The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:45 pm

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
April 1st, 2014 News (A Newcomer Approaches!) 

I feel as if I would have a pretty good reply if there weren't so many thirsty fanboys slobbering all over of the c*** of Cleod.

Oh well, I agree with you guys. SSF2 > Melee!

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:28 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Nobody said that.

And if you're so sure that SSF2 is gonna be DOA... why don't you sit back and watch as it is released and becomes the biggest Flash game on the entire web?

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 pm

[TSON] wrote:
Nobody said that.

And if you're so sure that SSF2 is gonna be DOA... why don't you sit back and watch as it is released and becomes the biggest Flash game on the entire web?
[ Image ]

You guys are missing my point. All I was trying to say was that you guys should maybe focus MORE on getting the demo out on TIME instead of playing around and making the fanboys wait 500 weeks for 1 new character and 400 patch fixes.

Just my two cents.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
[TSON] wrote:
Nobody said that.

[ Image ]

Guile knows all about Flash (kicks)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
happy april fools day everyone make sure to have fun and not take things seriously

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Scott wrote:
happy april fools day everyone make sure to have fun and not take things seriously

Nah, it should be taken seriously.

SSF2 was in development even before Brawl was released. TWO new smash games will have been released by the time SSF2 is done.

This is like me making a pokemon fan game based on Generation I, and by the time I release it Generation IV is already out.

I honestly do not care if it is a "hobby" or if they have "lives", if you have common sense you should know where I'm coming from and if you looked at the comments on Reddit about SSF2 you would know I'm not the only one.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Scott wrote:

this except every day

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 pm
Site Admin

Thebaxman wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
Nobody said that.

[ Image ]

You guys are missing my point. All I was trying to say was that you guys should maybe focus MORE on getting the demo out on TIME instead of playing around and making the fanboys wait 500 weeks for 1 new character and 400 patch fixes.

Just my two cents.

4 characters, 4 resprites (and recoding that goes with that), spot-on balance, online mode, replays, special modes, hundreds of bugfixes, lots of engine improvements and more for a lettered update sounds like a small update?
Does that really sound like something that would take under a year with a comparatively small team doing this in their free time ONLY when school and work don't get in the way? For free?

Keep in mind that everything in this game is made up of squares. This isn't 3D modeling where you make a model and then you can pump out animations once every 5 minutes. And we also don't have the professional tools that these multi-million dollar corps use to streamline development.

I'd say everything taken under consideration we're doing very well. And if you think we're working slowly, you're welcome to help us find people with more time than we do.

*somersalts out of the room gracefully leaving rainbow trails*

EDIT: and as far as reddit, i've found almost NO negative stuff on there. I namesearch a lot, both negative and positive feedback are important and helpful. Idk where you're looking, but I can't find anything other than people complaining about no WDing lmfao. Again, not dismissing negative feedback, but if all you have is "the gaem is clunky" "ur taking too long" we can't do anything with that as it's not constructive.

If you have more to say about this, feel free to PM me since we're derailing the new character high itt.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

"My only complaint I've had with this game is how clunky it feels. In other smash games, I can jump around the stage and really feel in control of my character. In Smash Flash 2, it just feels... off. Let's hope they fix that once they update it more."

"Movement feels smooth to me just as long as it isn't lagging. Unfortunately, most of the time it is lagging."

"God damn this game has been in development for ages"

"It's amazing...except for the fact that I already have smash games."

"It's a decent knock off, but it's not worth writing home about. "

It's not just me! 8-)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:53 pm
Site Admin

pssssst
[TSON] wrote:

If you have more to say about this, feel free to PM me since we're derailing the new character high itt.

EDIT: but again, in terms of constructive feedback, there's not much to be done about any of that. "It's not good" "Not better than x" "Feels jank" etc. offer a feeling but not a method to fix. Why does it feel "jank", why is it "not good", what would make it "better than x" is what we care about.
(Though the goal obviously is not to be better than any Smash game bar Brawl tbh, but rather to be a well-made PC version that you can play anywhere you have a computer, with some unique features, design choices, and a scene of its own). I'd be happy to clear things up and/or go into more detail in PM, but please let's not keep this going in here.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm sorry for continuing to be off topic but reminder that nothing anyone says on Reddit is worthwhile because of men's rights activists and pictures of dead babies

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Location: Outside your bedroom widow looking at you at night.
Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Fire emblem Fates, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Myth 2, Risk of Rain, SSF2, SSB4, Starcraft 2, Transister, Xenoblade Chronicles.
Are you very much done yet? We've used 3 pages on this, and several hours. Lets just talk about freaking Mr. Incredible PLEASE!

I'm trying to figure out what his other moves could be. It doesn't seem like he had any real signature attacks in the movie. Maybe he could throw a rock at someone to the head, kinda like that one scene.

Getting my avatar to fit sucked.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 pm
Thebaxman wrote:
Scott wrote:

Nah, it should be taken seriously.

SSF2 was in development even before Brawl was released. TWO new smash games will have been released by the time SSF2 is done.

This is like me making a pokemon fan game based on Generation I, and by the time I release it Generation IV is already out.

I honestly do not care if it is a "hobby" or if they have "lives", if you have common sense you should know where I'm coming from and if you looked at the comments on Reddit about SSF2 you would know I'm not the only one.

TheBaxMan: show
congrats
some people on the internet have the same opinion
that's soooo uncommon

Also, this is not anything like you making a 'Gen 1 pokemon game', because there are already millions of tools to do this, while SSF2 is made from scratch; the only thing it DOES borrows are few assets. Also, if you don't care, then it's not actual criticism; it's you being a b**** because you think it's easy to make a full fledged Smash Bros. game while fitting it into free-time. Also, stop saying it's taken '7 years'. The whole engine was recoded around 0.6 to 0.7 iirc.

Oh, and clunky gameplay? It's obvious you're overestimating the computer, and are just setting it to high for the looks; if it feels clunky, turn it down; or don't, and just leave the community, because you're one of the reason why the devs don't let us influence the roster.

Anyways, I hope Mr. Incredible is in, anyways. Probably not, though.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Currently Playing: Stellaris, Super Smash Flash 2 Beta, Particle Fleet: Emergence
I want to believe this is real just because I want another character, haha. While I am not necessarily (if it is real) looking forward to an August release date, perhaps the 8 characters mentioned above will be joined by at least one more (and before anybody asks, I am referring to TSON's post above mentioning the four we know of and four resprites = eight)?

That being said, I am ready for tomorrow to come and to be told that this is an April Fool's joke, or maybe the SSF2DT will pull a PMBR Turbo Mode and actually include Mr. Incredible after all, despite the Dev Team's/Cleod's own thoughts on Mr. Incredible (IIRC, Cleod said that Mr. Incredible was the one character who would never, ever be coming back, not even as an Expansion; or something to that effect, my apologies if I'm sorely mistaken or remembering something that was never said).

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm
 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next