The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[MP] Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed 

Im sorry but its official for me... I lost almost ALL hope for this game.. Every corner of it.
Y'know at first i thought "Wow.. Its come back bigger and better. I'm gonna see Vectorman, Ristar, Gunstar Heroes, and a few other of my SEGA favorites. I can't wait to see what amazing SEGA roster is up :D". Then.. E3 2012 bust me real hard in the balls when Danica Patrick is confirmed on a spot for Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Thats not bad until now they confirmed that Wreck-It-Ralph is joining the roster.

Great.. Now the roster is filling up with more unwanted guest characters. Im sure everyone will appreciate Wreck-It-Ralph being in the game but it just starting to make me lose hope because so far.. There hasn't been any surprises within the roster other than Vyse and Joe Musashi.

Expect Ken Balaugh to be in the roster.. Seriously.. Expect it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
Michael M wrote:
Im sorry but its official for me... I lost almost ALL hope for this game.. Every corner of it.
Y'know at first i thought "Wow.. Its come back bigger and better. I'm gonna see Vectorman, Ristar, Gunstar Heroes, and a few other of my SEGA favorites. I can't wait to see what amazing SEGA roster is up :D". Then.. E3 2012 bust me real hard in the balls when Danica Patrick is confirmed on a spot for Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Thats not bad until now they confirmed that Wreck-It-Ralph is joining the roster.

Great.. Now the roster is filling up with more unwanted guest characters. Im sure everyone will appreciate Wreck-It-Ralph being in the game but it just starting to make me lose hope because so far.. There hasn't been any surprises within the roster other than Vyse and Joe Musashi.

Expect Ken Balaugh to be in the roster.. Seriously.. Expect it.

Overreacting much? It's only 2 additions, and Wreck-It-Ralph makes a lot of sense for the game. There are still at least 10 more character slots ready, and Sumo has already said that a seperate budget (the marketing budget) is used to add these "extras." Everything they've planned for the game is still gonna be in it, these guys are just additions. Also the addition of NiGHTS is a pretty huge reveal, if you ask me.
Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:
Stump Lark wrote:
Phantom R wrote:
Oh I wasnt thinking that the ending of the movie would feature that, I'm talking about one of those bonus scenes that are at the end of most movies nowadays. Like after the movie is over and everything is settled, they could have a scene where Sonic or something congratulates him for turning into a good guy and invites him to the game or something...I dunno, just some wild speculation right here :P

The new single player mode hasnt been talked about much...All I've really heard about it is that you choose a character and go through all the tracks (Which represent the franchises) in the game and you unlock characters in the mode too. I look into it a little more, because I know I heard a few details about it. I'll update you when I get some news on it.

Oh! One of those in/after the credits clips? Yeah, that would be pretty clever!
Ah, I was hoping it would be some kinda 'adventure mode' kinda thing, or something like Kirby's Air Ride's City Trials.

Well we don't really know exactly what its gonna be, but one of the ideas for it was that during the mode you had to "save" all the characters and by doing so you then unlock them. Like I said, I'll try to see if a Sumo rep will confirm anything.

Oh and by the way, Sumo has said that they are trying their hardest to improve on all the weaker aspects of the first game. They said that they are going to try to dramatcally improve the Battle mode. I know that isn't exactly like City Trial, but it still has the battle aspects of it. I think they said something about a Dogfight level too where you fly around and battle.

An upgrade system is going to be available some way too, but what it is and how it works hasn't been confirmed yet.

I quite liked the battle mode in the first one! Played it a couple of times with some friends. (Especially the king of the hill one.) This sequel is beginning to sound pretty epic! (My only actual complaint is that all the trailers are using dubstep... and I suppose thats more of a personal taste issue... still, I'm hoping that won't be a dominant theme in the game itself.)

The dubstep isnt in the actual game I dont think. It's been confirmed that RICHARD JACQUES is doing all sorts of remixes for the game. If you didnt know, he's done a lot of work on SEGA games before, and has worked on both Jet Set Radio games, Samba de Amigo, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R, and the remixes for Sonic Generations. You wont see much dubstep in the final release since most songs are likely going to sound a lot like the games they are from. I heard some of the music on the NiGHTS track and it sounded amazing.

Steven wrote:
I really hope we get more diverse tracks for the series. I'm hoping to see a Green Hill, City Escape and Rooftop Run-themed track for Sonic.

Also I hope Vectorman, Q*Bert, Team Chaotix and Sketch Turner get in this time around.

And, dare I say, Eco the Dolphin.

Actually that was one of the first things announced for this game. Each track will have it's own unique setting, and each IP will only get one course (except Sonic. I'm gonna assume he gets 3 courses). The lack of level variety, was, along with the lack of All-Star moves in online mode, the most criticized aspect of the first game and I can thankfully say that both of those will be fixed this time around.

Also, I found low quality footage of both Wreck-it-Ralph and all the NiGHTS stuff. Should I post it here or do you guys want me to wait until more high-quality pics/videos are out?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
YouTube Video:

this may alittle something about the whole wreck-it-ralph thing

I AM APPLE

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:32 am

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
Taro/Fury wrote:
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWHc0Is78c&feature=player_embedded#! ]

this may alittle something about the whole wreck-it-ralph thing

Thats what I found, but the sounds of a bunch of Sonic fan's fangasms makes it hard to hear anything, so I decided against showing it.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am

i still found it somewhat enjoyable and awesome really wish i could go to sonic boom

I AM APPLE

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:43 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
My reaction to Danica Patrick? I hated it, because she's not a video game character.

My reaction to Ralph? Well, it's kinda a mixed bag, since he is a movie character, but he's from a video game in that movie.

I personally will probably enjoy having Ralph in though... but for Danica Patrick, we have characters like Miis and Avatars for that reason... just include a Danica Patrick suit for them when you start up the game, problem solved.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:14 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I don't see why you guys are crying over Danica Patrick or whatever the fjord she's called; Sega pressed on the fact, more then once might I add, that she does not replace anyone. So it's not like 'her spot' in the game 'could've been a more interesting character'. She's just an addition that we can ignore altogether.

Personally I agree with what'shisname that Sega should get around revealing some new Sega characters though. Even confirming the return of certain characters would be nice.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm
Site Moderator

I'm not complaining about her replacing anybody, I just don't think she fits into the series.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto

Can anyone tell me who the dude on the motorcycle is?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:44 pm
Site Moderator

I'm not sure, but he might be from one of Sega's zombie games, like that "Yazuka: Dead Souls" one. (Excuse me if I did not spell the name correctly, but I don't know much about the game, I have merely heard of it, and seen a few pictures and videos.)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Steven wrote:
I don't see why you guys are crying over Danica Patrick or whatever the fjord she's called; Sega pressed on the fact, more then once might I add, that she does not replace anyone. So it's not like 'her spot' in the game 'could've been a more interesting character'. She's just an addition that we can ignore altogether.

Personally I agree with what'shisname that Sega should get around revealing some new Sega characters though. Even confirming the return of certain characters would be nice.

I just saw a post by S0L elsewhere that after announcing Ralph they're going back to SEGA reveals. Let's hope by SEGA reveals they dont mean a bunch of new Sonic characters...I'm hoping for Ristar and Vectorman. Phantom R (Rhythm Thief) and Arle (Puyo Puyo) would also be amazing additions but I dont expect those two to appear. Would make my day if they did though.
Steven wrote:
[ Image ]

Can anyone tell me who the dude on the motorcycle is?

The dude in the white is Joe Musashi, the B.A. ninja from the Shinobi games. The guy next to him is Beat.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Steven wrote:

I understand that she doesn't replace anyone. But I'd rather a Sega character over her; I think she shouldn't have been much of a priority when it comes to this sort of stuff. I'd personally like to replace her, but meh.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:00 pm
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
Steven wrote:

I understand that she doesn't replace anyone. But I'd rather a Sega character over her; I think she shouldn't have been much of a priority when it comes to this sort of stuff. I'd personally like to replace her, but meh.

I think we all would. Its an odd advertising move by SEGA. Atleast Ralph makes some sense and is great advertising in multiple ways. I think what they were going for here is to have Danica Patrick as advertising for the older crowd and Wreck-It-Ralph for the younger crowd. The only way I coukd really see Danica's inclusion being an effective advertising move is if she won the race she is using the SEGA car in...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm
Site Moderator

Phantom R wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Steven wrote:

I think we all would. Its an odd advertising move by SEGA. Atleast Ralph makes some sense and is great advertising in multiple ways. I think what they were going for here is to have Danica Patrick as advertising for the older crowd and Wreck-It-Ralph for the younger crowd. The only way I coukd really see Danica's inclusion being an effective advertising move is if she won the race she is using the SEGA car in...

To put it simply... look at any "Go Daddy" ad.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:40 am

i hope its ok to bump i brought news

YouTube Video:

I AM APPLE

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 pm
 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next