The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:14 pm

[ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia XI [Pick Your Poison] 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I think the mafia would rather play it safe, because of their disadvantage in terms of numbers, so they probably did not pick the vigilante.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:07 am

Lucina wrote:
So let's start out with the basic questions.
1)How long have you been playing mafia?

2)Which alignment do you like playing as the most?(mafia,townie,third-party)

3)Which role do you like playing the most?

4)Which role do you think you play well as?

5)Why did you join this game?

1. I been start playing mafia on skype and then joined my first forum mafia on the previous game

2. Well, depends of the situation, but i do say both i guess...

3. I like playing investigative roles the most, because it makes me to feel useful for either side i am playing

4. well, last game i played as a mafia goon, and i think i performed a very good job guiding the mafia there (even if i end losing)

5. because it's entretaining, and it's a good way for excercise your brain and deductive skills, :P

Sorry guys by being so inactive on this game, i was focusing on other stuff lately, :S

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Terra wrote:
I think the mafia would rather play it safe, because of their disadvantage in terms of numbers, so they probably did not pick the vigilante.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this. I have a feeling they didn't look too deeply for the IC's advantages and picked him after glancing over his description. A vigilante is a gamble.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 am

I really don't think that the one shot cop was one of the roles chosen. True, the chances of the one shot cop finding a mafia are low, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible for them to find a mafia, and I'm pretty sure the mafia wouldn't want any chance whatsoever of the town finding out who the mafia are through their night roles. Besides, assuming that the one shot cop was one of the roles chosen, the player that has the role isn't going to be stupid enough to use it straight away on the first night. They're most likely going to wait until it is most needed, when the probability of them finding a mafia would most likely be higher.

The tracker seems like the most likely role to have been chosen. All the role does is tell the user who the player he selected visited during the night. This means that, in order for the role to be useful, the tracker would need to find the one mafia player that would be doing the mafia kill, which results in a probability that's much less then that of the one shot cop finding a mafia.

The jailkeeper also seems to be one of the likely choices for the mafia to have chosen, mostly because, even if the jailkeeper protects a townie that has one of the abilities, he will be roleblocking them as well, which would make their role useless during the night (Unless it is an innocent child.) Also, like with the tracker, the chances of either the jailkeeper blocking the mafia kill or protecting the player that is going to be killed is lower than the cop finding a mafia.

I highly doubt that the two shot vigilante was chosen for the same reasons as the cop. Even though the chances of the vigilante killing a mafia are low, it doesn't mean that it isn't possible, and I really don't think the mafia are going to want to chose a role which has a chance of taking out their own team. It's also worth mentioning that, if the two shot vigilante was chosen, there would be two other town roles in the game, which means that the probability of the vigilante killing a mafia is higher than the probability of the vigilante killing a townie that has one of the abilities.

Therefore, in my eyes, the innocent child, tracker, and jailkeeper are the most likely roles to have been chosen by the mafia.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Should we no-lynch and wait for a result?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:43 am

I'd like to see Nixter post before we do anything.
As much as he's on this site, there's no reason for him to be inactive.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Another day has nearly passed without a post from Nixter. Does he not know the game started? Or is he a lurking scum?

AMA

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Lucina wrote:
So let's start out with the basic questions.
1)How long have you been playing mafia?

2)Which alignment do you like playing as the most?(mafia,townie,third-party)

3)Which role do you like playing the most?

4)Which role do you think you play well as?

5)Why did you join this game?

Sorry everyone I got distracted with... I dunno what but yeah I'll be active now.

1. Not that long, I've played like 2 games I think?
2. Being Mafia is fun I guess
3. Making people seemed like they were evil was pretty G.
4. No role, I suck at this game
5. >Is bored

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

BTW I read nothing so I'll skim through it right now.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Every role that the mafia could have picked has its advantages and disadvantages, that's why they have the option to pick any of them.
There's really no way of knowing what has been picked by the mafia without knowing who the mafia are or before any night actions have occurred.
I do not at all firmly believe that the roles I suggested would be any more likely to have been picked than the ones that were already being suggested, I only posted that to spark up the debate that would lead to everyone posting what they thought the mafia picked (which is essentially saying what you would pick if you were mafia).
At the possible lack of an investigative role, and the current lack of any information, I figured that this was the best way to start discussion and potentially lead to some scumtells or towntells later in the game based on what roles actually do turn up.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

First days are always slow. From what I can tell I can see that Tid is more likely then not town. Everyone else seems quite normal and neutral.
The only one thing to note from, is theonewhoknocks saying that Nixter could be a scum for lurking this topic. Which is not really something we can work off unless we want to go for a rushed lynch(which I strongly suggest we don't.)

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Another day has nearly passed without a post from Nixter. Does he not know the game started? Or is he a lurking scum?

Nixter uses to be very inactive (and a terrible player imo :P). I hope he surprises me in this game.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
There's 3 maf and 3 power roles. Anyone smart won't be wanting to rush a lynch.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 am

By all means we should take it slow.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Oh yeah, by all means we should have more discussion before we lynch. I don't think Nixter is scummy (yet), I just was trying to get him to post.

AMA

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm
 [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next