who hate it with a burning passion.

Personally I haven't been playing too long, only about 3 hours, and so far it's really slow combat wise and story, but I guess it might get better later on. Imo, though, XIII was the worst (That I played)

13 was the 1st one i played...not a very good first impression. do all FF games have the ATB battle system?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Ramsey wrote:
Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:

What are you crazy? Final Fantasy was always about sitting down and being sucked in, man. From the NES to the PS3.

Virtual Console it up!

Took said advice and stopped shortly after Figaro castle got attacked. Really enjoying it so far

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh, and because it's worth bragging about, I feel like I should mention...

I've only ever beaten Final Fantasy III with early game classes, I have an almost impossible time playing it any other way. My original clear party was a Freelancer (Ultima Weapon and Crystal Shield), a Red Mage (Excalibur and Petrification Staff), White Mage (Elder Staff and Pertification Staff) and a Warrior (Giant Axe and Ragnarok), all Job Level 99

I'm trying to beat it with an Onion Knight, Summoner, Sage and Ninja... But I just can't do it >,<. I'm just better with early game jobs

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

double post dude..

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 am

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
drake147147 wrote:
drako691 wrote:

13 was the 1st one i played...not a very good first impression. do all FF games have the ATB battle system?

The only games like XII and XIII are XII and XIII. You could look up videos for the rest of the series if you'd like, personally I thought X had the best battle system even if the game itself was a bit linear (Which is part of the reason I still love VII a little more than X)

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 am

Currently Playing: Jump Ultimate Stars, inFamuos,WipeOut HD, StH(1-3&K)
FFXIII was pretty good in my opinion, of course, that COULD just be the sight Lightling talking... jk, I like the ATB system in that ne the best, they were filled too slow on the earlier games, I have nothing against turn-by-turn I just prefer it when you have multiple ATB bars and they filled more quickly, the gameplay is much faster and the same strategising is still operational, I remember liking to set the bttle mode on active in FFIV, guess I'm just rushed like that.

Still though I see FFIX as the best of the series, It simply had it all: good overall plot; great music; character development; character development for NPC's; the main char wasn't an emo(exept for a sertain moment when he wasn't alone, y'know, the one with the EPIC background music named after it); good overall battle mechanics; its fair amount of humor, not to mention you had to to be pretty silly to ever find yourself too low on money, its everything I could ever ask for in an RPG exept for no grinding.

Main Site: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

My fan list: show
Whimzer,
The Grand Finale,
Xbuster717,
simi1022,
Jayson6767,
ßØþþ¥,
Dark Waluigi,
Blitz,
Someone Else,
Speedtrap

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Disguy wrote:
Still though I see FFIX as the best of the series, It simply had it all: good overall plot; great music; character development; character development for NPC's; the main char wasn't an emo(exept for a sertain moment when he wasn't alone, y'know, the one with the EPIC background music named after it); good overall battle mechanics; its fair amount of humor, not to mention you had to to be pretty silly to ever find yourself too low on money, its everything I could ever ask for in an RPG exept for no grinding.

I have heard all kinds of great things about IX, I'm hoping to get it on the PSN at somepoint, seems pretty great

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 pm
 [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next